“Awesome Stay”

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Yuma, Arizona
“Awesome Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

At the La Fuente Inn, I had a second story, king, "Jr Suite" room. It was really fantastic. The great rate for the room allowed me to stay just over a week without breaking my bank. The premises is very well maintained & I enjoyed the pool/spa access as well as the fitness and laundry facilities. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The housekeeping was exceptional as well; friendly, quick, and thorough. I really enjoyed my stay here ( & the air conditioning! ). My only complaint really would be that I could hear people walking by my window & maintenance trimming the palm trees early in the morning during my stay. But, honestly not a big concern. I would ( & probably will ) stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jenny C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

We arrived very late after driving from Sedona, the check in process was quick and easy and the room was lovely and cool, which as it was 100F+ that day was very welcome. The room was a good size and apart from finding a couple of Silverfish, it was clean. We left fairly early the next day so didn't spend a lot if time here but the facilities looked good. We didn't have the complementary breakfast but opted to walk to Denny's which was right next door.

Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Sue B
Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Well I wouldn't mind just living here.LOL. What a beautiful hotel for an inexpensive rate. Room was great . Walk out the door into a gorgeous courtyard of beautiful flowers and shrubs. The pool was huge and peaceful. We stayed there about 4 days to travel everyday to algodones for dental work. We had a room with another sitting room with sofa couch...And the excercise room was a wonderful plus for me. Didn't want to leave !!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Maureen D
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

My room was fine and the garden area was lovely. However I had filled up the car at Sam's Club across the street, just before checking in. After I checked out the next morning, I was about a mile away when I realized I only had a quarter of a tank of gas left! I gather someone must have siphoned about $40 worth of gas out of my car during the night. I called the hotel to let them know, (the manager wasn't there) and then emailed the manager twice, and I asked if they offered some sort of compensation. But they never responded. So if you stay here, you might want to get a lock for your gas tank!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Meryl Ann B
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

We were in Yuma again and decided to stay at La Fuente again. We were greeted at the front desk by Connie- she is so friendly and remembered us from last time.
The rooms are clean but need some updating. The only problem we had was the WiFi kept dropping in the room and we had to go to the lobby to get on.
The breakfast is great. The rates were higher than last time but maybe that has to do with the time of the year we were there.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the pool and traffic.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Reeny104
Rescue, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

After driving all day, our stay at La Fuente was heaven! The rooms feel a tiny bit dated, but they are clean and a little larger than some ,and the linens in our room had been nicely updated from those in the pictures on the Web site. Ours had a comfortable little sitting area with a couch. What makes this place worth a stop is the pretty and relaxing central courtyard, with much greenery, barbecue pits (the motel will provide the barbecue implements), plenty of places to sit and relax, and a very large pool. The happy hour, with free beer, wine, and mixed drinks, is a bonus that you don't find at other motels. (We were there on a Sunday, but most other days there are hors d'oeuvres as well.) You can take your drink out into the courtyard and either sit quietly on your own and or chat with other guests. The breakfast area is larger and prettier than those in most motels, and there were plenty of options, including a waffle maker. The front desk was helpful at dinner time. Because we were tired after our long day, we were very happy that there was a mall across the street--no more driving!--with several options. It's an outdoor mall with sidewalks and lampposts and trees, which makes for a nice evening stroll. Much less antiseptic than indoor malls but with all the same stores. I recommend this motel highly if you want a break from the big chains.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

This is a modest hotel, fairly priced, well equipped with Internet, fridge, micro and nice size room and clean. No it's not the Ritz but nice and great gardens in the middle of the desert. Best of all was the service was excellent and you can't beat happy hour and breakfast included and generous !!

• Stayed April 2013