“Issues with Housekeeping, Front Desk, Sales”

Homewood Suites Yuma
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Issues with Housekeeping, Front Desk, Sales”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few months. The staff that work in the dining area are wonderful and very friendly. The rest leave something to be desired. I believe the manager wants to do what is right, however when the first people you deal with provide a bad experience correction is sometimes too little too late.
In two weeks there my room was skipped 3 times and no the do not disturb sign was not out. The last straw was when I checked out Friday and was checked back into the same room Sunday. Guess what...the coffee I made Friday AM was still in the pot. I had complained before and at this point I changed hotels as I wondered if the sheets were even changed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Thank you for spending time at our hotel. We apologize for your experience and take your remarks very seriously. We have already implemented change to ensure this does not happen again. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
los angeles, ca
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel is exactly what I look for anytime I would plan on staying in a city a week or more... excellent services, great employees, Free Dinner! Free Beer and wine with Dinner! I won't stay anywhere else in the future if I'm staying for a week or more! This hotel opened my eyes to the Homewood Suites chain... hopefully their all as good as this one!

Room Tip: I like the rooms away from the pool, close to the elevators on floors 2 or 3, less noisy and still r...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Thank you for the kind remarks! We enjoy taking care of, and getting to know our guests. You have definitely become part of the Homewod Suites Yuma family! Thank you for making us your home away from home!
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 20 October 2012

The management is very nice and try to correct issues but I had repeated billing issues to the point I had to call Hilton's Diamond Desk on numerous occasions. Some of the staff are clueless regarding the Hilton codes of how Diamond members are to be treated. I've stood at the desk waiting to check in for exceptional amounts of time while one particular person would not assist because she was busy being flirtatious with another future guest. This same person has not only avoided or being less than helpful in emails, a few of my co-workers said she was both rude or plain did not respond to their emails to her corporate regarding room rates.
Be a little careful with leaving anything of value at the hotel. Twice my luggage was lost that I left for the weekend. Granted it was found both times, but once it took into the wee hours of the morning to get it and I lost a lot of valuable sleep. There are a lot of DOD people that stay at this hotel too. And I will only said sometimes they are not the most "scrupulous" people to be around. Not that this is the hotel's fault in any way, but I will say I sanitize everything I can as soon as I get checked in. I just think for what this hotel charges, things could be better.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank savedru2
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Thank you for staying with us! Your remarks are being addressed and we look forward to making an improved impression during your next stay. We are always looking for ways to imrove the guest experience, and your feedback provides us with quite the opportunity. Again, thank you for your business and your remarks. We will strive to exceed your expectations during your future stays!
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We were on a road trip and stopped at Yuma as a convenient point between San Diego and Phoenix. Yuma wasn't the most exciting place to stay - the town centre has died off in favour of the out-of-town complex.
The hotel was lovely though. We had a large double bed and there was a sofa bed which the kids slept on. Really spacious room, even with the sofa bed pulled out. The room also had a partial kitchen, which had a full size fridge with freezer and coffee making facilities, sink and microwave.
The pool was nice, although in full sun for most of the day - we used it in the morning, before the sun hit it. Yuma's too hot for us Brits to be in the sun for long! There was only one towel poolside, but as we had our own it wasn't really a problem.
The hotel was in really good condition - we thought it was newly opened, but were told it had been open a few years.
The self-serve breakfast was good - when we broke the waffle-iron, a lady came and fixed it for us and then made us some really good waffles!
Being non-American, we were pleased to find that we could walk to a number of food venues for dinner and ended up at a grill-house across the road.
I'd be happy to go back there if I had a reason to be in Yuma.
I would happily

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at Homewood Suites Yuma! We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to your return. We also thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again!
Malibu, California
Reviewed 5 October 2012

This was an unexpected pleasure in the middle of Yuma. The hotel is perfectly situated close to shopping and restaurants. The hotel is beautifully appointed and the rooms are all suite configuration, bedroom (some rooms the bedroom is actually seperated from the living room area, a large bathroom and an adjoining area with sink and large mirror. There is a small fully equiped kitchen with dinning table for 4.
The price includes a buffet breakfast - which was delicious, and a buffet dinner that changes every day.
Every member of the staff that we dealt with was helpful with a smile.
A nice place away from home.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nili99
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Yuma! We appreciate your kind words in describing our hotel and welcome your return. We enjoy making Homewood Suite Yuma your home away from home. Looking forward to your next visit!
Apache Junction, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed over night on our way to Phoenix, AZ. The room was clean & big. We had a king bed with full kitchen. The bathroom was spotless. We thought the hotel had to have just opened because there wasn't anything damaged or stained. The bed & couch were comfortable. We were on the ground floor and never heard any outside noise. The breakfast was delicious & a great way to send us back on the road. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Yuma! We take pride in making the guest experience the best possible. Your kind remarks are very much appreciated and we hope to see you back soon!
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed 27 June 2012

ALL the staff were friendly, room was wonderful, location was great and the breakfast was excellant. I would recommend this hotel 100% for a night of long term stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slr1000
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Yuma! We are happy to have met your needs, and appreciate the recommendation. We hope to see you soon!