“Unique experience”

Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My mom and I stayed at Stagecoach Trails last month. What a terrific experience we had at this magical, out-of-the-way hacienda. We booked this vacation in order to ride and ride we did! The ranchers are so knowledgeable and friendly. They match you with the best horse based on your riding ability. Ask for Katie, she's pretty rad and tells great stories along the trails.

Our room was clean and comfortable and the home cooked meals were delicious. I'm a vegetarian and they really went above and beyond to accommodate me. It's a bit remote and hard to find after having to drive for at least 30 minutes on some pretty rough dirt roads but once you arrive, you won't be sorry. The beautiful Black mountains are the perfect backdrop for spectacular sunsets. We saw rabbits, quails and even a few coyote puppies on site. We met great people during our stay. It was an experience to remember.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jess_Basi

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a dude ranch that is truly handicap accessible! A Real Live Oasis in the middle of the desert! This place warmed our hearts with it's rustic simplicity And breathtaking views of Arizona. The owners Dan and Carrie were very accommodating. Our cabins were clean and cozy. The food was fantastic. Every meal was a pleasant surprise! Our adult Sons (one of whom is in a wheelchair) had the time of their lives! We all rode horses every morning and evening! We hope to do it again soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed for 4 nights at the end of our holiday and it was a fun and relaxing way to finish. The accommodation was clean and comfortable, the food was freshly cooked and plentiful. We were able to help ourselves to tea,coffee and juice at any time. Carrie and Dan are lovely, friendly people who make you very welcome. The horse riding was super and the wranglers made sure everyone was safe and comfortable with the horses. If you were nervous or felt you'd like to go faster all you had to do was speak to Carrie who would put you on a suitable ride.We weren't experienced riders but we progressed over the four days. On the final day we went on a 3 hour ride into the hills with fantastic views.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gilln27
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I usually wait a few weeks after a trip before I write a review. However, in this case...I could not wait. We just got back a few hours ago. If there were more stars to rate this place I would. We booked this trip via groupon and really not knowing what to expect. We got this deal to surprise my daughter's 10th birthday. She loves horses and what better way to celebrate her decade birthday at a real guest ranch, not just riding a horse at a fair or park.

I'm not one to like dirt, dust or sand. So I had to really get out of my comfort zone so we can celebrate my daughter's birthday this past weekend. FOLLOW directions on the email. Don't use your GPS. We followed it to a tee and didn't get lost! The last 18 miles to get to the ranch were all dirt. (This felt more real that we were going to a ranch!)

When we arrived, we were greeted by Allan who didn't ask us to check in like typical hotel. It was as though he knew we were coming and gave us a tour right away. My kids LOVED this place the minute we got there. After we got settled in our rooms and kids could not wait to get on the horse. The past reviewers were right, we didn't get a key to your room. We felt comfortable and didn't insist. You were part of the family and really it was fine! Afterall, this is a ranch and you are already away from traffic and the hustle & bustle of things. The room has everything you need to stay comfortable. We had the basic stuff that we need, clean towels, AC that works, toilet that flush, water to shower, blowdryer & a bed to sleep.

The 1st afternnoon ride was nice and comfortable. We met Tex who was our guide. He made us feel welcome. It was a walking trail. He was amazing and knew EVERYTHING about each trail and took the time to answer our questions during the ride and even it he had heard the questions from past guests.

After the ride, it was time for dinner. It was sooo delicious! I didn't meet Carrie's brother but I think the chef was her son-in-law. I heard her brother was on vacation. Regardless, it was like you were home. It was so yummy! My kids couldn't get enough. Every meal was great! It really was like you were part of the family.

The next day, we looked forward to the ride again. Carrie was nice to accomondate our request. My daughter wants to go on a loping trail but because my son is only 6, we weren't able to do it unless we split our group. She assigned my husband & daughter to a different guide and kept my son & I with Tex. My daughter came back from the trail and was just ecstatic! She gave me description of her ride and couldn't wait for the afternoon ride again.

That evening, Carrie & her family surprised my daughter with a scoop of ice cream for her birthday and encouraged the rest of the guests to sing happy birthday. WHAT A NICE SURPRISE! This made our trip even more special!

There were enough to do at the ranch even without a wifi or TV in our room. We were able to spend quality time together. My kids & husband can't get enough of the horseshoe game, ladder ball & we had many simple walk to check the horses. We used their pool & hot tub. The pool is not big but remember, it's like you are swimming in your own backyard pool.

My kids were sad to leave the ranch but my husband and I promise them we would come again soon.

We have traveled to 4 and 5 star resorts and what my kids remembered most was this trip. They couldn't stop talking about it and asked multiple times "when are we coming back again?"

Don't expect fancy smachy lodging. Come back to simple living...watch the sunset & get away from the electronics from time to time. This was a well worth trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Ruth W
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at STGR for 3 nights after a crazy 5 days in Las Vegas and it was the perfect contrast. The dirt road leading there (you must use Carrie's directions) were beautiful and the ranch was everything we dreamt of. The accommodation is very comfortable and the food plentiful and wholesome. It was quiet with only 2 other couples and we all got on really well. The horses are clearly well cared for and a complete pleasure to ride. My husband who was a non-rider was out loping with us after one session and he is hooked. All of the guys who work there were great (particular thanks to Tex, Katie, Cody and Al). Carrie And Dan have created a wonderful place for their family and all those people who are lucky enough to share a few days with them.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We arrived here after a day of traveling for the evening meal and entertainment.
A very relaxing way to start our stay.
Having not been on a horse for over 25 years I was a little anxious upon arrival here. The wranglers made it very easy and after just five days here we were all reluctant to leave, Dan & Carrie made us all feel very welcome.
We rode at different times & at different levels and all were enjoyed.
When not riding we all relaxed by the pool, hot tub for some, relaxed on the patio, drank coffee on the courtyard in the early morning and we even went out on quad bikes with Dan along some local tracks & sandy river beds.
We bought wine & beer from Williams while on route and we enjoyed our drinks so much on the patio we headed out for top up supplies a few days later.
Randy cooked our breakfast, lunch and dinner for us which was to a high standard, good American food, although the tasty ribs coated my shirt so I had to change after.
A Relaxing way to spend some time.

Room Tip: I used cycling inner liners for each ride and I would recommend you bring them if you don't ride...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TonyWoodford
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We arrived here not knowing what to expect as there was a lot of staff changes but we shouldn't have worried as Carrie & Dan seem to have found even better staff We arrived a head of our family of 7 who loved ever moment of there stay from riding to relaxing by the pool and games in the evening The food was out of this world always more than enough in a buffet style from ribs to well you name it
The family enjoyed the rides from a slow amble in the dessert to fast lopeing in the washes
The family have now left for San Diageo but we are still here another week of sun food riding & relaxing
By the way this our 14th visit and it gets better every time
Thanks Carrie & Dan and all the staff for making our stay so memorable
We will return

Room Tip: they are all excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank anthonywoodford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yucca
Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
#6 of 24 in Lake Havasu City
Lake Havasu Travelodge
Lake Havasu Travelodge
#2 of 24 in Lake Havasu City

Been to Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!