“Another week in paradise.”

Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

As you may guess from the title, we have visited Stagecoach Trails many times and we love it. If you want to get away from email, tv and internet, enjoy the desert on horseback and meet lovely people this is the way to do it. (All are available if you really need/want it - we enjoy the complete break.) Carrie, Dan and family work so hard to make sure their guests have a great time in a relaxed and family friendly environment; the wranglers ensure the horses are fit and well and that you'll have the right ride for your ability. And, at the end of the day the hot tub is the best place to soak!

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank amh2709

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Three days at STGR was not enough, however my backside might beg to differ. I am already looking forward to my next trip out here. We arrived slightly later than planned and almost missed out on our first ride, but called the ranch and they held horses and a guide for us. Tex, our first guide, was very informative on the area and the history of not only the desert but also of many ranches. The sunset that evening was postcard perfect and seeing it from the back of the horse with no one around for miles was amazing. The meals at the ranch were filling and the buffet style ensured everyone had the right amount. I really enjoyed how relaxed the ranch was, it felt like being at a friends or relatives house. The rides were amazing we had a great group of other guests that were also up for a little speed and enjoyed trotting and loping in the river washes. I was able to ride five different horses and all of them had a personality and were extremely well cared for. The ranch should pride themselves on their horses and for the safety they take to make sure everyone has a great time out there. Thank you again to all the staff at STGR and especially Tex for making it such a great experience for us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Megan B
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I went on this trip not sure of what to find, as being a desert I assumed it would be uncomfortably hot. I travelled in October, weather was a mixture of cold/overcast/and hot - but this didn't deter from a very happy 5 days of riding and swimming. Scenery was lovely, the sunrises and sunsets gorgeous.
Being a lone traveller I enjoy meeting new people and this was no exception, a group of Special Needs travellers were there from Minnesota and we had such a good time with them. I also met other travellers who along with the staff at the ranch made my stay very enjoyable and problem free. The food each day was amazing, and my room was comfortable with my rocking chair outside for me to sit and enjoy a drink before dinner. After a dusty ride each morning and afternoon, the pool was welcome (even though cold, which you get used to).
My horse Starbuck was a lovely ride, and even though the Federal shutdown had taken away some of the trails, the wranglers (Tex was ours) managed to make our rides each day enjoyable.
I enjoyed this ranch so much, I have already talked a friend of mine into going back with me next year, as I know she will enjoy the experience as much as I did this year. Definitely a must do place to go if you are in the vicinity of Las Vegas, only a 2 and 3/4 hour drive, which is nothing on the roads of USA.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank peddie_fran
Reviewed 4 November 2013

four canadian women visiting at the end of october found stagecoach trails an amazing vacation- you come as guests you leave as family- thank you to carrie and dan for running a beautiful ranch with staff who make sure your stay is special- from bob the cook to craig, tex and all the lovely people behind the scenes- each having their own talents in helping make our stay lovely- try it you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2013

i cannot say enough about my recent trip with 3 of my best pals from childhood to celebrate a big birthday for all of us. it is so far away from work, phones, car noise, airplane noise, people noise, the silence pairs up so exquisitely with the sunrise, sunsets, moon-rise of the harvest moon, and shooting stars, distant mountains. and then there is the staff, the horses, the accommodation, swinging on a swing with my pals enjoying sunset on the deck with a glass of wine ( bring your own wine or beer in, it is a long long drive to buy some!) . Rooms were clean, quiet , private patios. Dining room was easy, homey, the kind of house/home that i would want to be invited to. This is a perfect escape: book for more than a weekend or you will regret not staying longer! It is a perfect gal-pal destination or family week. this is like summer camp for adults/families. 3 of us had no recent experience on a horse, and we were all loving it and we were well matched with our horses. i learned to line dance!!!!! i learned to like country music! we had a gorgeous last night around a fire, under stars. it was a trip of firsts!!!! and bests!!!!! i wanna be a cowgirl when i grow up.

1  Thank Kelbegran
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This place is as good as everyone says it is. It's not just the picturesque location but the amazing service provided by all the staff at Stagecoach Trails Ranch.

The horseriding is great fun and direction is given for those who haven't done it before by the excellent wranglers. The wranglers are really friendly and very helpful. If you don't know how to take them occasionally you might think they are being a little surly but they are just trying to give you clear direction so you enjoy your riding.

The riding is just a small part of your experience and this is a perfect place to unwind.

If you are heading to this part of the US you literally must spend a few nights here.

We wish we'd stayed for a week.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We can only echo all the excellent comments previously listed in the extensive 5 star reviews on trip advisor. We had an amazing time and hope to return. Thanks to Shelby for being a lovely friend for my 11 year old daughter. If you want a true ranch experience in beautiful surroundings and with all the comforts of home you have to visit. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yucca
Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
#1 of 24 in Lake Havasu City
Havasu Sands All Suite Resort
Havasu Sands All Suite Resort
#11 of 24 in Lake Havasu City

Been to Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!