“What a Getaway!”
Review of The Adobe House

The Adobe House
Ranked #1 of 5 Yuma B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Adobe House, Feb. 24 & 25. We had a spectacular time; the lodging, grounds, food and company were absolutely wonderful. The owner, Kim, made us feel right at home and pampered us to no end. We especially enjoyed the pleasant late afternoon conversation and company, including the friendly four legged ones. Being from Pennsylvania, we escaped the cold and had great sunny weather. We have stayed at many B&B's, and think the Adobe House was the finest we have ever stayed at.

John & Susan

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you John & Susan! Enjoyed having you as guests and I would like to thank you for such a nice review. You are a great couple. Hope you return! Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for The Adobe House

Reviewed 13 February 2013

We stayed at the Adobe House January 2013 for two nights in the Serengeti Room. I mention we were there in January because we are from the sun challenged wet coast of Canada (Vancouver area) and we certainly appreciated the sunshine and spring/early summer weather (15-22 C) Yuma offers. Our room is right beside the swimming pool, which unfortunately, it wasn't really warm enough to appreciate. However, the hot tub was, and that we do recommend! This is a large property, with lots of space to get lost in. There are separate seating areas, landscaping and bbq areas. Surprising to find in the middle of any city.

Kim is a great cook, and a generous host. We enjoyed the late afternoon reception with appies and wine and meeting the other guests. In short, we felt genuinely welcome there.

Breakfasts were a feast, and we were well prepared for the day after a hearty and delicious meal!

Criticism? The one thing I would change or remove, is the swinging door into the toilet. Boy, that is a tight fit! It does follow a cabana type theme being adjacent to the pool, and you have to see it to appreciate it!

Room Tip: Our room (Serengeti) is very generously sized and very comfortable. Any other time of the year woul...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GaryandRos
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

LOL! I will oil the swinging door in the Serengetti Room....85 yrs ago this was an open pool room complete with diving board. So glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back for another visit.
Best regards,

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I live and work in Yuma this time of the year..I'm a travel RN... I as thiking of going to San Diego for the weekend, but then thought, "There must be some cool places closer by to stay." I am so glad I followed that thought and found The Adobe House! EVERY detail is meticulously catered to at this establishment. Kim is an AMAZING chef and seems to effortlessly create masterful cuisine. The eggs benedict for breakfast were the best I've EVER had. The entire property is IMMACULATE! Kim has applied incredible attention to detail to every aspect o the grounds and the interiors of the rooms. I have stayed in many amazing places in my time , from treehouses with heartshaped jacuzzis and fireplaces to railroad cabooses refitted and changed into luxury private suites.....But this place literally took my breath away! Kim...you know what I mean! If your anywhere near Yuma or want an incredible "In Town" getaway....Once your here you will be transported to a "Shangra La" type experience. If you don't believe it....try it and you'll join ALL the other reveiwers on here that can't find enough superlatives.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Bill, thank you for your great review! I am glad you enjoyed your "staycation". Enjoyed you and Sarah's company. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I hope you come back! Its guests like you that allow me to LOVE WHAT I DO! Best Regards.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

My sisters and I took my mom to the adobe house for her75th birthday. Kim and Russell were amazing host,we wanted for nothing! Bailey's and coffee by the fire after dinner in town. Loved just talking to Kim and Russell. Breakfast and happy hour were amazing. Clean,clean,clean. Feel as though we made 2 new friends cannot wait for the next visit! P.S her animals are adorable.

• Stayed: November 2012
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Thank you ladies! You are all a number one class act! You have a great mother and it shows in the daughters she has. Please come back and visit The Adobe House.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

We just spent 2 nights at the first of Jan with Kim & Russell .It was great ,We had 4 couples in our group from Canada and just loved it . My wife and I had the pool room .What a perfect room to wake up in .Kim sent us to one of the best resturants we had ever been in and her own breakfast's where second to none .The visiting ,the city ,the happy hours will be remembered for a long time .
Thanks again KIm

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dixie70745
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Thank you my Canadian friends! You were a great group of people and I hope that we will meet again someday. Miss you already as well. Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 November 2012

We just returned from a much needed 2 day getaway at the magnificent Adobe House! From the moment we walked into this sanctuary, we were welcomed with open arms & instantly felt comfortable & relaxed. The grounds are stunning, many private areas to enjoy, lovely pool, hot tub, grills for cooking if you like. Kim & Russell were the perfect hosts, always there for you! Our room was huge, impeccably clean, as was the entire property and very cozy! The attention to detail was absolutely amazing, not a stone left unturned. The meals were fantastic and the afternoon get together with fine wine and appetizers was really great. My husband & I travel extensively& have stayed in many fine places but honestly, this takes the cake! Absolute perfection in every way and add such genuine, kind and FUN Hosts! It was difficult to leave but made easier knowing we will be back ASAP! Also loved Yuma, found the people extremely nice, markets full of beautifully displayed fresh fruits/veg, lovely Farmers Market, amazing Medjool dates, fresh warm tortillas, beautiful mountains and scenery, go see for yourself, you won't be disappointed! Thank you so much Kim & Russell, Happy Thanksgiving!

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautiful! We were first to arrive so able to peek at all. 2 very large suites...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mobehrens
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Thank you Mo for your very kind words. Enjoyed you and your husband's company. Please come back and visit! Enjoy your trip to New Zealand!
Best Holiday Wishes,

Reviewed 15 November 2012

This was my first stay in a B & B so I didn't know what to expect. Kim greeted me and was warm and welcoming. Our get together glass of wine ended up be over 2 hours. Kim and Russell treat you as friends so it's easy to chat and linger. I was the only one staying these 2 days and it rained most of it. So I stayed in and did a lot of visiting with Kim. She was great to suggest a dinner place on my first night and they invited me to dine with them the next evening. It went by fast but was so nice to get away.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank dogoner
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Thank you for staying at The Adobe House. I enjoyed your company...can't believe it was raining..forgot what that's like in Yuma. Come back again!
Best Regards