“Poor Customer service”

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Tucson
“Poor Customer service”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed for one night as part of a long road tríp, when we checked in The Room type that was booked over the phone to The hotel directly didnt exist at this property. We HAD to book a third Room and The manager discounted 5 dlls to The prevailing rate (senior) that's how they "managed" their mistake...
The rest of our group stayed at another property and we booked at this hotel only for the bed type offered by The front desk manager who was recently transfered from another marriot property and was told that was probably why she made this confusion. DISSAPOINTING when you split from Your group and you dont get what you were promised.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank TravelerfromArizon
FairfieldInn_Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yuma, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention and we will share your message appropriately.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the nicely remodeled interior of the hotel. Very modern and clean on the inside service was friendly and courteous. The room was comfortable and even somewhat stylish. The bathrooms are a bit on the small side. Very little noise even though it is right next to the highway. Free breakfast is always nice but the food was a bit bland even flavorless (looking at you scrambled eggs) at times. If you are looking for a comfortable night's rest in Yuma with easy access to the highway this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We recently stayed here with our family and my brother-in-laws family. Everything was just perfect right from my initial phone call to Mercedes at the front desk who checked us in before 11:00am because she found some rooms already available, all the way to us coming back and picking up a blanket that we left. It was so much more than I expected from a "budget" hotel. Thats kind of what I considered Fairfield because I'm used to staying at Starwood or Hyatt properties. We received so much value for our dollar that I'm seriously reconsidering my loyalty to SPG and Hyatt. The fact that we had an awesome breakfast everyday, a clean pool w/ plenty of towels, neat and spacious room, every amenity a hotel room should have (fridge, microwave, 2 TV's, pullout sofa, & coffee maker), and such a friendly staff that was willing to help... I can't say enough good things about our stay here. This was all included in our room rate that was more than reasonable! Thank you Fairfield!!!

Room Tip: Everyroom is a suite but our room was on the east side which was very nice because we stayed over th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Granite Falls, Washington
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Yuma Fairfield Inn & Suites ranks among the best in quality of all of the hotels I have stayed at during the last seven weeks I have been traveling around the country by car. What makes this particular hotel stand out from the others is the exceptional service. If I could give this hotel 10 stars for service, I would. I have never encountered such friendly, helpful and welcoming staff in all my travels this summer. Both Alma and Katherine deserve mention here -- they went the extra mile to ensure that I was comfortabe and happy with my stay. When the business center computer wasn't working, Alma jumped in and fixed it for me, all the time with a smile. There are lots of great hotels to choose from, but you really should go with the one that provides the best service. This is the hotel for you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We very much enjoyed staying at this location. They are located very near Highway 8 and only blocks away from a large variety of popular restaurants, movie theater and stores. It is nice to have so many choices of ways to spend the evening.
The staff is very friendly and helpful; the room was immaculate. I was told the rooms were all recently remodeled. My one and only complaint is the extremely small containers of lotion, shampoo and conditioner. It was difficult for me to get anything out of them.
There is free wifi, newspaper and breakfast. There is a large variety of food to choose from. I appreciated the fact that healthy choices were available: real oatmeal in a slow cooker, and turkey sausage for example.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway.
Green Features: Hotel has all the usual practices pertaining to towels and sheets.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We had to make an unscheduled stop in Yuma during our trip from Phoenix to San Diego. This hotel is very close to I-8. The lady at the checkin desk was very friendly and the interior of the hotel is nicely updated. They have free Wi-Fi in the hotel. The room was spacious with an additional living area and TV.
There's a mall close by with plenty of restaurants like Olive Garden and Red Lobster. This Fairfield Inn offers complimentary breakfast which has a decent selection of the usual fare like cereal, toast and fruits and also hot breakfast items like scrambled eggs, oatmeal and turkey sausage. The lady in charge of breakfast was super nice too.

We will certainly stay here if we find ourselves in Yuma AZ ever again.

Stayed June 2014
Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Room was quiet (top floor, furthest away from highway). Great furnishings and very stylish. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express but I had some Marriott points to use up so chose this hotel on my recent road trip. I will definitely consider other Fairfield properties in the future. Front desk staff were very friendly and professional. Almost made me want to stay in Yuma longer!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo