“If you can't stay at your house STAY AT KIM'S”
Review of The Adobe House

The Adobe House
Ranked #1 of 4 Yuma B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“If you can't stay at your house STAY AT KIM'S”
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

This is mine and my husbands 2nd trip to The Adobe House B&B. Each time Ilove it more and more. Kim and Russel treat you as friends and family even. We went this year for my husbands birthday and introduced some friends to the Adobe House. They loved it and everyone had a great time from the moment we arrived to our sad departure. Well rested, well fed, and can't wait to return. Well worth the money and you leave with a new place to call HOME.

• Stayed March 2013
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Can't wait for another event that you all can celebrate! Your friends were terrific and well.....you guys go without saying. Thank you for being wonderful guests and thank you for such a good post on Tripadvisor. Hope to see you this summer.
Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is our second of what I hope will be many visits. This is a bit of heaven in the middle of the dessert, with Kim and Russell as the "angels" taking care of you. Home is beautiful in every way. I am inviting Kim to come be my decorator. The rooms are just plain fun , the breakfast is fabulous, and the happy hour is a a visual and taste treat. We watched the sun set over the desert with Kim and Russell while sitting in the garden of Eden. Nirvana!

Richjan

Room Tip: Serengetti is quiet, full of light, perfect for a couple and just a step from the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Rick and Jan, thank you for coming back to The Adobe House! It was great to see you both and to hear about your adventures present and past. I am going to get to Cleveland and be your guest, I promise. Happy Trails and thank you again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed for a single night in March, and I had to be dragged away kicking and screaming. Such a sumptuous paradise right smack dab in the middle of one of the hottest places in the USA. Our room, right next to the pool, was designed like a luxurious safari oasis. Kim is a thoughtful hostess and a fantastic cook. We were extremely well fed both at breakfast and at the afternoon happy hour. The grounds are sensational, and we spent plenty of blissful hours sampling the various seating areas and inspecting the exotic gardens. How is it possible to grow such luscious tropical plants in Yuma? We adored the pool and the sweet pets. We would love to come back and stay for ages. The Adobe House is perfect for honeymooners and anyone who wants to bask in a stunning property. Kathy and Les.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 769KathyS
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Les and Kathy, thank you for such a nice review. I keep saying how blessed I am to be doing this and meeting such gracious and interesting people. Enjoy your summer and when the rain gets to be too much, you know where to come back to. Best Regards,
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Adobe House, Feb. 24 & 25. We had a spectacular time; the lodging, grounds, food and company were absolutely wonderful. The owner, Kim, made us feel right at home and pampered us to no end. We especially enjoyed the pleasant late afternoon conversation and company, including the friendly four legged ones. Being from Pennsylvania, we escaped the cold and had great sunny weather. We have stayed at many B&B's, and think the Adobe House was the finest we have ever stayed at.

John & Susan

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you John & Susan! Enjoyed having you as guests and I would like to thank you for such a nice review. You are a great couple. Hope you return! Best Regards,
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We stayed at the Adobe House January 2013 for two nights in the Serengeti Room. I mention we were there in January because we are from the sun challenged wet coast of Canada (Vancouver area) and we certainly appreciated the sunshine and spring/early summer weather (15-22 C) Yuma offers. Our room is right beside the swimming pool, which unfortunately, it wasn't really warm enough to appreciate. However, the hot tub was, and that we do recommend! This is a large property, with lots of space to get lost in. There are separate seating areas, landscaping and bbq areas. Surprising to find in the middle of any city.

Kim is a great cook, and a generous host. We enjoyed the late afternoon reception with appies and wine and meeting the other guests. In short, we felt genuinely welcome there.

Breakfasts were a feast, and we were well prepared for the day after a hearty and delicious meal!

Criticism? The one thing I would change or remove, is the swinging door into the toilet. Boy, that is a tight fit! It does follow a cabana type theme being adjacent to the pool, and you have to see it to appreciate it!

Room Tip: Our room (Serengeti) is very generously sized and very comfortable. Any other time of the year woul...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GaryandRos
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
LOL! I will oil the swinging door in the Serengetti Room....85 yrs ago this was an open pool room complete with diving board. So glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back for another visit.
Best regards,
Mtn Home, AR
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I live and work in Yuma this time of the year..I'm a travel RN... I as thiking of going to San Diego for the weekend, but then thought, "There must be some cool places closer by to stay." I am so glad I followed that thought and found The Adobe House! EVERY detail is meticulously catered to at this establishment. Kim is an AMAZING chef and seems to effortlessly create masterful cuisine. The eggs benedict for breakfast were the best I've EVER had. The entire property is IMMACULATE! Kim has applied incredible attention to detail to every aspect o the grounds and the interiors of the rooms. I have stayed in many amazing places in my time , from treehouses with heartshaped jacuzzis and fireplaces to railroad cabooses refitted and changed into luxury private suites.....But this place literally took my breath away! Kim...you know what I mean! If your anywhere near Yuma or want an incredible "In Town" getaway....Once your here you will be transported to a "Shangra La" type experience. If you don't believe it....try it and you'll join ALL the other reveiwers on here that can't find enough superlatives.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Bill, thank you for your great review! I am glad you enjoyed your "staycation". Enjoyed you and Sarah's company. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I hope you come back! Its guests like you that allow me to LOVE WHAT I DO! Best Regards.
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My sisters and I took my mom to the adobe house for her75th birthday. Kim and Russell were amazing host,we wanted for nothing! Bailey's and coffee by the fire after dinner in town. Loved just talking to Kim and Russell. Breakfast and happy hour were amazing. Clean,clean,clean. Feel as though we made 2 new friends cannot wait for the next visit! P.S her animals are adorable.

• Stayed November 2012
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Thank you ladies! You are all a number one class act! You have a great mother and it shows in the daughters she has. Please come back and visit The Adobe House.