“Nice hotel rooms at reasnable rates”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Yuma
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Regina, Canada
“Nice hotel rooms at reasnable rates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

We stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights in February of 2011 and liked it a lot. The rooms are not huge, but they are clean, modern, and the beds are comfortable. Staff was very helpful and breakfast was adequate. For a bit more money you can stay in the 'sister' hotel behind the Fairfield Inn, called Mariott Spinghill Suites. That is also a similarly nice hotel, with larger rooms, though prices are also somewhat higher. Value-wise, however, the edge goes to the Fairfield in Yuma.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Montgomery, Alabama, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

Stayed in Yuma while supporting operations at Yuma Proving Grounds. The Fairfield Inn was the 5th hotel I called to book rooms for my entire party. The newer properties in Yuma were sold out during the time of my stay. The hotel was in good shape but dated. The beds were substandard and the noise from the highway was easily heard through the walls and windows. Also, the curtains did not close all the way and the bright Arizona sun streamed in unabated and made sleeping difficult after 8 a.m. The continental breakfast was not very good but there is a cracker barrel and a diner within 150 yards of the hotel. The sink and vanity area was quite compact but the overall size of the room was good.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2010

Lovely gold colors from the 90s and a microwave/fridge combo that reminds of your college dorm. Yes I love my Marriott points and sometimes you just have to sacrifice a little by staying at a not so up to date hotel.

Free wireless but not very strong signal sometimes my connection got really slow.....like I said it was the 90's experience!

The night I checked in I was excited to receive a letter telling me that my room will be getting a flat screen that week wooohooo!!! hey sometimes little things like that can make your trip just a little bit better. The letter said:

" We want to inform you that a maintenance staff member assisted by a manager, will be needing to enter your room Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9am and 5pm"

ok so I guess this was a four day project . Well on Tuesday I was up late in a rush and didnt have time to pick up my room so I decided to just place the "Do not disturb" sign.
My expectation of a "Do not disturb" sign is that staff wont come into your room unless there is reasonable suspicion that something is wrong or there is an emergency.
That is how most hotels I have stayed at ( I spend 200+ day on the road) see the sign if it has been place for less than 24 hours.

Well the staff at this hotel does not share this common courtesy shared by most hotels. They went in to install the TV and also went thru my things that I left in the bed. My Ipod touch 64gb and $200 were missing when I came back....They did make the bed. So they not only went into the room to install the TV but also went thru the whole housekeeping routine while I was at work thinking my stuff was safe.

I talked to the district manager she told me that they do not respect the "do not disturb" sign and that the privacy of guest is not important if they need to install the flat screen TV or feel that they have to clean the room . She said that I was wrong to expect ANY privacy by placing the "do not disturb" sign . Wow that was news to me after traveling for so long!!! and spending so many nights with Marriott hotels.

Hmmmmm let me remind you this was Tuesday.....they could have done the TV installation on Wed or Th as stated in the letter. They could have call and left a message saying to make sure the room was available the next day.

I was told that the hotel is not responsible for the taken items. I am out of luck!
I contacted my insurance agent who told me "focus on your job and I will take care of it."

I was very upset but I had to focus on my job and as a road warrior that is what you have to do sometimes regardless of situations like this. Paperwork that is not going to replace the stuff you lost is not worth the time when you are somewhere for business. You just have to move foward

BTW the flat screen TV keeps on freezing every 30 seconds.....what a day!!

Very noisy and you can hear car traffic all night

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank warriortravelgirl
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night. The purpose of my trip was business. I got a good rate at the hotel. This hotel is in a very convenient location to the freeways and it's right across from a large mall with plenty of restaurants to choose from. The hotel is basic as are Fairfield Inns. I have to say that the staff was great and very interested in making sure I was comfortable. It served my purpose well.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

I have been to this location in both Jan and May of this year for work.

Had been warned about the hotels Yuma has to offer, but stuck to my loyalty to Marriott and was very impressed! Clean, comfortable, very nice staff. Would recommend!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

This is a newer facility in a nice area. There are lots of shopping and eating choices surrounding the hotel (show your hotel card-key at Denny's for a 15% cut). The room had 2 queen beds (with 4 pillows on each bed) and was very clean and quiet with free i/net and fridge and stove.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank KentuckyColonel
Cathey's Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2009

If you've read any of my reviews, I usually find the negative things--can't find ANY on this place. It was super in every way! And coming from ME that is highly unusual.

Excellent location close to the freeway, seemingly very new area with other new hotels on the short road. Everything very very clean, super comfy beds, large room, sink area outside of tub/toilet area--I always like that. 80+ channel TV, wonderful "hot" breakfast in a great set-up with lots of room. Very nice lobby and efficient kind desk staff. Thermostatically controlled heat/cooling, very quiet and efficient. Just couldn't ask for anything more.

Yuma's only mall very close; restaurants nearby as is gas. If I had to find anything wrong I'd say the elevator is a little slow and the sink area is a little small--but I am really stretching to find anything negative. If I am ever in Yuma again, I'm not even checking rates anywhere else--I'm staying here. Marriott's senior rate I got was $76.00.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — slow elevator, small sink area--but I'm stretching here to find something even slightly negative
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple