“Great Gem in Yuma”

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Los Angeles, California
“Great Gem in Yuma”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have stayed here the last three times I have gone to Los Algodones for Dental treatment. I love the pool area. The rooms are lovely. The breakfast and happy hour are wonderful and the staff is so courteous, friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel in every way. Plus, the location can't be beat....near restaurants, movies, etc. After the dental work, I sometimes want to just zone out, and this place is so relaxing. If I want to see a movie, the theaters are right down the road. You can even walk to Denny's...after my oral surgery I couldn't drive and I got soup. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Downstairs is best because you can sit outside in the garden area
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Liz T, General Manager at La Fuente Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear travelingbobo,
It was nice to see you again at La Fuente Inn! Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return!
Liz Takemoto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have stayed at la Ffuente Inn and Suites many times. It is always a pleasure. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is very business like ane helpful. The center court is wonderful. The room rates a very reasonable especially if you figure in the great breakfast and happy hour. I would recommend La Fuente to everyone.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear countrysinger2013,
Thank you for staying at La Fuente Inn. We appreciate your business! I will be sure to pass along your great comments to our staff. They work hard to keep the property in great condition!
Thanks again,
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We fully enjoyed our two night stay with another couple. The room was very clean and spacious. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We will be staying there on our next visit to Yuma/Algondones area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Alice O,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your business and we are looking forward to your return visit.
Best regards,
las vegas, nv
Reviewed 12 October 2013

After a long day on the road this property was a real find. Friendly front desk staff upgraded us to a deluxe room, actually bedroom and tv/sitting area. Hotel access is totally secured with key protected gates located through out the property. They offer drinks/soft drinks and appetizers during happy hour and breakfast in the mornings making it an excellent value. Beautiful pool and grounds added to the ambience of the hotel. Close to a large mall and a Sam's club where we filled up with gas the next morning. Easy access to the highway had us back on the road quickly. Don't know when we'll be back in Yuma but this hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear LVSCA,
Thank you for choosing to stay at La Fuente Inn. We are happy you found us! Thank you for the kind words and recommending the property on Tripadvisor!
Altadena, California
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Cool place to stay in Yuma, AZ...old building but all very well maintained and clean. Nice quiet pool area with enough towels. Breakfast and happyhour included. There is a mall and many fastfood restaurants - most 24h hour - nearby. Friendly people.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Denis L
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel could not have been better. We arrived at night, and were greated by a very, very, very helpful women in the lobby. She even had fresh apples for us if we wanted. We asked her a number of questions about things we wanted to see the following day, and she was very helpful with that. After we loaded our stuff into the room, we hit the pool, which was still open for a little while. The pool was perfect. There was a family hanging in the pool area, but everyone was respectful. The entire area was clean, and there were plenty of clean towels; even though it was a few minutes before the pool was set to close for the night. In the morning, I headed right in for the complimentary American breakfast. This may be the type of thing regular travelers are used to getting, but it was beyond my wildest dreams (I am a bit of an eater). There was a great selection of cereals, fruits, waffles, etc. They also had omlets. When I finished eating, I had to ask the women (new women) at the desk how to get to the local Catholic Church for 9am Mass, and she could not have been any more helpful. I live on the East Coast, and have stayed in very, very, very expensive hotels in Philadelphia, Boston, etc. This place was much cheaper; much nicer; and the staff was unquestionably the best I have ever encountered. It is going to sound like I am glowing too much about this place, but it COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER!

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the outdoor grills. We didn't use them, but I could imagine that they give of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RAB40AZ
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I am not one for hyperbole but I think this is the perfect hotel. The price is excellent, the rooms are large, almost mini suites, and spotlessly clean. The bed is comfy and there are enough pillows to meet any ones needs. There is a lovely pool in immaculate grounds with a gas fired BBQ facility. I arrived on a whim and I am soooooo glad I didn't drive past. I jumped in the pool and had a shower then went to the bar where it was happy hour, 5-7 all the beer, wines and spirits are included in happy hour and the discount... 100% seriously it's a free bar between 5 and 7 they even throw in a few pizzas for snacks, I almost fainted. The staff are amazing and very friendly. So if you are ever in the area and in need of a place to stay you'd be crazy to go elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple