“Good honest hotel”

Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 22 September 2008

On Mon. 8 Sept 2008 I checked into the SHILO INNS Yuma Arizona as part of a 105 person group involved inThe Shamrock Run-a fundraising Motorcycle run raising funds for a childrens hospital in Dublin Ireland.
After a very pleasant overnight in the Shilo Inn we departed for Tucson at 6.30 AM.While re-fuelling at Gila Bend approx 120 miles from Yuma, I discovered I had left my wallet under the pillow in my room. It contained all my cash-1800 Dollars-and all my credit cards and I.D.
I rang the hotel and Sheri Doney who I think is the front desk manager answered my call.She listened as I described my problem and told me not to worry and that she would ring me back in 5 mins.She immediately went to the room,which had already been made over and then contacted the cleaner who had the wallet safely in his possession.
She rang me back,as promised and confirmed she had the wallet safe and sound. When I suggested returning to Yuma to collect it she advised me that she could arrange to FedEx it to our next hotel in Grand Canyon This she did and I received my wallet safe and sound next morning.
I cant say how much I appreciated her prompt action in dealing with my problem and the very professional way she sorted everything out for me.Good old-fashioned American hospitality is alive and well and living in The Shilo Inn in Yuma in the person of Sheri Doney.Her prompt action meant that I was able to continue the tour with the group and lose no time out of our very tight itinerary.My sincerest thanks to Sheri and Shilo Inns .

• Stayed: September 2008
There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma

Reviewed 5 September 2008

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were large and clean. Pool area was beautiful. All this combined for a very relaxing stay. Only issue was the free happy hour daily. I don't use alcohol and they wouldn't give me an O'Doul's (non-alcohol brew). Breakfast was good and popcorn in the lobby was a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2008

Staying at the Shilo in Yuma was a great experience. i stayed there for almost 30 days and had no problems.
The staff was very helpfull with any special needs we had, ie stamps, mail, quarters for laundry, directions, etc.
We started work before the free breakfast at 6am, so they would pack us a breakfast burrito and have it ready for us every morning.
Free popcorn in the lobby at any hour.
2 Free drinks at happy hour.
For location, it was right off the freeway and just a short walk to the shopping center.
The hotel was always kept clean.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2008

The staff was awesome! The hotel grounds were beautifu. Like an oasis in the desert! I walked in and immediatley was made to feel right at home.

My room was not only comfortable but immaculately cleaned as well.

The restaurant staff was terrific! the food was fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2008

Room definitely not worth the price. I was the phone system installer when they built this hotel back in 1985/86, I knew it wasnt worth the money, I just wanted to see what ever became of the hotel. The staff seems a little enthusiastic about its customers, I dont blame them, not much going on. I didnt care for anything they had to offer, Internet could be a little better. Food at restaurant was buffet level at best. I dont see the"fine dining" quality. The hotel just looks and has a "tired" feel. If that was my hotel, I would try to bring in some fun staff, wet t-shirt contests, volleyball championships, turn the restaurant into a sports bar, get the staff into lighter uniform so they can move around and get some hotter women working behind the counter. I would like to see Hooters invest in a hotel like this and Yuma would benefit from it and so would the locals.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2008

The hotel is one of the oldest hotels in Yuma, a big building on beautiful grounds, well groomed outdoors and swimming pool excellently maintained by staff and management. The staff is very friendly and very customer oriented and willing to accommodate individual needs of their guests, night or day. I often stay there when I work nights and they always have a quiet room for me to sleep during the day. There is an attached restaurant that has the most beautiful view of Yuma valley that you can imagine and a wondefful big patio to watch the moon rise. The food is great with an outstanding breakfast bar. Management is very present around the hotel and all staff is so pleasant and polite. It is always a pleasure to stay there and I highly recommend this place. There are many choices on Yuma and it is a rather big hotel, but they provide a personable environment that feels very caring for the weay traveler.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2007

Rooms were "okay"
Breakfast was below average
Pool was excellent
Staff friendly
Price was too much for what you got in return.

This is an average hotel, over-priced for the value received. Staff and pool made up for poor breakfast and older rooms.

Stayed: July 2007