“Now an Econolodge! ”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winslow
Americas Best Value Inn - Winslow
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Now an Econolodge! ”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Booked through Booking.com with payment to "ABV" motel on arrival. Price was as expected even though it is no longer ABV. Problem finding the hotel (especially in the dark) as it had recently become Econolodge. Large room (108) with comfortable king bed. Twelve (12!!!) outlets conveniently placed ~4 ft off the floor means no furniture moving to plug in laptops, phones, etc. CRT TV in room / flat screen in lobby. After the fact, we read TripAdvisor reviews - ouch. We had no problems but we don't (yet) require handicap or travel with pets. Adequate breakfast. Convenient to I-40. We would stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vernelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
boise
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Did stay a night, room was big, clean and quiet. Slept very well. Front desk was very helpful to find a restaurant. I enjoyed fresh waffle in the breakfast. Enjoyed pool and spa. It was very good.I will stay here again when go to Grand canyon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank joe l
Ione, CA
Reviewed 30 October 2013

On 110/29/2013 I booked a one night stay for 2 adults and 2 children. We arrived at the hotel at 8:40 PM and I went inside to check in. I informed the man at the desk that I had two children in wheelchairs, just like I do every time check into a hotel. He then told me that we could not have a room with two beds, which is what I reserved, but I would have to take the one handicapped room which only had one bed and then pay for another room for my husband and son to sleep in. I asked him, just to make sure I was hearing him correctly, "So you are telling me that because our children are in wheelchairs that we can not have a room with two beds and I would have to pay for a second room?" He said yes and I that I needed to cancel our reservation and find another hotel. I was shocked, we are frequent travelers and we have never been in this situation before. I went outside to tell my husband what the man told me so my husband went inside to talk to him. The man told my husband that it was against the hotel's policy to have two wheelchairs in one room. (When we made our reservations I never saw anything in your policy about that, by the way.) My husband then said that he thinks that might be a violation of the ADA law and that is when the man at the desk became upset and confrontational so we left. We returned about 10 minutes later to make sure we were going to get a refund and when the man behind the desk saw us he immediately said "I will not talk to you" and ran into another room. I said "we just want to make sure we get a refund" and eventually he came back out and said "You will not stay in this hotel", told me to call Travelocity for the refund and my husband told the man that this is not over, we will pursue this further. As we preceded to leave he followed us out to our vehicle and began screaming obscenities and making graphic sexual remarks and gesturing to his genitalia while we were driving away, all in front of our children. This man should not be in a service related job. We should not be discriminated against because we have children in wheelchairs and we are looking into the ADA laws and will pursue this. Also, my children have a rare terminal illness and shame on this man for treating my kids this way...we are on, what might be one of our last family trips and he treated us and more importantly our kids like dirt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
16 Thank Alicia B

Travellers are raving about these Winslow hotels

Vacaville, California
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Do NOT plan to stay at this Americas Best Value Inn in Winslow, AZ, if you have family members in wheelchairs. They tried to force a family with two children in wheelchairs to stay in separate rooms, stating that their policy is to not have more than one wheelchair per room. Their "unwritten" policy is against ADA and they are presently being investigated...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank 66Traveler84
California
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We are another couple that was REFUSED SERVICE at this hotel, despite the fact that we had reserved in advance. Vic, who wouldn't give us his last name when we asked, must hate customers who dare question ANYTHING. We had reserved a queen room, knowing it was not ADA accessible. When my husband asked at the counter (which has a large sign saying "We Reserve The Right To Deny Service To Anyone") if the hotel might have an ADA room with a queen or king, that's when Vic erupted and said my husband might slip and fall in the reserved queen room, since he was using a cane, and then refused to give us any room. Now of course any customer might fall in any room, but by that time Vic was just busy showing us the counter sign, and the door. We had to find another hotel in a city we'd never been in before, at night. Our advice: only stay here if your only other option is jail.
UPDATE: in our 10 day trip we stayed at three or four other America's Best Value Inns, with lovely service.
UPDATE #2: America's Best refunded us the difference between our ABVI reserved rate and where we stayed that night. They also sent us a hotel voucher for our troubles. Thank you for that.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Darlene A
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

rooms clean, indoor pool is nice, staff is nice. a good value for the money. hot b'fast is always sausage and self-cooked waffles, coffee, cereal etc. I lived here for 2 mo.s to work a local contract. right on route 66.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

So we have 4 Australian's doing the first leg of their Road Trip driving from LA to New York in 2 weeks. Coming back from the Grand Canyon, with the little reception we have left, we look up Trip Advisor for a place to spend the night in Winslow.

We read all the reviews and decide to give Americas Best Inn a go. It was comfortably in our price range $62 per room per night and there were rooms available when we needed to check in at midnight after an exhaughsting drive. We thought there are worse things then an angry owner that was described in the other reviews.

The reception was fantastic. Vic greeted us in the middle of the night when we rang the bell. He asked us where we had heard about this inn and when he heard Trip Advisor he was really surprised! Telling us how brave we were for coming here despite all the bad reviews on the site. He took everything with a smile and laugh and was incredibly helpful.

Each room came with a surprisingly wide queen bed. Our room also has a fold out couch, heaps of floor space, desk and coffee machine. Sheets were clean and light for the hot weather going on at the moment. Best thing about the place though is the pool and spa. It's almost like a green house creating a relaxing humid atmosphere, even at 8 in the morning. The pool was clean and cool and the spa was hot and comfortable.

There were no additional charges and even received a complimentary breakfast (your choice of cereals inc. frosty flakes, oats, toast, sausages, waffles and doughnuts.

Great stay, Kudos to Vic the owner, the stay here got us ready for the 8 hour drive ahead of us.

• Stayed August 2013