“Awesome hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Phoenix, Arizona
“Awesome hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

We just spent 3 days over the Thanksgiving holiday at this hotel. I travel extensively for my job and I can tell you that this hotel was amazing. The staff was fabulous and extremely accomodating. The room was beautiful and the bed extremely comfortable. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: We had a studio suite and it was very room
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sharon m
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Yuma. We greatly appreciate your business and remarks. We take the opinions of our guests seriously, and are grateful for you taking the time to share your experience with others. Our goal is to make all guests feel valued and appreciated, and we are happy to hear that we accomplished this with you! We hope that you will consider us or our brand during your next trip. If there is anything we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Again, thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Yuma...your home away from home!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I spend 4 1/2 months at this Homewood in Yuma, AZ. The rooms are spacious and clean and the location is excellent. But the people who work there is what made my stay stupendous. Treated better that I've been in $400/night hotels. Looking for a reason to come back! Wayne, the GM, rules!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve a
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, 1 October 2011
Wow! Thank you so much for your remarks. We take our guests and our jobs seriously, and are pleased to have made your stay enjoyable. Our goal is to make everyone feel at home, providing each guest with memorable experiences worth sharing. We appreciate you becoming a part of the Homewood Suites Yuma family for the past 4 1/2 months, and are sad to see you leave. As General Manager, I recognize that your experience could not have been accomplished without our phenominal staff working as a team. From Housekeeping to Front Desk to Maintenence to the Kitchen, we do all we can to communicate the guests' needs, allowing us to better serve. We understand the value in teamwork, and how it leads to our #1 goal: Guest Satisfaction. Again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your return!
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I went there for 8 weeks May and June 2009 on a business tour. I would say it's a perfect place to live at.... Location is very good... restaurants and shopping mall is just walking distance. Rooms are very clean with all the amenities available easily. Housekeeping services are awesome.... one can't complain about anything. Enjoyed my stay there.... would say if your are visiting Yuma..... it is the best place to stay at...!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Thank you for your kindness. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the Homewood Suites Yuma. We take pride in making your experience pleasurable, and appreciate the opportunity of having you as our guest. We are constantly working towards being the "best place to stay" in Yuma, and it is an honor to be considered as such. We thank you for recommending Homewood Suites Yuma to other travelers, and look forward to your next visit to the desert Southwest!
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

3 years ago, this was my favorite hotel in the area. It has steadily declined in several departments and as the travel coordinator for my company, I have decided to no longer book any of our personnel at this location.

Getting per Diem rates for government travel is almost impossible.

The last straw was the ordeal in booking rooms this last trip. I was making reservations for 2 people. I was given a rate of $129.00/night for one person and $189.00/night for another. After a long negotiation, I was able to get the reasonable rates of $99.00/night for both. The following day, I had to add one more to the trip and was quoted $169.00/night. I explained that I needed the rate to be the same as the previous 2 reservations but could not get it.

I ended up making the reservation for the 3rd person at the Hilton Garden Inn (now my favorite) for $109.00/night.

I received an email from the (new) manager (Lorraine is no longer there), stating they were over booked and I had been moved to the Hampton Inn and my room rates had been changed from $99.00/ night to $129.00/night. This email was sent on Friday, 5-18-2011 at 5:18pm (this was after work hours, no phone contact was attempted). We were traveling on Monday morning at 6:00am. I luckily had my work laptop at home and caught it.

On Monday morning, I brought up the website to find there were 2 rooms available (yet they were overbooked?) I immediately called and complained. I told them I wanted one of those rooms at the rate I had been quoted. I was told the manager was the only one that could change the rates, so I suggested he call me prior to my arrival. I had to book one of these 2 available rooms at $169.00/night.

The manager called me while I was still in transit to his location. I explained to him how dissatisfied I was with the situation. He changed my rate back to the $99.00/night rate. I also complained that I had to book another person at another hotel and was able to get him relocated to this hotel at the$99.00/night rate.

Just this alone was a nightmare as I was on the phone for over 2 hours booking, negotiating, cancelling, booking, negotiating, complaining, etc... It should have NEVER gotten to that point.

After check-in, we went to our room. It was a handicap accessible room, nice enough and very large in size. I don't think it had been used in a while though, as the calendar menu on the refrigerator door was still for June as was the HBO pamphlet. It wasn't extremely dusty, but you could tell it had not been dusted in a while. The air conditioner was off when we arrived and it was 89 degrees in our room. It took 5 hours to get the room to a comfortable temperature. ALL of the dishes were in the dishwasher. Now why would I want to travel all day to have to put up the dishes? If this is now the policy, it's a bad one.

The food, was mediocre compared to what we had been served in the past at this location.

I know a lot of posters think this is a good hotel. It very well may be, but it is nowhere near in comparison to 3 years ago when we first started using it. I am tired of having to work so hard to make reasonable accommodations, especially as a Diamond Club member. Apparently, this means little anymore.

Either way, I'm through here. There will be no further bookings with this hotel for any of the employees that are under my responsibility.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Shatmeister - We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during the booking process. This is not typical of our hotel and we appreciate your business. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback and I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Very Respectfully,

Wayne Rooks
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

My husband and I were there for 5 weeks June/July 2010 due to his work. We had our two dogs with us as well. I have to say the staff all go out of their way to make you feel like family - definitely above and beyond. I have no complaints with housekeeping, it was wonderful to walk down in the morning and have a different breakfast every day and I have to say I don't think it is the usual fare you find at similar places...there were home-cooked meals served. Monday through Thursday there is wine and beer and a lite meal which for most of us staying there was the main meal. I never had any problems with the wifi in the room...only problem was I need something printed off and the business center printer wasn't working so staff printed it off in their office.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Homewood Suites and would definitely stay there again. Lorraine and Jerry take pride in this property

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here. The bed was very comfortable. The rooms were quiet and clean. The hotel is close to shopping and restaurants. We really enjoyed our stay and wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else in Yuma!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank GoldenLoverinAB
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

I stay in a lot of HIlton properties, and tend to book Homewood Suites due to the larger rooms, full size refrigerators, and essentially comfortable living areas that make me feel like i'm staying in a small apartment versus a boxy hotel room.
I had a recent one-night wknd hotel stay here -- the staff was professional and extremely welcoming.
No concerns or issues at all during my stay.
Like another reviewer had noted, this hotel is directly across the street from the Yuma Palms shopping center area.
Convenient access off the freeway, however a bit off from the freeway -- so there was ZERO freeway noise. Nice, quiet sleep.
I don't expect much from complimentary hotel breakfasts -- I always get the same thing, just scrambled eggs and coffee. The eggs were fine, and the food area was well serviced. Also I liked that the breakfast area wasn't as crazy on the wknds as other HS's that I've stayed in. (That was nice.)
I needed to print 2 documents and the hotel staff was very accomodating.
Oh, and I liked the pool and BBQ area - - even though I didn't use it.
The gym was great -- large! And I was the only one in there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business