“Ride the Rails”

Radisson Hotel Yuma
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 December 2009

Military traveler on business working at Yuma Proving Grounds. I arrived on a Sunday and departed on following Thursday. Hotel is new, sleek, and has a modern design. Rooms are spacious with flat panel TV, Sleep number bed, and mini-fridge. Staff was great and the restaurant had great food (slightly over-priced), with below average service. The bathroom design was baffling, no tub, and a shower that featured no shower door. Beautiful appearance that lacked functionality. Fitness center was above average and the pool areas were spectacular. Biggest con to staying at this location is proximity to railroad yard approximately 200 yards from the hotel. Constant noise from passing trains. Second biggest con, for me at least was the bar in the lobby. The hours were not conducive to my schedule as I was working until 11:00 pm most nights and bar was closed before I arrived back at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 October 2009

We didn't stay at the hotel but had dinner at the Market wine bar and bistro and it was awesome. From appetizers to dessert this was the best meal we've had in Yuma, ever, and we live here.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
mdudys, Management Company at Radisson Hotel Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2009

I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your kind words. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on the web.
The Market at the Radisson

Reviewed 24 October 2009

The hotel is new and pretty slick from the outside and main lobby. Here's my summary (your mileage may vary):

Pros: Staff is great; hotel is very clean; rates are good.

Cons: (1)water is WAY TOO SOFT - you can NEVER completely rinse soap off in the shower; (2) No microwave in room; (3) only down pillows are available - I find them uncomfortable. If you are allergic to down, do not stay here. (4) only 50% of rooms equipped with Sleep Number beds - I was told I had a Sleep Number bed on the phone when I made the reservation, but did not et one when I arrived.

The staff is very courteous and competent within their means to provide service - but the cons far outweigh the pros for me - I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
mdudys, Mangement Company at Radisson Hotel Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2009

We are a new hotel and still working out a few matters. We appreciate the feed back as a way of finding things to improve. Such as regular testing and adjusting the hardness of the water, the Radisson is one of the few hotels to have soft water not just for the laundry but for the guest rooms as well. The microwaves also might be an item requested many guests; this is a great suggestion to consider. Please do not worry about the feathers. The pillows are manufactured by Pacific Coast Feather and are 100% hypo allergenic. We are using your comments to make sure that we have non feather pillows on hand that guests may prefer.
Thanks for bringing these items to our attention.

Reviewed 8 May 2009

Not what I was expecting from a Radisson. The grounds are beautiful as is the lobby, very modern and attractive. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom had a large walk-in granite shower. We tried the sleep number bed and I am not sure I loved it, it takes some getting used to it, and, it is an option not all rooms have it. The bedding is clean and crisp and very comfy. If you get a chance try the restaurant- great food, loved the eggplant parm. appetizer. All in all a great experience in Yuma!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennyd78
Reviewed 14 March 2009

Driving from San Diego to El Paso, my husband and I stopped in Yuma overnight. We heard there was a new Radisson hotel and decided to give it a try. The hotel is lovely...very upscale from the lobby to the beautifully appointed rooms. All rooms are non smoking (yea!), with wonderful, comfortable beds. Some of them are "Sleep Number" beds, although ours was not and was compfy nonetheless. The linens are white and crisp, and in talking to the housekeeper, the duvets are washed every time a guest leaves. What a concept! No questionable bedspreads to sit on. Our rate was $113. per night and it was more than worth it. Oh, it is also pet friendly.
We had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel, Market Wine Bar and Bistro. It was excellent. Not too expensive, and more like a gourmet restaurant than overpriced, run of the mill hotel food.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sdtravelgal
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Great new location next to Yuma Palms shopping and dining center. Impressive amenities. Excellent, friendly service. We were fortunate to be here during their Grand Opening celebration and were able to sample the fine cuisine at the opening party. Very impressive!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank coleam0
Reviewed 11 February 2009

WOW!! This hotel is so cool. When you walk in the lobby it feels like you are in a boutique hotel in Los Angeles or New York. The room felt like four star quality and the rate was only $129.00 (What a steal). I loved the walk in shower and the flat screen TV. The bed was great and I slept well. I had one of the best dinners ever in the hotel restaurant called Market Wine Bar Bistro. The Chef came out and greeted me. He was a Top Chef in Atlantic City! (How did he end up in Yuma?) Love this hotel! Very COOL!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business