“Low Key, Imaculate, Comfortable & EXCELLENT staff!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Yuma
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
San Francisco, California
“Low Key, Imaculate, Comfortable & EXCELLENT staff!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Checked in last minute about 8PM this past Labor Day. The young man who checked me in was incredibly friendly & made me feel right at home. Room was clean as could be, absolutely quiet & safe. Morning breakfast & check out staff was just as if not more friendly. Next trip back home this will be my first pick, though I normally do Springhill suites, Wyndham or the Shilo, yhis hotel has DEFINITELY earned my business.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We visited with friends in Yuma and stayed 2 nights at this property. The hotel was very clean, staff was friendly, eating choices nearby, and very quiet even though it was close to the highway. We requested 1st floor and they put us on the end away from the highway which was great. We had no problems and enjoyed our stay. Easy on and off the interstate.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This is a Marriott sister hotel so they do stay competitive with the others. We were greeted with a big smile and welcome. Gave us a higher floor room as requested. We also got the King room with larger space. Had a couch, frig, microwave and extra seating chair and work desk. It was a very comfy room, however the bathroom sink area was very small along with the hanging clothes area which was small and open right opposite the bathroom sink. They gave plenty of room in the room itself but really need extra sink and closet space. The bed was very comfy and room very clean.
The included breakfast bar was very complete with all the breakfast items, fruit, muffins, bagels,waffles,cereals,juice,coffee. Even the breakfast staff lady was very helpful cleaning our tables and plates and handing us beverages to assist everyone along since it was a bit crowded at times. There is a market area off the lobby to purchase snacks,beverages and frozen meals, so they do offer convenience. They also have a nice outdoor pool and fitness room, also plenty of parking in the heart of Yuma.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Roslyn, Washington
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The location of this motel is great. Right off the freeway and close to restaurants (a Cracker Barrel is right across the street). Our room was clean and very comfortable. Did not notice the noise that other reviewers mentioned (we stayed on a weeknight). Staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank I90west
Phoenix
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We checked out and were on our way to San Diego when I realized I had left my $200 Clarsonic face brush in the shower as it was wet and I wanted to let it drain before I packed it. I immediately called the hotel and let them know our room number and the fact that I would be passing back by in 3-days and could pick it up. The front desk called to housekeeping who claimed that nothing was left in the room - not true. It's a shame that housekeeping is exempt from obeying the law, being truthful or honest. The housekeeping manager was no help. I stay at Marriott because I had always believed they were trusthworthy and honest - WRONG!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank KROD777
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Liked:
- Free breakfast
- Free internet (at least for me under my corporate rate)

Disliked:
- Noisy rooms. Paper thin walls (sounds like conversation next door in my room), can hear footsteps above, freeway noticeable if facing it. Can hear hallway traffic and banging doors.
- Basic thin towels and sheets.
- Small tv screen. (20"?)

Was not a terrible stay, but a bit disappointed.

Room Tip: Face pool (back) so don't hear freeway noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 22 April 2011

In June 2010 we made reservations there using an award based program at my work. When we got their it was a fiasco as they did not recognize their own program. My work contacted Marriott and Mariott had them refund my points I spent to get the two rooms and sent me vouchers for two rooms to be used by 7/14/2011. The vouchers came from Liz Gremer/District Manager/ Yuma Marriott Hotels. The vouchers are good only at Fairfield Inns with no exclusion dates. They cannot be used for suites and do not covers taxes or incidentals. We called 4/22 to make reservations and they would not honor them. We called their customer service line and Marcus got the front desk manager to agree to accept the certificates. The Manager then found out and called Marcus back and said they were not giving out free rooms in the middle of their busy season and stated he is not honoring the cetificates. Marriott Fairfield Inn is not honoring their commitment or vouchers all in the name of the $$$. Please do not stay if you can do other-wise.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family