“Very Bad Bacon!”

Homewood Suites Yuma
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The only negative is the very bad Bacon the Hilton have. paper thin and tasteless. These are nice Hotels. Rooms are great , when they have the Rasin Bagels I love them. The evening "reception" as they call it is OK if you want a salad and a basic dinner which I generally do.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Yuma! We are grateful for your comments, and are looking for ways to improve our guest experience. We will make every effort to improve our product offerings. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My profession requires me to travel extensively. I typically do "extended stay" type hotels away from my home in Chicago. I typically choose a hotel which offers me the ability to prepare a meal or which is centrally located to shopping food and entertainment. This hotel covers ALL my needs. Additionally, breakfast is included and served daily, as well as Monday thru Thursday, a "welcome home reception" meal is offered. I am talking very good food and the variety is great. The staff in this hotel is absolutely GREAT, however there are two ladies whom I wish to recognize... Michelle and Joy. WOW, what a couple of caring and very attentive professionals. They prepare the meals and keep the food coming to ensure nothing gets low or runs out. I have stayed at many other hotels in the Hilton family, but this is one really exceptional. I can honestly say this "extended stay" type hotel will be a fantastic choice for anyone. It's a very modern and clean hotel which is centrally located to anything you may need. If you're going to visit Yuma AZ for biz or pleasure, book your stay here, you'll be very glad you did. PS: I have stayed in most of the hotels in the area, and it's by far my favorite!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, but I personally prefer the higher floors, away from elevators and to the rear s...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carlos O
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Your comments express exactly the kind of impression we aim to leave on every guest! Thank you for choosing to give our hotel and staff a chance at fulfilling your needs. We will be sure to celebrate the accolades of the team members mentioned, while also sharing your remarks with the entire staff. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel, and of course, for becoming part of the Homewood family!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Homewood suites Yuma was excellent at welcoming us, stayed there a few nights before starting a long trip. The pool was quite impressive, clean and clear and well kept. My room was 302 and equally clean and crisp. The breakfast area was outstanding, the best I've seen in quite a few hotels, food was solid and tasty. Bed was comfortable and all I expected. After a few bad experiences recently with Hilton, this property (first time I stayed at Homewood and it gives Residence Inn and Springhill Suites a run for their money) went a long way with bringing pride to the Hilton name. Location was excellent and if you're staying in Yuma, I recommend you give them a shot! The only drawback was the front desk agent who checked me in, when I arrived at 2:45, she asked me to return in 15 minutes, considering early check in is normally not a problem ,.... bottom line, if a customer arrives 15 minutes early, have not been to a Hilton Property where it was impossible to check in and they had to either wait or come back, this was completely unacceptable to me but I chalked it up to poor training and let it go telling a customer "no, you must return later" is not the way to say hello..... overall, I still recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us! We are happy to hear of your overall satisfaction with our hotel. Please accept our apologies on the arrival experience...we will share your comments with our staff and work towards making the necessary improvements. We hope you had a safe and enjoyable trip, and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were traveling ultimately to California and wanted to break up our road trip. This was a fabulous place to stay for the night that was clean, quiet, had Wifi, and breakfast to enjoy before we hit the road again. The staff was pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for breaking up your trip and making Yuma your stopping point! We hope your overall experience in our community was pleasant, and are grateful that you made Homewood Suites a part of it. Looking forward to your return on the way back!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel was an excellent choice. It is close to the airport, stores, restaurants. The hotel was very clean and the staff were so friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Yuma, AZ area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Your business is very much appreciated. We are also thankful for your recommendation. Come back soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was there for one night and the hotel staff was excellent! The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful with directions and knew the area well. The breakfast and dinner staff were very eager to please. A must stay if in the Yuma area!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We appreciate you staying with us! We are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience, and one way is to have knowledge of area. Thank you for recognizing this effort from our staff! Again, thank you for spending the night with us, and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

First and fore most, I would like to state that the hotel is very nice and clean. The most important thing that I want to say, is that an employe by the name of Michelle Chavez was the best helper of all. She works in the kitchen and is an awesome cook; providing the free meals Monday-Thursday, which was a plus. But I would like to point out the fact that she went above and beyond her duties as the primary chief. Michelle is an awesome person who took the time to make conversation and made me feel not only like a hotel guest but a friend. This woman was so great at making me feel at home. I had a long stay of seven months at this hotel and I have to say I am glad she was around. Being away from family and friends for so long, one might get a little home sick. Michelle was so energetic and friendly I felt as if she was almost like a mother figure to me. I have never stayed in a place where I felt so appreciated to be there. I have to say Michelle played a huge roll in making me feel that way. As I get ready to depart I honestly can say that I am going to miss the warm smile and friendship of Michelle Chavez. I can guaranty that if you stay at the Homewood Suites you will experience the love and friendliness that every traveler deserves. Plus I know that you will enjoy without a doubt, the wonderful cooking of Michelle Chavez.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor near the pool which was great. Easy access to the outside and the laund...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for staying at Homewood Suites! As much as we hate to see you go, we are happy to hear you will be spending more time with family at home. Your comments about Michelle echo what we have been saying all along...MICHELLE IS FABULOUS! The hotel privileged to have her as part of our staff, and the job she does to keep our guests happily fed is simply fantastic. I assure you, we will share your comments with Michelle and the rest of the team, celebrating your remarks. Again, thank you for staying with us, and thank you for recognizing Michelle for a job well done! We'll miss you, my friend!