“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Wyndmoor
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 6 March 2007

Sheila and her staff go out of their way to make your stay pleasant.

I was in Yuma on business for 3 weeks during Snow Bird season,
A very busy season for this town, the service never lapsed.
The others (5) I was traveling with had to switch hotels several times
By the end of the first week they had all moved into the Shilo.

Sheila Thank You again

Wyndmoor Pa.

• Liked — STAFF
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank hines19038

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 10 February 2007

This hotel is fine overall. The free breakfast at the resturant is a nice additional value as are the free drink tickets for happy hour. The staff was extraordinarily helpful on two occasion - 1) letting me print a boarding pass from an oversold flight from the managers personal PC when there was a problem with the lobby printer and 2) giving me a phone with a speaker for an important conference call.

The price tag is a little high, but Yuma seems to be a surprisingly expensive market in general and Shiloh is still good value compared to some of the other slightly cheaper but far crappier alternatives.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank stumpak
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed 27 December 2006

Stayed here out of desperation - all other hotels booked due to a huge convention in the area. Absolutely one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I travel over 100 nights a year, and this hotel is lousy - the room literally smelled, there were stains on the sheets, chairs, carpeting - hair in the sink and on the bathroom floor. High speed internet wasn't - breakfast was terrible and in another part of the motel. Could not adjust thermostat.
Never again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Room smelled like cat urine
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here - many other chain options
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank BizTravelerPhoenix
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 30 April 2006

The Shilo Inn in Yuma was a nice hotel. The staff were very friendly and more than willing to help with any questions that I had. The housekeeping staff kept the room clean and neat. The view from my room overlooked the courtyard and pool area, it had a balcony to step out on and view the area. The A/C worked quite well and wasn't too noisy. The restaurant's food was good, service friendly and fast. There were lots of channels to choose from on the TV including the Food Network which is unusual for hotel rooms. The in room movies were current and up to date. The hotel is close to the "new" mall area of Yuma so there were lots of shopping and dining options close by. But head into downtown for some authentic Mexican food. The beds were good and I had a decent nights sleep each night I was there. If/when I find myself in Yuma again I'll stay at the Shilo Inn. It's only about 30 minutes from San Luis Mexico which was a nicer town than some of the ones that are closer to Yuma.. The photos attached are views from my room.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank kaj22
Jersey, Channel Islands, UK
Reviewed 15 February 2006

I stayed here as a rest stop from LA on my way to Casa Grande, AZ. I had tried the Best Western just down the way but it was full.

I was tired. I had no choice to pay the $120 for the room for the night. The room was very poor. It was outdated and need of refurbishment. It smelt like some old peoples' home. I don't mind those things; I do when I have to pay $120 for the experience.

The breakfast was awful. Buffet style all of which was cold but was meant to be hot. Scrambled eggs which were rock solid. Freezing cold bacon. I would have been better off getting a freshly cooked breakfast at somewhere like IHOP.

This was my real low point of my trip to the States. In comparison, I stayed at the Grand Hotel at the Grand Canyon for $59 and the room and hotel was absolutely superb. I just couldn't recommend the Shilo at Yuma to anyone.

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank OlafB
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2006

My Husband and I were traveling to San Diego and we stopped at the Shilo Inn to spend the night. It is a very nice hotel, I would reccommend it to anyone who needs to rest from a trip. The people there are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are well kept and clean. The food at the restaurant is wonderful but more than I could eat. (Is that really a bad thing?) Mostly the staff there does their best to make you feel welcome and comfortable. My husband and I will always stay there whenever we stop in Yuma.

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 October 2005

My husband and I stopped at the Shilo Inn in Yuma, AZ on our way to San Diego. It looked like a nice hotel from the freeway and we were too tired to keep driving that night. We were welcomed with smiles at the front desk and told there was room at the inn. Everyone seemed so eager to please. It was a welcome change from the way we were treated just a few nights before at a hotel in Flagstaff.

This is a beautiful hotel and I had no idea how beautiful until I saw it in the daytime. The grounds are just goregeous! The lobby is beautiful and the place is very well maintained. The rooms are very clean and the service is just the best. We had the free breakfast buffet that is included with the room at the restaurant and it was fabulous. I would gladly reccommend this hotel to anyone passing through Yuma. It is nice to be treated like royalty and I will surely try another Shilo Inn, as my husband and I travel a lot.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member