“First impressions are everything”

Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

You know when you really want to give a place a chance but you come in that night and the clerk is less than friendly? We did not feel welcome at all. Not to mention, the guy barely even gave us eye contact or even a smile. He must hate his job. I don't think I've ever had that expireance with any Inn or hotel before. Granted, I never stayed at a Shilo Inn before. Unfortunately for us, the E receipt sent to us did not match the amount they charged us. It would of been polite to please let your costumer know you're going to charge them a deposit. Luckily, we will be getting our money thanks to our bank. I would not recommend and do not plan to stay at one again. Really thought it would be like other pleasant Inn expireances. I will admit that they have a beautiful lobby but that's about all I can say about it.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ali P
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I deeply apologize to you for not exceeding your expectations. I assure you that I will speak to the front desk staff to address the issues you have mentioned and we will work on improving in those areas. Once again, we are sorry for the inconveniences. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Best Regards,

Sheri Doney
Shilo Inns Yuma

There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Have been a believer in Shilo Inns for a long time but this stay was the best. The friendly staff, the nicely appointed room and the great location will bring me back. And a special thank you to Mitchell Robles who graciously helped me with an arm load of packages. The extra effort was greatly appreciated.

See you again soon, Anne Eaton

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anne E
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay in Yuma. We appreciate it, as we do your business. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and that our staff took good care of you. We hope you will come stay again soon and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Shilo is a perfect place for my husband and me when we are travelling to Mexico for dental work. On this trip we arrived two days earlier than our reservation and of course, they had room for us. Loved the friendly smiles of the workers including Mitchell Robles and the great recommendation for Mexican food at La Fonda, by Carlos, the ever helpful desk manger.

it definitely is the place we will choose when we visit Yuma. We love the clean rooms, warm staff, and beautifully kept pool. Our hats are off to you!

Room Tip: If your rooms are facing the pool, make sure you have a pool view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is located right off of I-8. It is very close to Yuma Palms Shopping and many great restaurants. The rooms are clean, the staff is very accommodating and friendly. The pool, spa and exercise room are always clean. There is an on site guest laundry. The continental breakfast is very nice. If you have maintenance needs you can always count on a very qualified staff, especially Mitchell Robles. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Peggy F

Thank you very much for the awesome feedback! When we receive reviews like this we know we're on the right track. I'll be sure the pass your kind words on to the staff, they do such a great job for us day in and day out. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I love this hotel, and am coming to think of it as my home away from home. I have frequent short trips to Yuma, and this is the only place I will stay. Sheri Doney, the General Manager, knows me by sight (and name), as do some of the front desk staff. She remembers why I am there and asks how things are going. If an upgrade is available, she gives it to me, without my asking. As a women who usually travels alone, she is very careful about my room placement. A couple of weeks ago I was in town and had an early meeting, well before check in, and the hotel was on the way. I didn't have time to check in, but I had had a long trip and really needed to make a bathroom stop. I pulled up, ran in, hoping someone would recognize me and not mind as I ran to the bathroom. Sheri said someone saw me pull up and commented that I was there. She met me at the front desk as I whizzed by, commenting that I have begun thinking of this as my home away from home. Sheri said that was what she wanted and was glad I felt that way. Later when I checked in, we laughed about it. How great is that!!!! They are very welcoming and I will keep coming back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind words after your stay at Shilo Inn Yuma. We were very pleased to read that you found the staff helpful and friendly. We love to make our guests feel right at home and it makes us feel good to know we achieved that goal. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I had my sons baptism reception at the Shilo. Tarie Cevallos had amazing ideas for the set up for the party and was very helpful and informative when it came to questions we had. A few of my family members stayed at the shilo that weekend of the reception and were amazed of how clean the rooms were and friendly everyone was

• Stayed: November 2013
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Shilo Inn for your event. I appreciate you recognizing the attentive service of our staff. I was also pleased to know our clean rooms and friendly employees met your satisfaction. We look forward to extending our hospitality again in the future and thank you for your review!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I'm a salesperson for 30 years and have stayed in 1000's of hotels. On May 28th 2014 I stayed at the Shilo Inn and Suites in Yuma and I had been staying at the Best western suites and had an awful experience. Had to wait 15 minutes while they verified my room was not occupied and then when I dragged my luggage, dinner, and laptop 150 yards someone was already in my room. I literally ate dinner on the side walk and would not have a room another 45 minutes.
That was the last time I stayed there.

Tarie in sales is great she her and Janet the Manager have helped me with how to navigate staying with virtually a hello.

Richard is always there to make sure I get the little extra things I require without fuss.

I really enjoy the personal service.

Ask for pillow top mattresses.

Alan

Room Tip: Ask for the Pillow top for a softer bed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us such valuable feedback about your stay at our Yuma location. I shared your compliments with the team and they were happy to hear you were so satisfied with their service. We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,