“Comfortable and clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This hotel is new and on the North end of town in the downtown area. Since I used to live here I felt comfortable with the fact the area is being revitalized and cleaned up. This overlooks the Colorado river and is easy on/off the freeway. There is also a conference building across the parking lot for functions. It was quiet, comfortable and clean. The staff was very helpful, professional and courteous. There are 2 options for breakfast - one is a small, 'cold' all you can eat for $4.99 or the 'hot' plus the 'cold' items and all you can eat for $11.99. Even if you wanted something different for eating any time of day, it is easy to get around Yuma to find food, gas and shopping. I would stay here again. The room price was for the 'off-season' and still a little high I thought, but for one night it was worth it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jeff H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear Safire27 from Flagstaff, AZ,

Thank you for your recent stay with us in Yuma, AZ, and thank you for taking the time to make comments on our Trip Advisor page. Also, thank you for the positive comments about Yuma.. Our mission is to provide you with excellent and comfortable accommodations at a very high level of guest service. Thank you for the positive comments about the hotel, our great food, our breakfast choices and options, our excellent staff and great service. Thank you again for your patronage, and we look forward to hosting you and your group again here at the Hilton Garden Inn - Yuma.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Edgar and Francisco were a delight Francisco the bar tender was quite treat knowledge about the area ---great manners Edgar the manager is quite young to be a manager but he handles it very well They are both keepers A young crew work well together (great team) good idea

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Daniel M from Eagan,

Thank you for your recent stay with us in Yuma, AZ, and thank you for taking the time to make comments on our Trip Advisor page. Also, thank you for choosing us for your business travel. Our mission is to provide you with excellent and comfortable accommodations at a very high level of guest service. Thank you for the positive comments about the hotel,, and our excellent staff, particularly Edgar and Francisco. I have shared your comments with them and they truly appreciate the kind words. Thank you again for your patronage, and we look forward to hosting you and your group again here at the Hilton Garden Inn - Yuma.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed three nights at this wonderful hotel. Service was outstanding. Restaurant was great. You have to try the Won Ton Tacos. The presentation from the daytime chef was very impressive. I regret not taking a picture of this dish. Hotel is very well managed. I needed to ship a crate from the hotel and they accommodated my needs. Thank you for the great stay and I would highly recommend this hotel. Craig

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear 62craig,

Thank you for your recent stay with us in Yuma, AZ, and thank you for taking the time to make comments on our Trip Advisor page. Also, thank you for choosing us for your travel. Our mission is to provide you with excellent and comfortable accommodations at a very high level of guest service. Thank you for the positive comments about the hotel, our great food, our excellent staff and great service. In addition, I have shared your comments about the daytime chef with him, and he appreciates the kind words. Thank you again for your patronage, and we look forward to hosting you and your group again here at the Hilton Garden Inn - Yuma.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Our stay was wonderful, we floated the Colorado River and the float ends at the Hotel. I cannot stay enough good things about this Hotel and their staff. My son and one of his friends went and had breakfast at the resturant and his friend left his money ($60) on the table by mistake. When they returned and asked the waiter if he found it. He stated I am an honest guy and had put it an envelope for him. Wow this doesnt happen often. When we returned to the Hotel in the evening after floating, we had pizza deliver to the pool and had a great time. We stayed in the king suite room and it was very nice and spacious with all the amenties.Thank you to all the Hotel Staff for a great Birthday weekend for my son.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hallchkadee

Dear hallchkadee from Imperial CA,

Thank you for your recent stay with us in Yuma, AZ, and thank you for taking the time to make comments on our Trip Advisor page. Also, thank you for choosing us for your family travel.. Our mission is to provide you with excellent and comfortable accommodations at a very high level of guest service. Thank you for the positive comments about your son leaving his money on the table, and how our trustworthy and excellent staff turned a potentially awful experience into a great one. We appreciate the kind words. Thank you again for your patronage, and we look forward to hosting you and your group again here at the Hilton Garden Inn - Yuma.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed at the HGI Pivot Point multiple times recently around Memorial Day weekend as I was doing some business travel back/forth between San Diego/Yuma/Phoenix. I was happy to arrive each night. The staff was very welcoming, very professional, and very interested in being helpful. This was my 2nd trip to the area, and in the 1.5 years since my first visit, the HGI hadn't lost a step. The Memorial Day weekend crowd was heavy and a little loud, but nothing out of control. The area has some historical interest with the locomotive on display right outside the hotel, and the park on the bank of the Colorado River has drawn a crowd each night I've been there.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms near the pool have a patio door that enters the pool area. Great if you want...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear billgilgert from Indianapolis, IN

Thank you for your recent stay with us in Yuma, AZ, and thank you for taking the time to make comments on our Trip Advisor page. Also, thank you for choosing us. Our mission is to provide you with excellent and comfortable accommodations at a very high level of guest service. Thank you for the positive comments about the hotel and our accommodating and helpful staff. Thank you again for your patronage, and we look forward to hosting you and your group again here at the Hilton Garden Inn - Yuma.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I travel to Yuma two or three times a year on business and I usually stay at the HGI. The rooms are very nice and it is conveniently located close to on-ramps to the highway. While here I usually end up spending many hours in the desert for my job and when I get back I'm tired, hungry, and desperately wanting a beer and the restaurant always hits the spot. I knew the name of the chef but I am unable to remember it right now but he does a GREAT job. I have yet to have a bad meal. They have a happy hour from 5:30-7:30 and the draft beer is half price. There are other drink specials but I just took advantage of the cheap Amberbock. I don't usually eat breakfast but the couple of times I have it was good. It was as good as any other HGI. If you are a Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond the breakfast is free, else you have to pay. If you don't want to eat in the hotel just ask and you can quickly get several suggestions for places to eat.

The hotel has a gym and an outdoor pool. The gym is your standard hotel gym, a couple of treadmills and ellipticals and a stationary cycle. However the weather is usually nice so if you would rather be outdoors there are numerous trails in the area.

Overall the staff have never been anything other than pleasant and helpful and I always look forward to my visits to Yuma.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear oopso from Evansville, IN

Thank you for your recent stay with us in Yuma, AZ, and thank you for taking the time to make comments on our Trip Advisor page. Also, thank you for choosing us for your business travel. Our mission is to provide you with excellent and comfortable accommodations at a very high level of guest service. Thank you for the positive comments about the hotel, our rooms, our excellent staff and great service. Thank you again for your patronage, and we look forward to hosting you and your group again here at the Hilton Garden Inn - Yuma.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The staff were friendly, but the rooms were below par for HGI. Even though it is a newer hotel, the bathtub had chips in it, and the furniture was nicked-up. The top of the cabinet holding the fridge and microwave was never cleaned. Besides the thick coating of dust there were empty cardboard food packages from a previous guest.

I have low expectations when it comes to HGI breakfasts. I receive them free because of my Hilton status, and they are just about worth free. Frankly I am annoyed by the concept of order hot food at the window, collect your own cold food, but have waiter service to bring you the hot food and beverages. This hotel also featured expired yogurts and so fresh looking fruit. The selection of items was below average compared to other HGI's.

The location is nice being on the Colorado River, and near downtown, or what passes for downtown in Yuma.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Los Angeles Dude,

Thank you for your recent stay with us in Yuma, AZ, and thank you for taking the time to make comments on our Trip Advisor page. Our mission is to provide you with excellent and comfortable accommodations at a very high level of guest service. Thank you for the positive comments about our excellent staff and great service. Also, thank you for the comments about the cleanliness in the rooms. I have discussed your comments with our Housekeeping team and they are truly sorry. We truly want to be better than average, so your comments till be used as a means to improve. Thank you again for your patronage, and we look forward to hosting you and your group again here at the Hilton Garden Inn - Yuma.