“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
Provost, Canada
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This was an easy place to stay..,,the rooms were nice, especially the beds. I've been to more expensive places and the beds weren't as nice. I will stay here on my way back from california. There was also a good chinese restaurant across the street.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
GA
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stay here every year for volunteer work. Finally, new mattresses!!!! We are so much happier now with the new mattresses. The new management is trying to improve the motel, it is evident. The motel staff is professional and very cooperative. The double rooms are the ones with the new mattresses. Still needs new carpet and a linen update but I am encouraged that all of this is being worked on. Bathrooms were cleaner. Price is good and so is location.

Room Tip: We like to get a room on the opposite side of the parking lot, downstairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Upon arrival, went inside to check in. No one at the desk but a sign saying "pick up the phone and dial 'O' for assistance". Office was a complete and total mess. Breakfast area looked clean from where I was, but I didn't go in. Got my room key, opened the door and thought I stepped back in time. Furniture was old and scratched, bed was made with mis-matched sheets and pillow cases, the showerhead was coming off the wall in the bathroom. Bathtub needed a good bleaching. TV worked but reception was fuzzy. One tiny bar of soap for two adults for two days. Went out the next morning and was out all day. Came back to the room, and absolutely NO housekeeping done. Bed still unmade, trash still in the trashcans. Went to breakfast area to get a soda and machine was empty. A sign on the machine said bottled water was available at the desk. When I asked, I was told they were out. Breakfast in the morning amounted to a few pieces of bread, some mini-donuts and two kinds of dry cereal. We ate at McDonald's. Interior and exterior maintenance desperately needs doing. One desk clerk - a man who's name I didn't catch - was very pleasant and helpful and was trying hard to please.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Winslow hotels

Payson, Arizona
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This could be a decent place with a good location that is away from the interstate and the train tracks. But it has serious maintenance issues that make it a poor choice. The refrigerator in the first room I was assigned smelled like something had died in it, and the smell permeated the room. The desk clerk was very helpful and moved me to another room, but the air conditioner didn't work in that one. Rather than risk another move, I opened the window and waited for things to cool down in the evening. The carpet and furniture in both rooms was old and stained. The breakfast is ok if you can get by on cereal and coffee. Overall I wouldn't recommend the Rodeway.

Room Tip: Check your room before you move in to make sure everything works.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank stilltraveling65
Winslow
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Traveling on a budget takes imagination and research. I am grateful my research lead to this Rodeway Inn in Winslow, AZ. The staff were freindly and helpful, even when the weary traveler I was asked the same question more than once. Thanks! Bed was a little harder than I am use to but the pillows were great. Bathroom was clean though the shower curtain was stained a bit much. Water pressure was excellent and I had a great shower! Wi-Fi worked great!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many places for 32 dollars, but do not get this many ammenities. I really liked that they had new beds. One of the best nights sleep I've had on the road. I also got a free breakfast. What an amazing deal. Will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This hotel was not good at all!!! When we first arrived the office was cluttered with papers everywhere. Looked dirty and they looked unorganized. Bad night sleep. There was a group of people who were staying there and kept slamming the doors at all hours of the night and they were yelling and fighting outside at all hours through the night. The manager did not even tell them anything. So we did not get to sleep at all. There was no blow dryer so I had wet hair throughout the day. The blankets were dirty and the pillows also had stains. The furniture was old. The table had scratches on it and the chairs had stains on it. The room decor was old. The walls in the restroom were dirty. The air conditioner/heater cover fell on my brother when he was sitting at the table. The breakfast was horrible! 2 kinds of cereal and a loaf of white & wheat bread were offered along with small donuts. They had no elevator so bringing our luggage up and down was horrible!! I could not log into the wifi so I called the front desk, that was no help. I finally tried it again and it worked, they gave us the wrong password.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family