“Don't Stay Here If You Have Pets”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winslow
Americas Best Value Inn - Winslow
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Don't Stay Here If You Have Pets”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

As a warning to everyone, this is not a pet friendly hotel. Although the hotel advertises that it allows pets, you are not allowed to leave your pet in your room while you are gone under penalty of a $100 fine. The fine did not happen to us but we were refused service because when we were checking in, the our cat, which was in the cat carrier, was meowing. The hotel also has a rule against dogs- and obviously cats- that make noise. Anyone who has a pet knows that occasionally pets make noise, especially when we they are moving. The manager, whom I can only describe as an officious jerk ---see comments below about lack of hospitality and his rule about reaching across the check-in desk counter--- just summarily decided that the cat was too loud and refused us service despite us trying to tell him that the meowing was just because the cat was in a cage and begin moved around. So if you have pets and are trying to check in to this hotel, don't bring them anywhere where the manager will see them. And if you are traveling west, take the extra hour and go to Flagstaff, it is much nicer and greener than Winslow.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Andrew W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Every hotel was full in Flagstaff and we had been driving 13hours. Also , most of hotels in Winslowwere full. We were lucky this place was very quiet, clean and nice. We slept very well. For breakfast we had suasage and waffles. We enjoyed the pol in morning. We will stay here again definetly.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd are very good for view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The room was fairly clean but the property was not kept up very well. Beds were so uncomfortable we slept upside down just to not notice the slant in the mattress. The pillows were worn down. For a few dollars more we could have had A MUCH BETTER night. I would not recommend this location unless it's an absolute last resort!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Winona C
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The staff was very kind and woke-up to check us in at 12:30pm after 15 hours on the road. Room was clean, though a bit tired, but after a grueling long day the air conditioning and great shower were a welcome sight. Continental breakfast could have had healthier options and the indoor pool looked nice, though we didn't get to use. This would not be my "destination hotel" but they sure saved us and made us feel welcome when Flagstaff was sold out (52 miles east of Flagstaff).

Room Tip: Long stairway to second floor, no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jill M
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We are another unfortunate couple who failed to accomplish the fiendishly difficult task of actually staying at the Americas Best Value Inn Winslow.Think Fawlty Towers think are we on Candid Camera/You've Been Framed ? My wife who was driving had picked up a nasty flu virus the night before in Gallup so was glad we had a short drive that day.We had already booked in advance through a travel site, so I duly trooped into reception rang the bell and presented my voucher to the manager . No 'hello' or 'welcome', just "visa card". I said we had already paid and was informed the visa card was for any damages we might cause, that was fair enough so off I went to the car to get my wife's visa card. Back at reception I handed it over the desk . Bad move, my hand had encroached 4 inches over the lip of the desk, "can't you read" he barked and pointed angrily to his sign that read 'do not put you hand over the counter'. I said there's no need to be so rude I was only giving you my card he replied "whats wrong with you cant you read signs". I decided to get my wife maybe she could negotiate the minefield of checking in. I told him he needed to learn some manners. By the time my wife and I had come back in he had produced his phone to take pictures of us and was also recording the conversation whilst he called the police. Surely now the host of You've Been Framed/Candid Camera would jump out, pointing out all the hidden cameras and having a good laugh at us, but no! A good old slanging match ensued, while we waited for the police to come, clap us in irons ready for a stint with the nearest chain gang for attempting to check into a hotel. After 10 mins of waiting under film and audio surveillance courtesy of the manager we got bored and left .We got back in the car and both burst out laughing it had been probably the most surreal half hour of our 3 month trip to the USA my wife's flu virus seemed to clear up as we laughed our way down the motorway even laughing when we ran out of petrol half an hour later on the motorway.Please don't encourage this man to think he can run a hotel by staying here. Americas Best Value should shut him down. He must be the worst hotel manager ever ! Just be thankful he doesn't have a stun gun behind reception to help him deal with all us pesky customers trying to check in.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lainey61

Travellers are raving about these Winslow hotels

Wauconda, Illinois
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed for an overnight on our trip home. The room and public spaces were clean nut everything had a worn feel to it. The pillows should have been retired long ago, the paint on the walls around the pool was worm down, and the decor looked like something put in a kitschy 1990s living room on a failed attempt for a homey feeling. I did appreciate the,high shower heads and good water pressure. Functional though certainly,not luxurious.

• Stayed June 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Clean, safe, quiet place to stay but generally speaking it has seen better days and needs updating. It was perhaps a little pricey for the quality (forget about breakfast, it's was cheap crap to be honest) but hey, where else you gonna go in Winslow Arizona?!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family