All reviewsother guestshorseback ridingexperienced ridersline dancingstage coacharizona desertperfect family vacationskill levellittle piece of paradisemeal timesdesert sceneryspecial thankswagon ridehot tubthe main lodgeping pongperfect hosts
Reviewed 24 April 2011

If you have read previous reports you may have seen our report from last year...we are the family who got stuck in the USA during the Volcanic Ash Cloud in April 2010...and were lucky enough to end up staying at STGR for over 2 weeks.

Before we left last year we booked for 2011 and the kids set a countdown timer on iGoogle to help count the days until our return. Our kids rated our stay at STGR far higher than the previous year in Orlando so I guess we have seen the last of Florida....

I must admit that I was a little nervous as we bumped along the dirt track on the last few miles to the ranch, as the circumstances in 2011 made it an truly unforgettable vacation that was going to be hard to beat. I need not have worried...the minute we got out of the car we were greeted by Opey and Tucks, 2 of the resident dogs, soon to be followed by a warm welcoming hug Carrie and we knew we had come "home".

As always the food was fabulous (thanks Tony and Vicky) and we were really pleased to be reunited with wrangler Dwayne who led us on many rides in 2010. Dwayne took a lot of time to help the kids improve their riding and even took us all on a lunch ride into the mountains which was awesome (especially the never-ending lope!)

It was great to see wrangler Craig again and meet a new wrangler, Jesse. And we were thrilled to be reunited with many other guests we met in 2010 - a big hello to Peter, Sue, Geoff, Julie, Ethan, Nicole, Kathy, Salina, Tony, Joanne, Henry, Gloria, Heather and little Evan.

We also met some great new friends - hello Lee, Karen, Ronnie, Billy, Andy, Manya, Danielle and Tasha - we hope to see you all at the ranch again some day!

It was great to be back in a place where there are no locks on the doors and where the kids have the freedom to play in the lodge or visit the goats without constant parental supervision.

If you are looking for a relaxing yet adventurous break away from the crowds, in a place that feels like home (but with better food, a hot-tub and great horseback riding!) then this is the place for you. We cannot recommend it highly enough and our kids would never have spoken to us again if we hadn't booked for 2012 before we left! We are already counting the days...!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ClaireG42
Reviewed 18 April 2011

As an Army wife with a deployed husband I started looking around for a place that I would feel comfortable traveling to alone for me to relax and reset before I saw my husband on R&R. I found stagecoach ranch online, and after reading reviews decided to give them a shot.
From the time you call to book you are treated like family. I arrived after flying to Vegas and renting a car, and it was love at first sight. I must admit I was at first worried about it being a hokey "dude" ranch, but all apprehensions were dismissed upon arrival. As a relatively experienced rider, I was more than pleased with the quality of horses, pace of rides, and experience of the wranglers.
And then the food!!! Tony and his wife Vicki work very hard to deliver 3 fantastic meals a day. I was never disappointed, and you can choose whatever portions you like due to the buffet style ( I couldnt resist seconds!) I made friends immediately, never having to eat or hang out alone unless I wanted too.
I loved the ranch so much that my husband came in from Iraq and I took him down there for 5 days. He loved it as much as I did!! I should also mention that the military discount is incredible. The owners, Carrie and Dan, were very patriotic, and made sure that we felt extra special while we were there.
Bring yourself, bring a friend, bring your family, just make sure to make a reservation early as they are a small ranch promising a very catered to experience that you will not receive anywhere else!!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank FullThrottle23
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We enjoyed every minute we spent on the ranch, from the gorgeous scenery, the horse rides, delicious food to the super-friendly owner family and staff who go out of their way to please you.
The setting is perfect. The ranch is secluded and surrounded by miles of trails with great views of mountain ranges. We flew into Las Vegas and drove there. It took only 2h30.
The 2 daily rides were extremely well organized and the wranglers were very friendly. They take small groups out walking, trotting or loping.
Three delicious home-cooked meals are served daily buffet-style. It's a great time to mingle with the wranglers and other families. Our 2 daughters made friends with other kids right away and ended up eating their meals at the "kids table". Bring your own beer or wine as alcohol is not sold on the ranch.
When not riding we went to the pool & hot tub to relax or shot some pool in the lounge. Our kids loved karaoke and game nights.
Many guest were returning, some come twice a year.
The hardest part was leaving the place where we had so much fun and made so many friends. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank travel2dive
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Ever had a perfect vacation? I just did. I was paired up with a fabulous horse the whole time. (I won't tell you his name since I want to save him for the next time I go to the ranch.) And the riding is splendid -- plenty of loping if you're experienced -- and instead of being stuck at the dusty end of a line of 20 horses, I went out on rides with as few as 3 people (including the wrangler). Beginners had a good time too! Everyone at the ranch is super nice, and it's a great place to relax. Down to earth and just like home. I can't say enough good things about Stagecoach Trails. I'm recommending it to all my friends!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 1Englishteacher
Reviewed 28 February 2011

i had to travel alone due to my friend not getting the time off after the plans were made. the ranch made me feel like family, being alone was not a problem,the grest were very friendly,the staff was priceless,the wranglers were fantastic,the food was heaven,my room was very clean & very nice.the place was so relaxing & so accomodating you could not help but feel like family.i spent four days there & wished it was more.i enjoyed the the riding & had a blast on my quad ride. the memories that was made there are priceless.i visted lk.havasu & oatmen had a great time at both places, if you have children i would vist oatmen fosure i so enjoyed this vist. i will come back , this would be a great place for our girl trip . thanks to everyone there ,& my new friends i made in my short stay.a special thanks to shadow my home away from home friend .sincerly kelly

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo