“Awesome visit! Don't miss this!”

Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My boyfriend bought a groupon for two nights and I'm so happy he did. We just returned and I'm already thinking about going back next year. A fantastic family run operation. Great home cooked meals and twice daily horseback rides based on your comfort level. The guides are really terrific and the horses are very well taken care of. Dan and Carrie, the owners have done a such a good job making their guests feel at home. It's a very relaxing place. Plenty to do. Be prepared to disconnect and really hang out old school style. You absolutely won't regret it. Just remember, it is 15 miles on dirt roads once you're off the highway. If you choose to travel in a "regular" vehicle, that is not a 4 wheel or better, the road is bumpy, but worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Molly P

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We just returned from a visit to STGR. This was our second time there. It is a very unique place. It is a family run operation and they make you feel right at home. The trails are right through the desert and you really feel like you are riding in the middle of an old cowboy movie. They offer rides for all levels of riding ability so everyone can feel comfortable. The food was very good and the rooms are done up in "little boy cowboy", with cowboy type decoration over everything. It it located pretty much in the middle of no where but is incredibly relaxing. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pam717
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My girlfriend and I had a great time here. Cari and Dan, who own the ranch made us feel right at home from day 1! Friendly people, the trail guides ( Tex, Alan and Craig) are fun and personable..The food was great.. We never ate so much!
The surroundings are beautiful.. Arizona desert is spectacular! You can see for miles!
We had such fun that on our day of departure we got as far as the front gate, but we couldn't leave! Called em back up and within about 5 minutes we were back in our cute little room and back to relaxing!

Overall.. Fun trip, great people..
And definitely worth a trip back!
Janis and Nicci

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank OCjanis
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

As you may guess from the title, we have visited Stagecoach Trails many times and we love it. If you want to get away from email, tv and internet, enjoy the desert on horseback and meet lovely people this is the way to do it. (All are available if you really need/want it - we enjoy the complete break.) Carrie, Dan and family work so hard to make sure their guests have a great time in a relaxed and family friendly environment; the wranglers ensure the horses are fit and well and that you'll have the right ride for your ability. And, at the end of the day the hot tub is the best place to soak!

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank amh2709
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Three days at STGR was not enough, however my backside might beg to differ. I am already looking forward to my next trip out here. We arrived slightly later than planned and almost missed out on our first ride, but called the ranch and they held horses and a guide for us. Tex, our first guide, was very informative on the area and the history of not only the desert but also of many ranches. The sunset that evening was postcard perfect and seeing it from the back of the horse with no one around for miles was amazing. The meals at the ranch were filling and the buffet style ensured everyone had the right amount. I really enjoyed how relaxed the ranch was, it felt like being at a friends or relatives house. The rides were amazing we had a great group of other guests that were also up for a little speed and enjoyed trotting and loping in the river washes. I was able to ride five different horses and all of them had a personality and were extremely well cared for. The ranch should pride themselves on their horses and for the safety they take to make sure everyone has a great time out there. Thank you again to all the staff at STGR and especially Tex for making it such a great experience for us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Megan B
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I went on this trip not sure of what to find, as being a desert I assumed it would be uncomfortably hot. I travelled in October, weather was a mixture of cold/overcast/and hot - but this didn't deter from a very happy 5 days of riding and swimming. Scenery was lovely, the sunrises and sunsets gorgeous.
Being a lone traveller I enjoy meeting new people and this was no exception, a group of Special Needs travellers were there from Minnesota and we had such a good time with them. I also met other travellers who along with the staff at the ranch made my stay very enjoyable and problem free. The food each day was amazing, and my room was comfortable with my rocking chair outside for me to sit and enjoy a drink before dinner. After a dusty ride each morning and afternoon, the pool was welcome (even though cold, which you get used to).
My horse Starbuck was a lovely ride, and even though the Federal shutdown had taken away some of the trails, the wranglers (Tex was ours) managed to make our rides each day enjoyable.
I enjoyed this ranch so much, I have already talked a friend of mine into going back with me next year, as I know she will enjoy the experience as much as I did this year. Definitely a must do place to go if you are in the vicinity of Las Vegas, only a 2 and 3/4 hour drive, which is nothing on the roads of USA.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank peddie_fran
Reviewed 4 November 2013

four canadian women visiting at the end of october found stagecoach trails an amazing vacation- you come as guests you leave as family- thank you to carrie and dan for running a beautiful ranch with staff who make sure your stay is special- from bob the cook to craig, tex and all the lovely people behind the scenes- each having their own talents in helping make our stay lovely- try it you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yucca
Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 24 in Lake Havasu City
Hidden Palms Resort & Condominiums
Hidden Palms Resort & Condominiu...
#9 of 24 in Lake Havasu City

Been to Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!