“Old hotel, some neat flair”

Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for work. The hotel and the rooms remind me of an old off the strip Las Vegas hotel. The rooms are small and feel old. There is a microwave and small fridge which is nice. The breakfast is warm but the little room is small and dirty. The staff are friendly enough but they spelled my name wrong copying it directly from my credit card. The plus sides are that it is close to a lot of different restaurants and shopping. It's also near I8.

• Stayed: April 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Jade D,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of our breakfast room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed here for several nights. The rooms were a little dated (no flat screen tv, the alarm clock looked fairly old, the frig wasn't new by any means. The common areas were newer and the overall grounds were in good condition. No issues parking or getting to the hotel. The room was clean and that's what mattered most to us. We didn't hear much noise from anyone else (we were on the 2nd floor). Attendants were courteous. Overall a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear IltoCO,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your experience at our hotel. It’s people like you who validate our efforts in keeping our hotel at the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities. We love what we do and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Unfortunately we followed the recommendation of a colleague that didn't do his home work and spent the weekend at this hotel. Supplies are very far and between. The hotel smelled like a nursing home, you know that overwhelming smell of urine? Yuma has plenty of new hotels to offer. Don't stay at this one unless the are doing som major remodeling of the place. Nasty.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ABTex10
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear ABTex10,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us I am sorry you felt this way after leaving the hotel. I can assure you that I will use this review as a training point to ensure we are all paying strict attention to detail during routine maintenance of our suites and grounds. We do hope that you will give us another chance in the future should your travels bring you back to the Yuma area.

Sheri D.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Richard R
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed at the Shilo Inn for 9 days while playing the snowbird routine. A great place to use as a base for day trips into Mexico.The hotel location is great for getting around Yuma and area. Breakfast was the usual stuff but very good. Every thing was clean and neat. The pool and spa area was very well looked after. The exercise room was small and didn't have a tread mill. Very worth while to be looked at.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Terrible!!! bed was dirty full of hair and who knows what!!! They brought new sheets to my room for me to changed them after I called the front desk and complaint...the rooms stink pretty bad also. Their answer to my complaints was" well... this is not the four seasons", are you serious? My company is paying them a lot of money for a crew of 10 to stay here for two months!!! I will never stay at this chain of hotels again! Ill be sure to tell my company also. On a good note,The house keeping staff it's very friendly. Breakfast is very limitled to hard boiled eggs, orange juice, cereal, milk, yogurt sometimes and coffee/ tea.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Shahbaz1
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear Shahbaz1,

I am sorry to hear about the areas of concern in your guest room. Please know we take your comments very seriously and use them as a tool to improve. I shared your review with the staff and discussed the need to respect and appreciate our guests while providing the cleanliness our guests expect. I would like to extend my apologies for your encounter with these issues and would like very much to talk to you in person to discuss this matter. Please contact me by phone or email at your convenience.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

We had a great stay in this hotel. Everyone was friendly and the rooms were spacious and friendly. The Shilo has an absolutely great outdoor pool which is heated and open all year round. We were surprised how warm the water was even at 6 pm in November. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you have children or you enjoy year round swimming!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Louise D
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear Louise D,

We are so pleased to hear about your awesome experience at our hotel, and look forward to having you stay with us again anytime you are in the Yuma area.