“Your average motel but a exceptionally clean motel 6” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Phoenix Sun City - Youngtown

Motel 6 Phoenix Sun City - Youngtown
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Youngtown
Palmer, Alaska
“Your average motel but a exceptionally clean motel 6”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

So I stayed here for a nice the denny's next door was excellent the manager was very nice there. The room seemed clean there was a ash tray in the non smoking room??? I don't understand that. The corner of the room smelled of a kitty liter box not badly but it was there. The pool was cold but it was winter so what do you expect. ( i didn't use it hehe) the trains didn't bother me while I slept although I did hear them. ( but I'll sleep threw a nuclear bomb going off honestly haha..deep sleeper) bed was decently comfortable. Tv worked channels were decent..could be a bit bigger of a screen but what do you expect for 55 dollars a night. I would go there again. The thing that annoyed me the most of this place as with most cheap hotels is the wifi u pay for it yet it can't even buffer YouTube or Netflix that tics me off! But it's whatever it still works to check email or write a review. Don't think you can download a app though or anything it would take years..same with streaming videos.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Phoenix Sun City - Youngtown, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear opmmotorsports,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the front desk & noise issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

So I am NOT a Motel 6 kind of girl, but because I needed a motel close to a party I was attending (so there would be no drinking and driving) I needed a cheap place as I knew I wouldn't be in the room for more than a few hours. $50.00 at Motel 6 or $99.00 at the Best Western down the way? I chose Motel 6...and cringed all the way up to the room. And guess what? The room was fine. Outdated.. but what do you expect for $50.00 a night? I took the comforter off...as I don't trust that they are washed after each use...or ever..but the sheets were clean as was the room and bathroom.The girl at the front desk was friendly and even called to make sure the room was okay. Oh yeah, train tracks right across the street...so be prepared for a nice little wake up call at anytime!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank OneJeepChick
Manhattan, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I'll try to keep this short...
We were going to stay 2 days but... One bed had a quarter size burn hole in the comforter (in a non smoking room) when it was pulled back it had hairs on the sheets (& not from your head!) & stains on the sheets, & that was on 1 bed! The other had Toenail clippings on the comforter (the beds obviously had not been changed!)! & had an ashtray with a non smoking symbol on it? Oh & we tried to call down to the office & the phone wouldn't work!
Got our money back (with a not to happy or nice employee!) went next door to Best Western, night & day difference!!! Trust me nicer staff, nicer rooms AND a hot breakfast (eggs,bacon & B&G!).

Room Tip: Go next door to Best Western!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Phillip N

Travellers are raving about these Youngtown hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

I get Motel 6 is budget traveling but this property needs some TLC. I have stayed here on multiple occasions but the last two times were probably the worst. One room when the sink turned on water leaked out the bottom pipes soaking the floor. The last time I stayed there everything was ok just very dated hotel

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Nicole J
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Nice motel, friendly staff, clean and basic, like most other Motel 6's, one of the better ones!

There was a notice at the hotel warning people that trains, cars and planes can be heard all night but we did not have any problems, I guess it depends on which room you have. Atmosphere was good. Dennys right next door.

would stay again! 20-30mins drive to downtown Pheonix...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed here over a year ago. No place to walk and relax a dog, but a very nice place. Nice pool. Walk across the street to Speakeasy for an older crowd and cheap drinks. travel a few miles and you have all the newer upscale national eating chains.
Debbie was wonderful and checked me in WAY early when I called and explained my early arrival and having a little dog in the car. Rooms are of the older Motel 6 style.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
San Juan Cosala, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed here because it's close to my partner's parent's home. I thought the room was clean and in good condition. There was a slight cigarette smell in our non smoking room, but not enough to cause a problem. The desk clerk, Juanita, was exceptionally friendly. We'll see you again on our next trip.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dean H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Youngtown
Sun City Inn & Suites
Sun City Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Youngtown
Quality Inn & Suites of the Sun Cities
Windmill Suites in Surprise
Days Inn & Suites Surprise
Comfort Inn & Suites Surprise
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center

Been to Motel 6 Phoenix Sun City - Youngtown? Share your experiences!