“Awful....”

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Keller, Texas
“Awful....”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Unfortunately we followed the recommendation of a colleague that didn't do his home work and spent the weekend at this hotel. Supplies are very far and between. The hotel smelled like a nursing home, you know that overwhelming smell of urine? Yuma has plenty of new hotels to offer. Don't stay at this one unless the are doing som major remodeling of the place. Nasty.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ABTex10
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Dear ABTex10,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us I am sorry you felt this way after leaving the hotel. I can assure you that I will use this review as a training point to ensure we are all paying strict attention to detail during routine maintenance of our suites and grounds. We do hope that you will give us another chance in the future should your travels bring you back to the Yuma area.

Sheri D.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed at the Shilo Inn for 9 days while playing the snowbird routine. A great place to use as a base for day trips into Mexico.The hotel location is great for getting around Yuma and area. Breakfast was the usual stuff but very good. Every thing was clean and neat. The pool and spa area was very well looked after. The exercise room was small and didn't have a tread mill. Very worth while to be looked at.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Terrible!!! bed was dirty full of hair and who knows what!!! They brought new sheets to my room for me to changed them after I called the front desk and complaint...the rooms stink pretty bad also. Their answer to my complaints was" well... this is not the four seasons", are you serious? My company is paying them a lot of money for a crew of 10 to stay here for two months!!! I will never stay at this chain of hotels again! Ill be sure to tell my company also. On a good note,The house keeping staff it's very friendly. Breakfast is very limitled to hard boiled eggs, orange juice, cereal, milk, yogurt sometimes and coffee/ tea.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Shahbaz1
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear Shahbaz1,

I am sorry to hear about the areas of concern in your guest room. Please know we take your comments very seriously and use them as a tool to improve. I shared your review with the staff and discussed the need to respect and appreciate our guests while providing the cleanliness our guests expect. I would like to extend my apologies for your encounter with these issues and would like very much to talk to you in person to discuss this matter. Please contact me by phone or email at your convenience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We had a great stay in this hotel. Everyone was friendly and the rooms were spacious and friendly. The Shilo has an absolutely great outdoor pool which is heated and open all year round. We were surprised how warm the water was even at 6 pm in November. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you have children or you enjoy year round swimming!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Louise D
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear Louise D,

We are so pleased to hear about your awesome experience at our hotel, and look forward to having you stay with us again anytime you are in the Yuma area.

Best Regards,

United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We first discovered the Shilo in Yuma in 1996 when our children were small, we have such fond and happy memories of them playing in the beautiful pool and gardens. We have returned many times over the years but sadly the hotel is in complete decline. The pool is not warm, the fences are rusty, the interior decor and pictures are exactly the same, it needs a complete revamp. The staff are nice and helpful. The main problem for us were the other 'guests'. The large sign hanging outside speaks volumes 'Discount weekly and monthly rates'. I guess the chain has to make a living out of this hotel somehow. Seemed to be populated by lots of construction workers. Breakfast was included in the rate but very very poor. I went to reception one evening to witness the lovely assistant being completely intimidated by a 'guest' who seemed either drunk, or drugged, she had to call security. Later that evening she kindly said she would apply a discount to our bill and we left the next morning. Lots of noise from rowdy 'guests' on balconies, lots of cigarette butts littered on the lawns. Dozens of young people crowding in to the pool in the evenings for their 'own party', much encouragement from balconies above. A very great shame, it was a last visit for us.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BusyBie
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Dear BusyBie,

Thank you for providing your feedback. We always welcome our guest’s comments on where we need improvement. Please know that I have shared your concerns with our team and we are using them as a learning tool to improve for our future guests. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. Should you change your mind on staying with us, I am confident we can exceed your expectations. Hope to see you soon.

Jamestown, Indiana
Reviewed 3 September 2012

once again in yuma...once again in shilo inn. we have spent so much time here in the past 2 years, we are beginning to feel like family. there is more to a hotel than lighting in the hallways and smells after years of faithful service. there is a dedication to a clients personal needs or situation. and this shilo inn has hoardes of caring. the personel are great. they are attentive to the needs and circumstances of those who choose to walk the musty, dimly lit halls. your comfort is there top priority. we go to visit family in Az. this trip i lost my Mother. there were terrible circumstances requiring faxes back and forth, long distance calling and verifications, all kinds of waiting and legalities and these people were the most willing to help in any way they possibly could. so if you are looking for the Ritz...but if you want a nice, quiet, comfy place to rest, this is your place. comes with weight room, sauna, huge pool and hot tub. very friendly and obliging staff. surrounded by scenery, attractions, malls, theaters, great places to eat. we are very good with shilo and will keep going back.

Room Tip: rooms with verandes are more welcoming...higher floors are warmer than those lower, but a/c keeps ro...