All reviewsroom was cleancomfortable reclinerwifi worked greatbottom floorbudget hoteleasy accessfree breakfasttrain noiseone night staydentsfreewayrefrigeratorgalupgradesdryer
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is a conventional road trip motel off the 40 freeway at the west end of route 66 in Winslow. The rooms have very basic furnishings, dated bedding, a TV and mini fridge. There is some vending in the lobby. I thought the bath sink could have been cleaner and that the toilet module could have been of better quality.Though the parking area is large enough for several trailers, the location itself is unattractive. There is a small starter breakfast served in the morning, but it's certainly nothing to wait around for. This motel serves best budget travelers for quick overnight stays, particularly singles. Winslow's geographic location near many natural and recreational sites makes this a good location for a multi-day stay but be mindful of the comfort level you will be returning to at the end of your day trip. Downtown is about 2 miles west but if there's not a big tourist event going on, shops and restaurants tend to close early. There's a Safeway, WalMart, and some fast food at Winslow's middle freeway exit. La Posada is a nearby restored hotel restaurant with historic status.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Checking in was fast and pretty easy. I was placed on the second floor. Walking up the stairwell, I noticed a pretty large collection of boogers on the wall. As I'm unpacking my belongings, I notice another assortment of mucous membranes on the wall. Then, as I look out my dirty window, something caught my eye. On the ceiling, what I thought I saw was the Virgin Mary..which was really a collaboration of bloody boogers. Someone picked a winner and it wasn't me. I went to the front desk, to ask for a tape and a piece of paper to put over the bloody mess, but they didn't have tape.. (??) They did offer to switch my room, but I opted out. I asked the front desk clerk to have the housemaids clean the nasal atrosity in the am.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank happyfeet86401
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This was an easy place to stay..,,the rooms were nice, especially the beds. I've been to more expensive places and the beds weren't as nice. I will stay here on my way back from california. There was also a good chinese restaurant across the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stay here every year for volunteer work. Finally, new mattresses!!!! We are so much happier now with the new mattresses. The new management is trying to improve the motel, it is evident. The motel staff is professional and very cooperative. The double rooms are the ones with the new mattresses. Still needs new carpet and a linen update but I am encouraged that all of this is being worked on. Bathrooms were cleaner. Price is good and so is location.

Room Tip: We like to get a room on the opposite side of the parking lot, downstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Upon arrival, went inside to check in. No one at the desk but a sign saying "pick up the phone and dial 'O' for assistance". Office was a complete and total mess. Breakfast area looked clean from where I was, but I didn't go in. Got my room key, opened the door and thought I stepped back in time. Furniture was old and scratched, bed was made with mis-matched sheets and pillow cases, the showerhead was coming off the wall in the bathroom. Bathtub needed a good bleaching. TV worked but reception was fuzzy. One tiny bar of soap for two adults for two days. Went out the next morning and was out all day. Came back to the room, and absolutely NO housekeeping done. Bed still unmade, trash still in the trashcans. Went to breakfast area to get a soda and machine was empty. A sign on the machine said bottled water was available at the desk. When I asked, I was told they were out. Breakfast in the morning amounted to a few pieces of bread, some mini-donuts and two kinds of dry cereal. We ate at McDonald's. Interior and exterior maintenance desperately needs doing. One desk clerk - a man who's name I didn't catch - was very pleasant and helpful and was trying hard to please.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends