“Go Elsewhere”

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Yuma, Arizona
“Go Elsewhere”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

While the outside pool area may look appealing, the rooms are dated and in need of a facelift. The internet service is next to non existent. When you are able to connect to the wireless, the internet itself is so slow, servers often time out before you can load a webpage. I was staying for business, and did not have the option to stay elsewhere, otherwise I would have hightailed it out of there, particularly when one of my co-workers found a rat in his room.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Patriot1970

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Yuma
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great place, location and price. Only negative is that bath towels are a little tired The property is excellent and what a great pool area. Would suggest the guest info in the rooms be updated as it states you can get a newspaper at the front desk but this is not so.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2014

we stayed here for about a week clean warm comfortable staff were great location verry good and price verry reasonable free continental breakfast lots of shopping right behind motel in large mall awesome.

Room Tip: great price nice rooms beautful pool
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The lobby and pool area are deceiving. Your room is dated, old 20" tv with cable that loses signal every 5 minutes. Internet, what internet??? you have to hope the prevailing winds are in your favour in order to receive a signal. If you are blessed and do connect hope you only want to view a page or email from 1995, because it will take that long to load. Shower head is not just covered, but it is incased in mineral deposits. Would look at home in a cave.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank canuck554
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear canuck554,

I would like to apologize for your experience during your stay with us. Please know that I have shared your experience with our corporate office. I thank you for providing your feedback and educating us where we need to improve, it is greatly appreciated. I hope we can better serve you in the future if your travels bring you back to the area.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was my second stay at Shilo Inn , Yuma Az. , the first was for the birth of my grandchild in November , I stayed for a week in a suite , due to a disability the extra space was welcomed , my second stay was at Christmas & both times the staff was very professional & helped with directions to local establishments . When I was making the reservation for the second stay I was quoted a different rate , when I questioned the difference it turned out to be the Military discount was not applied the first stay , during my second stay this was taken care of quickly by the staff , they thanked me for my service and issued me a credit for the difference , I anticipated this might be an issue but it was not , a very pleasent surprise . The rooms were clean , the breakfast was ample , the grounds were kept up & the entire staff was friendly & constantly asked if anythng was needed , overall a very enjoyable experience will definitely stay there again .

Room Tip: many types of rooms available deprnding on needs
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mickey n
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute thrill to read your review! I will make sure to pass along your kind words to all of our staff throughout property because I know they take compliments like yours as seriously as I do. Thank so much for sharing this and I hope we are able to welcome you back again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The lobby is lovely- pool looks very inviting...that is about the best thing to say for this place. The price is average...my room was a bit noisy..especially the very slow toilet. The "free breakfast leaves MUCH to be desired. They were constantly out of things...you hd to keep asking to replenish the milk, etc. They had NO regular tea...WHO DRINKS MINT TEA FOR BREAKFAST???? I had stayed there before and mentioned it...nothing done to ameliorate the situation. The placard in the room mention there is a happy hour (non-existant) and a free newspaper available at the front desk (they no longer do this). the people at the front desk are pleasant enough, but things apparently go in 1 ear and out the other....I signed up for their "club"...you can get an "upgrade"....I wound up on the 4th floor with a VERY old TV set and the slowest elevator in the USA! The floor of my room had an M&M under the desk. This place is OK if you are not wanting a nice place.

Room Tip: Is there a "good room"?
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Quest,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Shilo Inn is a betwixt and between place for this traveler. In keeping with the latest research in interpersonal communications I will begin with the negatives. I arrived late and went to my room, on the ground floor. It must have been a handicap room though I would have declined in the event somebody might have actually needed it. The room was shabby as were the hallways. Carpets are very faded and worn. The TV did not work very with with constant loss of signal.

Breakfast was not a good experience. The breakfast area is small and cramped and the food presentation was terrible. The bananas were black spotted and soft. The egg product was in the form of small yellow disks absent any flavor. I moved out into the lobby area to a table that faced the open double doors of the exercise room. Breakfast was not great the experience was not improved by the site and near proximity of a very out of shape Hispanic fellow huffing, puffing and sweating. His attempts at sit-ups were painful to watch and spectacularly unsuccessful, but bless his heart, he was trying. The parking lot is spacious but poorly lit. It required the issuance of six keys to find one that worked and they had to be inserted backwards. here was no secondary door lock such as a chain or one of those bar and loop configurations. There was a secondary bolt lock. The bedspread was very worn and faded or was it smoothed so it appeared rumpled and unkempt.

On the plus side, all of the staff was very courteous and helpful though I did notice a member of the maintenance staff putting a couple new rolls of toilet paper in his personal vehicle - white paper crime.

They gave me a very attractive veteran's rate which I consider to be a class act. The lobby is spacious and comfortable and the pool area is large and very attractive. They also allow dogs. I try never to stay where dogs are not allowed even when I am not accompanied by my Service K9. Folks that do not like dogs are not to be trusted.

All in all, it is a place I might try again if traveling alone especially ifI am going to use the pool,but it does need improvement.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stormrider45
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Stormrider45,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide your review. We will take your comments and suggestions into consideration and use it to help us improve our guest experiences in the future. We hope you will stay with us again soon.