“Great Staff, helpful and friendly”

Quality Inn Winslow
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Staff, helpful and friendly”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This Inn is in a remote part of Arizona where good accommodations are not plentiful. We were traveling with a group of 18 with the majority from Scotland and stayed for 3 nights. The front desk was efficient and friendly throughout our stay. The breakfast was well supplied by Paul who was very attentive to our needs. Rooms were pretty standard, but comfortable and clean. This is not as easy as one might expect in this harsh climate with monsoon rains and dust storms. We travel to this area annually and found noticeable improvement in our satisfaction this trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CSTARMES33
standingonthecorner, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Winslow, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review here for us on TripAdvisor.

We truly enjoyed having your entire group stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you all, and we look forward to having you stay with us again next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel was a good deal for the price but, not the best for cleanliness and air quality. The lady at the front desk was amazing! I told her about the price I saw online and she quickly agreed and also looked up my preferred member account information. Very helpful and pleasant!

Room Tip: get a room away from the pool.............soooooo humid!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
standingonthecorner, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Winslow, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
The team here at Quality Inn thanks you for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor for us.

On behalf of our entire team, I'd like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations during your recent stay. We value the feedback, both positive and negative, from our guests as it gives us a clear indication of the area we are in need of improvement in. Your comments and concerns have been shared with the entire team so that we can all search for better ways to improve our customer service and our guest's stay in the future.

If, in the future, you find yourself back in the Winslow area, we would appreciate you stopping in again to give us another chance to provide you with great customer service and clean accomodations.
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Danica was very friendly and helpful. Much better quality inn than the one we stayed in Williams Arizona. Anyway, the accommodations were updated. Great conversation with the bartender in the lounge. Friendly staff makes the staff much better

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Blahblahteacher
standingonthecorner, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Winslow, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
On behalf of the entire team here at Quality Inn Winslow, thank you for taking the time to post a review for us here on TripAdvisor.

Our staff's focus in on customer service, and receiving comments such as yours helps show us we are on the right track.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Quality Inn Winslow, and we hope to see you again in the Future.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this recommended hotel for a family reunion. I was told this hotel had been renovated. The only upgrades I noticed were the flat panel LG televisions in the room. The furniture in the rooms were very dated, bathroom sink has cracks in it along with the dirty tile on the bathroom floor. The curtains were left wide open so outsiders could see your belongings on the lower level. There were dead bugs in the room that had not been removed until I brought this to the attention of a tall gentleman that stated he was some form of management. He did reprimand the young lady in my presence (about the curtains) but as he removed the bugs he just simply stated this young lady was not the one who would have vacuum the floor. Upon checking out, I told someone named Tully (on name badge) and the only thing he had to say was that the staff had been reprimanded about the curtains. Yes select staff was friendly however management seemed less interested in my complaints.

Room Tip: Hotel has upper level with no elevator
1 Thank d h
standingonthecorner, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Winslow, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
On behalf of the entire team here at Quality Inn Winslow, we're very sorry we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay.

Please allow me to address a few points in regards to your comments;

It is hotel policy to have our housekeeping team open the curtains in the guest rooms while cleaning, thereby allowing more natural light into the room to facilitate the housekeepers being better albe to see while cleaning. They are, however, supposed to place the curtains back in the position they were found in rooms where guests are staying with us multiple nights. We do apologize that the housekeeper that cleaned your room during your stay failed to close the curtains as you had them. Our General Manger was the one that apologized to you in person and corrected the housekeeper on this.

As well, we apologize (as did our General Manager at the time of the incident) for your finding dead insects in your room. The housekeeper that prepared your room prior to your arrival should have paid more attention to detail during her cleaning.

We also are very sorry that we were unable to move your accommodations to a different room due to your dissatisfaction. Unfortunately due to being fully booked during the entire time of your stay, we were unable to find other accommodations for you.

Both management and our entire team here at Quality Inn Winslow are extremely focused and concerned in regards to our guest's satisfaction. We're sorry that you felt this was not evident.
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have very, very mixed feelings about the hotel and Winslow. I’m going to try hard to not blame the hotel for every part of a bad stay. With high winds, high heat, and abnormally (even for Winslow) low humidity, as a person with sinus issues, my goose was cooked. So my review is tainted by a pathetic nights’ sleep.

We pulled into the hotel at night. I’d like to say Danica, the lady who checked us in, was fast, efficient and pleasant. The gent that served breakfast in the morning was pleasant. So I had good interaction with the staff.

The hotel looks like it may have been a fancier place at one time. On the plus, the room was very, very large, as was the indoor pool, the centerpiece of the place. The price was certainly fair.

My issues: the place was dark, just oh-so dark. I read below about TV’s laying out by the pool: come mid-June, they were still there. I think it’s neat the hotel upgraded all its TV’s to flat screen, but having a couple dozen old TVs sitting out by the pool for a couple weeks is kind of weak. The lobby seemed in disarray, too. Linens and pool towels, deliveries I’m assuming, laying in the lobby floor, etc.

Coming in late, there was a gent sitting on the ground right by the door, staring at us (I had my wife and two small children in tow) as we entered. And I mean staring. And I mean sitting right next to the door. It was kind of creepy. As I was checking in, he spoke briefly to someone at the front desk, then began doing something with a hose out front. I’m assuming he’s an employee, which put me a little more at ease, but come on guys: employees, sitting on their butts in front of the door? Staring at entering guests?

The security seemed minimal. We stood with another group out back, unable to use our key on the back door. I gave up and hauled our gear in a different door. Our refrigerator had not been turned on, was downright hot. We put water bottles in it and turned it on full. By morning, some 12 hours later, it still was barely tepid.

There was a smell within the room when we turned on the AC (which was off when we came in). The room was downright steamy, but the AC did turn on quick. I’d suggest to management that considering your location, having the rooms at least partially cooled on a 100 degree day would be helpful. I couldn’t get past the smell. I decided it was pool chemicals (our room, like most, faced the pool). I’m absolutely convinced now that something in the AC unit wasn’t right (bad filter?) That contributed greatly to my aching sinuses.

Final complaint, although the doors from the back seemed secure (when even the guests can’t use them, that’s secure), there was a door to the restaurant open in the hall. I’m assuming this was to keep the restaurant cooler. Not my problem. I don’t like walking my kids, in their bathing suits, past a restaurant full of people, who were staring. Always staring. And for some reason, the lobby just didn’t seem secure. I could be wrong, and it could be my condition while we were there, but it just felt like non-guests were milling around.

The pool and the breakfast were good.

Over all, I’d stay somewhere different. I have no proof the place was dirty, no proof the AC was running dirty, no proof non-guests were streaming in and out of the place. But the darkness, the odd smell, the TV’s and construction stuff laying everywhere....it was just creepy.

1 Thank 111buckhorn
On behalf of our entire team at Quality Inn Winslow, thank you for taking the time to post a comment here on TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay.

We're very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations, as our entire team is committed to providing the best possible service and guest experience. Perhaps, as you said, there was a combination of factors, but we certainly do take responsability for those items that were directly under our control. We value the feedback, both positive and negative, from our guests and are continually searching for ways to provide excellent customer service and the best possible experience for the guest.

If, in the future, you find yourself back in the WInslow area, please consider giving us another chance to provide you with great customer service and clean accomodations.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Best hotel we stayed in all week! I walked into the Quality Inn by accident due to bad directions from the staff of another hotel. Danica was helping another guest at the front desk and still acknowledged me. She finished, and asked if I had a reservation, listened to my explanation, asked what I was quoted at the other hotel, gave me a good deal on a room, and honestly compared the Quality Inn amenities to the other locations. I knew something about the other hotels so I decided to get a room. She explained where everything was at the hotel so well that I did not need to ask questions. After seeing the room & putting some items in the refrigerator, I went to the front desk to reserved a room for our return trip home and was very happy that I did. The rooms were clean, air conditioners & refrigerators worked well, pool was nice & had clean towels, hot breakfast was great (not just continental breakfast), the beds were comfortable, the included wi-fi worked well, nice new flat screen televisions, manager offered more ice for our travel cooler if needed (& we had already checked-out), all other staff were also helpful, free cookies at check-in were a hit with the kids, and two free drinks at lunch the next day. Overall great place!
Danica can fill a hotel with honesty which benefits the hotel and the guests! She also has a sweet personality and great smile. Both major pluses when you walk into a hotel after a long day which we did on the return trip home. Thank you Danica & other Quality Inn Staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
standingonthecorner, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Winslow, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us here at TripAdvisor!

On behalf of the entire tream here at Quality Inn Winslow, we would like to offer a heartfelt thanks for your kind words. Customer service is paramount to us, and it is such a boost to the whole team when we receive such glowing comments such as yours.

If you find yourself back in our area in the future, we would certainly appreciate you staying with us again!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is my second night in three days here at the Quality Inn Winslow. The first night Danica saved the day for me, otherwise I might have been sleeping under the bridge. That kind of
service was enough to bring me back again tonight. Hallways are a little dingy but the rooms
are really okay with a comfortable bed and good refrigerator.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
standingonthecorner, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Winslow, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us here at TripAdvisor, and the entire team here at Quality Inn Winslow thanks you for being a returning guest with us!

Customer service is very important to us here, and receiving comments such as yours shows us we are on the right track. As well, we appreciate your feedback on areas where we can potentially improve, and will look into these more in-depth.

Once again, on behalf of our entire team, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Devin Singh