My Dad and I spent a night in Yuma and weren't looking for anything fancy. What we got at the Microtel was far, far less than fancy. The man who checked us in mumbled and was rather expressionless. We didn't actually see the room until we came back later that night. The beds looked decent but the rest of the room was bare with very outdated and well worn furniture. No fridge, or coffee maker (i don't think I've ever been in a hotel without an in-suite coffee maker...even if there is complimentary beverages in the lobby...). The lighting in the room was bizarre. No lamps. Many switches didn't work. One long florescent light over the beds, yes over the beds. Probably the most unsettling aspect of our room was the huge mirrored wall that the beds were against. My Dad cracked a joke about 2-way mirrors and it was honestly the only thing I could think of for the rest of the night.
Yes we could have complained, but we were tired and weren't convinced that any other rooms would be different. Instead, I fell asleep in a mediocre bed with my blanket up to my chin in case someone was looking in on me, listening to the TV playing in the next room. Maybe acceptable for a $60/nt joint, but at $90 something after taxes we felt ripped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham provides guests the best value, comfort, and service in the area. We cater to leisure, commercial, and military/government travel. Our property features a mixture of quality standard rooms and suites at affordable pricing. We are conveniently located in the Yuma Foothills, just off of Fortuna Road and Interstate 8 (exit 12). Our location offers easy access to central Yuma, Marine Corps Air Station Yuma (MCAS), the Yuma Proving Grounds (YPG), Martinez Lake, and more. All stays include complementary: Continental breakfast, in-room wireless and wired Internet, and local and long distance calling with voicemail. Other property amenities include a heated pool and Jacuzzi, fitness room, business center, conference room, and a guest laundry. We are also on-site, inside of a 29 acre shopping center giving access to multiple restaurants and shops with-in walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Yuma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Of Yuma Hotel Yuma
- Microtel Inn And Suites Of Yuma
- Microtel Hotel Yuma
- Yuma Microtel
- Microtel Yuma