“Quiet and Nice”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winslow
Americas Best Value Inn - Winslow
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Every hotel was full in Flagstaff and we had been driving 13hours. Also , most of hotels in Winslowwere full. We were lucky this place was very quiet, clean and nice. We slept very well. For breakfast we had suasage and waffles. We enjoyed the pol in morning. We will stay here again definetly.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd are very good for view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The room was fairly clean but the property was not kept up very well. Beds were so uncomfortable we slept upside down just to not notice the slant in the mattress. The pillows were worn down. For a few dollars more we could have had A MUCH BETTER night. I would not recommend this location unless it's an absolute last resort!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Winona C
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The staff was very kind and woke-up to check us in at 12:30pm after 15 hours on the road. Room was clean, though a bit tired, but after a grueling long day the air conditioning and great shower were a welcome sight. Continental breakfast could have had healthier options and the indoor pool looked nice, though we didn't get to use. This would not be my "destination hotel" but they sure saved us and made us feel welcome when Flagstaff was sold out (52 miles east of Flagstaff).

Room Tip: Long stairway to second floor, no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jill M
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We are another unfortunate couple who failed to accomplish the fiendishly difficult task of actually staying at the Americas Best Value Inn Winslow.Think Fawlty Towers think are we on Candid Camera/You've Been Framed ? My wife who was driving had picked up a nasty flu virus the night before in Gallup so was glad we had a short drive that day.We had already booked in advance through a travel site, so I duly trooped into reception rang the bell and presented my voucher to the manager . No 'hello' or 'welcome', just "visa card". I said we had already paid and was informed the visa card was for any damages we might cause, that was fair enough so off I went to the car to get my wife's visa card. Back at reception I handed it over the desk . Bad move, my hand had encroached 4 inches over the lip of the desk, "can't you read" he barked and pointed angrily to his sign that read 'do not put you hand over the counter'. I said there's no need to be so rude I was only giving you my card he replied "whats wrong with you cant you read signs". I decided to get my wife maybe she could negotiate the minefield of checking in. I told him he needed to learn some manners. By the time my wife and I had come back in he had produced his phone to take pictures of us and was also recording the conversation whilst he called the police. Surely now the host of You've Been Framed/Candid Camera would jump out, pointing out all the hidden cameras and having a good laugh at us, but no! A good old slanging match ensued, while we waited for the police to come, clap us in irons ready for a stint with the nearest chain gang for attempting to check into a hotel. After 10 mins of waiting under film and audio surveillance courtesy of the manager we got bored and left .We got back in the car and both burst out laughing it had been probably the most surreal half hour of our 3 month trip to the USA my wife's flu virus seemed to clear up as we laughed our way down the motorway even laughing when we ran out of petrol half an hour later on the motorway.Please don't encourage this man to think he can run a hotel by staying here. Americas Best Value should shut him down. He must be the worst hotel manager ever ! Just be thankful he doesn't have a stun gun behind reception to help him deal with all us pesky customers trying to check in.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lainey61
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed for an overnight on our trip home. The room and public spaces were clean nut everything had a worn feel to it. The pillows should have been retired long ago, the paint on the walls around the pool was worm down, and the decor looked like something put in a kitschy 1990s living room on a failed attempt for a homey feeling. I did appreciate the,high shower heads and good water pressure. Functional though certainly,not luxurious.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Clean, safe, quiet place to stay but generally speaking it has seen better days and needs updating. It was perhaps a little pricey for the quality (forget about breakfast, it's was cheap crap to be honest) but hey, where else you gonna go in Winslow Arizona?!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The woman who checked us in was friendly but seemed a little confused about the coupon from one of those motel magazines . It took a bit longer than normal to be checked into what looked like quite an empty motel . The room was big and clean . Nice thick towels . We had a very good sleep . The pool looked good , it was indoor , but we were cold from being outside . Check out was quick and friendly . If there ever was a reason to stay in Winslow again I wouldn't hesitate to return here .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family