“Great hotel, Great Service, Very clean!”

Radisson Hotel Yuma
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
GreenLeadersGold level
Pomona, California, United States
“Great hotel, Great Service, Very clean!”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I've been visiting Family in Yuma for 40 years. I've stayed at many of the area hotels, new and old....this is the best Hotel I've stayed at. Staff was VERY freindly and went out of their way several times to make sure I was happy.

I brought my dog, and was assigned a ground floor room, near the exit. Neigbor across the hall also had a dog (I'm assuming that the guests with dogs are placed close together near the exit, and I'm ok with that.) Unfortuanetly, my neighbor left their dog unattended from 9:00-11:00 pm! I called the front desk, and they tried, unsuccesfully to call the owner. The front desk attendant was very apologetic, and offered to set me up in another room. Luckily the owners came back, and the problem was solved. What amazed me was that the Manager called me on my cell phone the next day to aplogize and asked if she could do anything to make things right. I expected apathy because I was traveling with a dog as well, but that was not the case :)

Room was immaculate, Bed (non sleep number) was soft, but not too soft. Pillows were great and bedding was clean. I used the washer/dryer, and they were free!!!!!!

Breakfast bar (included in the price) was top notch! Waffle, station, Oatmeal with all the fixins, Fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, Bacon, Potatos, All kinds of dry cereal, fresh muffins, assorted bread for toast, plain butter and honey butter...good stuff! And....the staff in the dining room was absoulutely fantastic...they asked me several times each morning if everythig was ok...they really hustled and made me feel at home.

Train could be heard in the distance, but not too bad.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Tucson
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I'm always treated right at this hotel. They are consistent with their service. The rooms are nice and clean, great work out facility, pool area and mainly the really nice bar and restaurant. Very comfortable, warm and friendly. They make you feel as if you are home.

Room Tip: Stay on the east side of hotel to avoid train noise in the morning. Even if you had the west side...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Kingman, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on a regular basis. It is a nice choice for business, has an excellent fitness room and indoor pool. The food is first rate as is the breakfast buffet. Hotel is fairly luxurious, although somke of the rooms could use a little up-dating (nothing major). Service is extremely helpful. One of the things I'd like them to update is the TV. It is HD-ready but there are few HD channels, they need to have more channels, and they do not have in-room movies or other entertainment. Hotel seems to cater to business travelers and conventions, rather than vacationers. Also, the prices are steep, although the Club Carlson really reduces the cost, and hotels in Yuma tend to run high price. One other thing - Yuma is delightful in winter, July through September you better adore 115 degree temperatures, and, no, it's not a dry heat, it's very humid, too.

Room Tip: If you like a tub shower, ask for two queen beds, if you want a walk-in (messy) get the king.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Laurence S
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This hotel has got to have the best staff I have ever encountered. I hadn't been there in over a year and yet the staff still knew my name. The breakfast buffet is excellent and they have a wonderful selection. Sleep number beds, indoor and outdoor pools, it just doesn't get any better than this.

Room Tip: I've never gotten a bad room at this hotel and I've stayed there more than a dozen times
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Monroe
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We really liked this hotel and wish there were more of them in other cities. The room was nice, the bed was so comfortable. The free breakfast was incredible and the service was excellent. We loved that the tv stopped at a certain volume. We stayed at a different hotel the next night and the room next door had there volume up so high it was annoying.
We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Get the room with the sleep number bed, so comfortable!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trina E
UK
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Just a night's stop on the way from Tuscon to San Diego, and this place fitted the bill entirely. Comfortable night's sleep in a business class room, and a buffet breakfast thrown in before leaving. Swimming pool gave a contrasting view of the highway below and the hawk aerobatics above! Easily located just off one of the main freeways.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel, it lived up to it's good reviews. We were able to bring our dog to one of the dining tables outside, dinner and breakfast. Food was excellent and staff friendly and helpful. The mobility accessible room was very clean and spacious. I don't think I've seen so many grab bars in a bathroom before and the bath was equipped with a high end hand held shower wand. At the time of my stay, the beds were at least 10 inches higher than the height of my wheelchair. When I got home, I sent an email feedback form to them and the hotel responded within a day to say they were going to fix that problem and lower the beds in all their mobility accessible rooms. Great hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple