All reviews other guests horseback riding experienced riders line dancing stage coach arizona desert perfect family vacation skill level little piece of paradise meal times desert scenery special thanks wagon ride hot tub the main lodge ping pong perfect hosts
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I took my hudband to STGR for his birthday. He has always wanted to go to a Dude Ranch. Well he not only enjoyed it but this city girl did as well. Our expectations were met and exceeded. We were treated like family, which rarely happens at a resort. The food was plentiful down home cooking with a flare. The twice daily horseback riding was awesome. Just to be able to decompress was a delight. Thank you JP and Trish for your warmth and hospitality. Tha k you Roberta for your fabulous cooking. Thank yoy Wes a d George for your patience and knowledge about desert horseback riding and roping and bull whip skills. Thank you Angie for great conversation. And thank you Cayden for your amazing guitar playing. We will be back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindaTMK426
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I brought my 11yr old grandson for two days. We slept in the Covered Wagon and had a fabulous time. Owners and employees were friendly and very helpful. Our leader on the two trail rides we went on was perfect for my grandson who started off being nervous but by the end of the second ride just loved it. He made sure we all got horses to match our experience and abilities.
The Covered Wagon lodging was comfortable and a unique experience.
I would definitely come again!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Maggieroe1
Reviewed 17 May 2018

To tell you how fantastic this ranch is would probably take me all week! The biggest thanks to JP, Trish, George, Wes, Katie, the fabulous chef, Wildfire and Pride for making our stay the best ever. If you can’t ride you’ll love this place and if you can ride you’ll love it even more. The trails were fun and informative, you guys know your stuff about local wildlife and history. We had some amazing lopes in the desert washes. I fell in love with Wildfire and will certainly be back to ride her again. All the horses, ponies, foals, steers, burros, goats and the charming Radar the dog are happy and well cared for. The food was great and a big thanks for being able to cater for a gluten intolerant vegetarian! Accommodation is laid out in such a way that you feel your are in your own little house in the middle of the old Wild West. All accommodations are geared up to be accessible to disabled people which is a really thoughtful touch to the ranch. There was a “Make a Wish” family at the ranch for part of our stay and the joy on the children’s faces at riding a pony or swimming in the pool was heartwarming. What I also loved was that we were the only English people there! Everyone else was from various states in America. Evenings were spent sitting round the fire pit with a baby goat on your lap watching a roping display or just shooting the breeze with fellow guests. Don’t forget to get JP to take you to his desert bunker shooting range, what a great couple of hours! All in all one of my best holidays ever. Sad about leaving but happy knowing I will return!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sarra258
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

... is what my wife, our 9 year old son and I keep saying. No lines waiting for rides, all outside fun. We were able to go on trail rides, ATV rides, help take care of the animals or just sit in the pool and much more. The property is very well maintained and the family that runs it are great as are the staff and wranglers. We felt like friends rather than business.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank justen32
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

When I booked the ranch I had doubts that my 12 and 14 year old boys would enjoy it. No video games, no TVs.....Then we got to the ranch and had the best 4 days we could imagine. Great horse rides on amazing horses, ATV rides through the desert, delicious meals and lots of other things to keep us busy. The pool was refreshing after the rides and the kids loved the goats and other animals on the ranch. The best part of all was the people and the hospitality. JP and TRISH are great hosts that actually sit with their guests and make everyone feel right at home. And.. Wes, George and Kate were great wranglers that spent time with the guests and were friendly and funny. Chef Randy and others cooked some great meals that were different every day. We already miss it !!!!

The Simmons Family