“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Winslow

Motel 6 Winslow
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
A TripAdvisor Member
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2003

Was traveling through Arizona and needed a place to stay for the night (and wanted to stand on the corner and take it easy!). Arrived late and stayed at the first place I saw, plus it was located near a couple other motels and some fast food places. The room rate was very, very cheap ($35.00/night for one person), so I guess you get what you pay for. The room I was in had a funny odor, but I think that it was the cleaning solution they used (at least I hope that's what I hope that it was!). At least the room was in an inside corridor, which made me feel a little safer, but there were definetly no perks for that price - not even complimentary shampoo and soap! The room I was in had burn holes and stains on the entire carpet, so I was afraid to walk around in my barefeet. The bed seemed O.K., and I even checked under the mattress to look for the dreaded bedbug. Slept fine and checked out the next morning. That's when I got a good look at the town itself, and noticed that it's a pretty run down town, so it's no surprise that the motel was run down too. If I was in the area again I would try to stay at the Best Western located right next to the Motel 6, even if I have to pay a little more. But then again, it could be just as bad for all I know.
Actually, I would never stay in this town again - I'd just go stand on the corner and get out of there!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)