“NOISY!!!”

Quality Inn Winslow
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I would rate this Quality Inn way below a 5!! The outside looks really nice-new paint,etc. but the inside is something else. When checking into a hotel you don't want to be told about the people that colored their hair or the motorcycle people (from New Mexico) that used a towel to check their bikes oil! You know that when you check into ANY hotel and you do this that you will be charged for the towels. If you eat at the restaurant (DJs) expect slow service but the bread is very good. The chef is the assistant managers' son and we felt like more family members work here because everyone we spoke to has the "we are the best" outlook. The rooms do overlook the indoor pool but in our upstairs room we listened to doors slamming shut and people running up and down the hall until after eleven at night, then it started again at six thirty the following morning. This is not someplace we would stay at again!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I enjoyed staying in this hotel and next time I'm in Winslow I will stay there again. It's in a convenient location next to the freeway, a shopping center with a Safeway, Verizon store and other shops that can come in handy when away from home. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were all friendly. The pool was large enough to get a little exercise and was actually aesthetically pleasing in an indoor courtyard. There is a restaurant and lounge that were busy in the evening and the people were friendly. I've paid a lot more for a lot less. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2013

If you find yourself in Winslow and can't get into (or can't afford) La Posada try this hotel and go to the La Posada Turquois room for dinner with the money you saved. We paid $79 for a king room including a very good warm breakfast and two free beers in the lounge. Athough this is an older motel, it has been nicely renovated and decorated and is very clean. All you need in a motel is a good TV and good shower with a comfortable bed and it has all of these. Donica at the front desk is very efficient and friendly and was kind enough to provide my wife with a tooth brush when she forgot hers. Over all a very good second best.

1  Thank Jayhawk375
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We are a mature age couple doing R.66 - we had not originally planned to stop at Winslow AZ but glad we did (after copping some bad weather). This hotel is not on the tourist strip - but is well located - right opposite large shopping complex with everything you need. Booked on line - it was a pleasant surprise. Super friendly staff at the desk - very clean rooms - pool and hot spa sensational - bar and dining room. This hotel has it all in my opinion and we are totally satisfied with this hotel and highly recommend it to anyone visiting this historic R.66 area.

Room Tip: You will not beat this hotel for value in Winslow AZ.
1  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My wife (very picky about hotel rooms) and I stayed there on 9/21. The hotel is what you expect for $120/night. Not great but very adequate clean room. All of the staff we interacted with were very nice. After a long day on the road we didn;t feel like searching for a restaurant for dinner so we opted for the on-site restaurant (DJ's). We were both pleasantly surprised. The grilled tacos were hands down the best tacos I have ever had anywhere in the US. The property manager came and talked to us for @ 15 minutes and was very nice.
I would recommend the hotel and the restaurant to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nakota7
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is my second visit to the Quality Inn in Winslow, AZ. The first time I was there I gave them some credit for trying to rehab a foreclosed property. Two years later I would say that the room I stayed in was not as good as the first time I stayed there. The bathroom was not so nice this time. The tub had a dirty looking non-skid surface (dark gray to brown color that made me not want to stand in it!) Time to renovate those old bathrooms!! The hallways are dark but I don't imagine that will change anytime soon. The bed, linens and pillows were comfortable. The free breakfast was decent. The staff members are still the shining stars at this hotel.

There are some transients who hang around outside the hotel. I stepped outside to move my car and was surprised by two men wandering through the parking lot. Two hotel employees immediately came outside (I assume they were monitoring the perimeter from security cameras ?), and quickly moved the fellows along. I got the sense from their conversation that they knew them and there was no malice intended but the hotel folks know this is not good for business. Kudos for being aware and on top of this situation.

Again, this is not a luxury hotel. Passing through Winslow along I-40 made it a convenient place to stop.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oldgeekswife
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very outdated toilets are old and small.bath tub is old and nasty the place stinks of cigarettes rooms are way over priced $120.00 plus $20.00 tax and that was with a discount. Stay away from this place

• Stayed: September 2013