“Horrific”

Royal Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Yuma B&B and Inns
“Horrific”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Worst hotel I have ever ever stayed in my entire life! Keep driving down the street NOT recommended. Motel 6 is a way better option. Filthy has not been cleaned in I could not say how many years or Months tv was broken towels dirty with stains smells filthy comforter dirty linens and the worst customer service ever!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The one positive thing about our stay was that our patio door was next to nice green grass. Beds were like sleeping on boards, their idea of clean and mine are totally different. Asked specifically for the bathroom to be cleaned but was not done-had to ask again. Room was a good size and spacious closet space.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BJB1951

Travellers are raving about these Yuma hotels

Modesto, CA
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Our goal, an inexpensive, clean & secure place to stay. I prefer rooms with a frig and microwave. The room was inexpensive. I think it was secure. The room and the furniture in it was filthy. I covered the chair before sitting on it! The sad thing is that I think that the owners are trying. Good Internet, new TV with many channel package, newer frig & microwave, newer AC. I saw the cleaning cart. I don't think most maids would want to touch it. We had looked at the room before renting it. We need to do a better job next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cathey E
taoal
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Planned my trip to Yuma and to spend three days at the Royal Motor Inn, clean place, they have been renovating, Wide screen LCD screens, local Digital channel feed, not Cable or Directv, clean restrooms and reasonably comfortable bed. Ac was noisy, manager pulled it out and we moved a tube out of the way, more than happy to attend to any problem I found out. For fifty bucks a night, you should not expect perfection, just a decent place to stay, they delivered.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Llantwit Major, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We always stay in the cheapest place possible so we are used to taking the rough with the smooth but Royal Motor Inn in uninhabitable and staffed by an unfathomably miserable man. I can't understand the other reviews, they must be fake!

We arrived to be dealt with by a man who hardly spoke to us. Given a key to a room which was dog rough and smelled like someone had died in there. When we opened the fridge we nearly puked. Went straight back to reception and was offered a better room but it was all done with such grumpiness and unhelpfulness I already was put off complaining about the second room.

Second room was so hot, AC could not begin to cool the room down even after an hour. WIFI did not work, just kept dropping off. Decided to tell the guy we didn't want to stay and ask for a refund. The guy refused to refund, just kept saying things like "Internet working" "no refund" and "you go". He insisted that the WIFI works if you leave the room, connect and then walk back in to the room but even this was not true. It simply did not work. I came to the conclusion that he would prefer to have our money without the hassle of us actually staying ... there can be no other reason for him to have been so rude, unhelpful and unapologetic throughout.

Don't take a chance, I've never seen somewhere so bad as the first room and never met a more unhelpful person in any walk of life.

Room Tip: Nowhere could be worse
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kettlecup
Fort Mcmurray
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We thought we would choose a budget hotel while in Yuma so stayed at the Royal Motor Inn for $39. Nice cheap price, but not much has been done to the rooms since it was built in the time of Queen Victoria...the toilet seat was definitely an original. Otherwise if you want something cheap with an okay bed, it will do in a pinch.

Room Tip: We thought we might have gotten bed bugs here, so bring a liner sheet to cover the bed if you want t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The carpets were filthy dirty smelly and hated to walk on them with bare feet....but we were tired and needed a room. While my Mother was there alone the man from the front desk tried to get in but room was locked, so he went back to office and came back with a key. He realized Mom was in there so quit trying to open the door. My Father had a DVD in his suitcase, in a zippered pocket, the DVD had never been opened he was waiting till he got home to open it.......it is gone from his suitcase. My camera was missing out of my room! No I would not recommend this place to ANY one. Lots of traffic day and night to the back of the building, I reported it to authorities so who knows what is going on now.

Room Tip: No good room...it is run down and bathrooms need repair and carpet needs replaced. Curtains are rott...
Stayed February 2013, travelled with family