“Fit in my budget”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winslow
Americas Best Value Inn - Winslow
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
“Fit in my budget”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I was visiting my family in Winslow and needed a place to stay for three days in my budget. This hotel gave me a fantastic deal so I tried this place for the first time. I got great service and a good clean room. The only complaint I have is that I had to go to the front desk to buy detergent to use in the guest laundry.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The owner is great,very clean rooms! I stay at about 30 different hotels a year.Indoor pool and hot tub,hot breakfast 6-9am all for $55.00 out the door.I had to pay $65.00 the night before with no comparison

Room Tip: Allways check the room before excepting!Check the shower,I've had rooms where they realy didn...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Riverbank, California
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Booked reservations early, but I accidentally booker fro 1 person instead of 2. Sent an e-mail to ABVI and my problem was fixed immediately. But for the room itself. The cost was cheap, but the quality was not. Clean, comfortable room, good night's sleep, and a shower head that was made for adults, not children. I am 6' 1" and I ws able to stand under the shower head. Breakfast was excellent. I would stay here again if I ever happen to be in Winslow again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I travel back and forth from Flagstaff to Winslow for my work. I decided not to drive back to Flagstaff because of bad road conditions and I looked around town for some inexpensive motels to stay at. I found this place and decided to take a chance here because the price was so reasonable. I stayed in room 104 and the room was very clean. The bathroom was a little small but the shower flow was good. Breakfast was excellent. It exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed December 2011
N. Ridgeville, OH
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stopped here on our way from Ohio to Phoenix, AZ, following much of RT. 66. We had never stayed at a Best Valu Inn. The Best Valu was spotless, new and very reasonable. Lovely lobby and great breakfast,nicer than many breakfasts with sausage, waffles and the usual cereals, etc. The sausage was a nice addition to breakfast. They had a lovely indoor pool which, unfortunately we did not have time to use. The owner/manager was very friendly and accommodating. He even made sure the waffle batter did not sit out too long and get thin! He kept bringing out new cups as needed! Great night's sleep and will look for more Americas Best Values as we travel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Arcata, California
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Having generally had good luck with Americas Best Value Inn locations, my wife and I stopped here around 11pm on a snowy night during the off-season, and we were all-around impressed with the quality of the room and the friendliness of the service for the budget price--only a few bucks more than the sketchy-looking roadside places.

The fellow behind the counter had a bit of an accent, but was friendly and very accommodating, unlike a lot of places that seem to have surly or disinterested night staff. Even the cleaning lady the next morning was genuinely friendly, which really impressed my wife.

The hotel is on the newer side and seemed to be in pretty good shape on the outside. Indoor corridors were appreciated given the chilly weather (probably good in summer heat, too), and there's an indoor pool and hot tub (which looked very clean and steaming hot, though we didn't try either).

The room was spotless and felt higher-class than the price (and rural Interstate location) had me expecting. Not wildly fancy, but modern and properly equipped for a short-stay place. King size bed with LOTS of nice, puffy pillows, which I really appreciate since I need to get several pillows under me to get at an appropriate angle. (Aside: The sink had a weird faucet knob type I haven't seen before, but that's not unusual--what is it with hotels and exotic faucets?)

Topnotch Wifi HIGHLY appreciated: Free, easy to connect, strong signal, and probably the fastest I've ever used at a hotel (geek specs: 30ms latency, 3Mbit down, 1.5Mbit(!) up). Amazing how even in the middle of a big city hotels usually have crummy, dog-slow internet, and the fancy places even make you pay extra on top of your $200 room, yet in rural Arizona you get a solid, fast connection.

In addition to a coffee maker and tea in the room, there was a decent basic-class breakfast--pancakes, sausages, cereal, toast, and donuts. Looked like there would also be a DIY waffle iron for the season when there were more guests to be using it--my wife absolutely loves those.

The only thing I could find to complain about would be a lack of functioning vending machines, which may have been due to the season. There was a coin washer/dryer available, though.

This place is in the running for the nicest place I've ever stayed for around fifty bucks. I don't travel through the area much, but this is one of those places where I make a mental note to stay at again if the opportunity arises--recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Evanston
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stopped here as we were headed to Petrified Forest. The price was reasonable and there was breakfast as well; and with 2 kids that was great for us. The kids especially loved the pool too. It was a great way for me to relax and them to have fun. I saw a few reviews on Trip Advisor beforehand that made me slightly nervous, but it was the only place in Winslow that had both a breakfast and indoor pool. I, personally, didn't have any issues with the staff and they made sure that we had a nice stay. The gentleman who checked us in answered so many of our questions about the area, Petrified Forest and other scenic places we hadn't thought of. He was very nice to provide all that information. The room had convenient ammenities, a coffee maker and hairdryer, which I liked. I would stay here again if I'm passing through Winslow, AZ.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family