“It depends on the way you look at things”

Knights Inn & Suites Yuma
Ranked #32 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
“It depends on the way you look at things”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my 4 kids left too late from Phoenix to go to San Diego so decided to start our journey and stay in Yuma. Three hour drive each day was a good start for the kids excitement. We are on a tight budget since I lost my job so I am a little more humble. We did a drive by to see this hotel. I thought for $55 suite to fit 5 people - it might be sketchy- but to my surprise, it had a better than expected curb appeal. Scott was more than friendly in the lobby. If I had a negative mindset, surely I could come up with many things to complain about. Then again, I would complain at a 5 star hotel too. If you have a positive mindset, you can look past some of the imperfections. This place can use a little updating but it served our purpose. None of the kids complained. The alternative was to drive to hotel in Oceanside and arrive late while paying more than double for a "suite." This place A/C worked great, shower hot, beds ok, smelled ok, TV with movie channels, not too far off freeway. I have an MBA and well travelled in business. If your critical in life and judgmental - this may not be the place for you. You will moan and complain because you would expect perfection at $55 a night. Families with little kids- you have had to deal with a lot worse- This place you can probably handle:)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dgilphx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fullerton, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Literally... TRASH under the bed. A/C did not work, linen looked dirty. So I transferred to a different room.. no better. The staff was accommodating, but the rooms were atrocious. You'd be better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Dmcenterfer

Travellers are raving about these Yuma hotels

Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The staff and owners are very courteous and prompt when you need anything at all. In our Business we need Internet and only one time (out of the many stays)did the internet not work, The owner was fast to give us a refund and appologize for the inconvenience of the upgrading of the internet service. Bedding is always fresh & maids are quick to give any assistance needed. We stay there often and will continue to do so! Kevin & Gina D.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Spanaway, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I needed a room for a quick overnight in Yuma. I was willing to give this a try for the relatively inexpensive price of $30.00 for the night. The room was small but clean enough. I could have gotten a much bigger room with much nicer amenities at the nearby Raddison or Hilton but not for $30.00!

This was a good value for me! I'd stay there again the next time I'm in Yuma.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Latham, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Knights Inn for one night. The price was very cheap, and you really do get what you pay for. The room was dark, it smelled, the carpet was stained, the furniture was very old, and the beds were not particularly comfortable.
Fortunately, the air conditioner worked.
It was also quite difficult to find the hotel because the sign for the hotel was hard to see off of the road. Yuma has a lot of other hotels and if I do ever end up in Yuma again, I'm going to find a better hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far away from the road as possible.