“Very Nice Overall”

La Fuente Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 3 February 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights the very end of January. Had to go for dental work in Algodones again, and noticed that the Hampton (across the street) is still not offering AARP rates during the week... so thought we'd try the La Fuente Inn this time around who does give AARP rates during the week. We are glad we did, the one bedroom suite was quite nice, roomy, very comfortable and quite reasonable. We found out that they didn't have feather pillows, so we brought our own... bed was very comfortable. Older place, but very well maintained.... nice pool area and inner courtyard. I can see why this place is so highly rated, we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank surfplace

Reviewed 30 September 2007

My family went to Yuma for a soccer game, and to visit the base that is there. I am not sure why else you would stay in Yuma, it is a small city...but if someone knows something I don't I am open ears...
Anyway , we stopped at La Fuente since it was right off the HWY 8 - What a delight, for the cost of a regular sized room at Best Western, we were able to get a suite, that had a kithchenette. It was nice, since we had kids with us, they had there own tv and sleeper sofa and my husband and I had a great private room seperated by door. I was impressed to say the least, the pool had 6 seperate cabanas and it was a great sized pool, and gas grills(4 of them!!). They service a full breakfast, plenty of ice machines(very important) that were close to each set of rooms.
Me and the kids are thinkin of going back just to get out of Phoenix.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank MeLilMomma
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I travel extensively and always check TripAdvisor reviews to help make my decision of where to stay. Until now it has not failed me. I recently stayed 4 nights at La Fuente while having dental work done in Al Godones, oddly being the best thing about my visit. Let me just start that the hotel surface appearance is a 3 star with nice lobby,breakfast room and pool with lush courtyard. However, under the surface the hotel is the true 1 star rating they have received NOT a three for the following reasons:
*Rude check-in clerk

*All plastic and styrofoam serve ware even in room. I never saw a glass or real utinsil on site (Travel Lodge ???)

*Construction noise started at 6;30 am. I asked the front desk clerk if there was a city ordinanace for construction noise around a hotel she said NO the hotel agreed to it. I said it would have been nice to advise guests prior or at check-in. She could have cared less.

*I requested and received room on upper floor in quiet area with my initial reservation. However, I was placed smack in the middle of a large group of young men partying from free happy hour, banging on doors and yelling from the outside. After a long hot day of dental treatments, No rest for me. I asked to be moved and was offered a room that was a dark hole. I told the clerk I would make arrangements to move the next day to another hotel. She then offered me a lower floor suite. Low and behold elephants were staying above me. I made many phone calls to move, but unlike La Fuente, the Marriotts and Hampton were sold out. I was stuck!

*Front desk staff was rude after I moved rooms and never offered an apology for the intrusive noise.

*The second room had NO cold water. So much for a cool shower to refresh from the heat. Their excuse 2 days in a row of my complaining was the 110 degree heat outside, even after I said it worked fine in the 1st room and my friend staying at Super 8 had cool water. Once again NO apology or resolution, just excuses.

*Happy Hour was a joke unless you like Budweiser, chablis and bottom of the barrell liquors. The food was out by 6pm possibly due to the group of men staying there. The breakfast was fine but the lady that kept it stocked, etc never smiled or greeted anyone except staff.

*I arranged for airport shuttle and they pulled a construction worker to drive the van. He happened to be the most pleasant employee I came across and even spoke good English.

POOR MANAGEMENT and needless to say I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo