“Fourth Visit to an Oasis in the Desert”
Review of The Adobe House

The Adobe House
Ranked #1 of 5 Yuma B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We so enjoyed our get away to this beautiful site. Kim has created a welcome, warm and relaxing retreat. The town of Yuma is not a destination place for many, but we came to this place just for the three days of rest and relaxation. Ann and Tom

Room Tip: Each room is distinctive. We've stayed in all but one. The details and decor are exceptional.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank atcarlyle
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you Tom and Ann....you are absolutely the best! Enjoy your company always..

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Cannot say enough about this property & the owner. We had such a special weekend at the Adobe House, made new friends & cannot wait to return when the weather is a little cooler. The grounds are beautiful, the food was magnificent & the hospitality was unforgettable. I literally cried when when I drove away.

Thank you for making us feel right at home, Kim...Can't wait to see you again, we promise not to drink all of your wine :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank FPSD07

LOL! I will always have plenty of wine for your next visit.....Thank you!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

40 some years ago, I was a USMC pilot in Yuma; never thought I'd ever voluntarily
go back. But a reunion was held there in April, and I started looking for places to stay. Really didn't
want a chain hotel, and happened to find the Adobe House.
In short, the grounds make you feel like you're more in Maui then in Yuma. The 4 rooms are unique; we stayed in the Nautilus room. Very quiet and peaceful, with a furry friend on the
doorstep when we'd wake up. It opens up to the lovely grounds in the back.
There is no noise at all from roads, as you're quite a distance from them. All we ever
heard was the pleasant sound of the water feature near our door.
Oh, being a B&B means you get breakfast. Kim doesn't fix basic eggs and oatmeal; she prepares
a different gourmet delight every morning. Being one who takes breakfast seriously, I was
thrilled. Kim is a fun hostess, and the overall experience was one of the
best "away from home" stays I've ever had. And that includes 30 years as an airline pilot staying
in places all over the world.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Wow! I don't know really how to respond, what a compliment coming from someone who has travelled the world and had such good things to say about The Adobe House. Your were great guests and your friends that visited were a real pleasure as well. I hope you come back to visit me. Thank you so much for your about the top review!!! Once again blessed by great guests!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband and I recently were fortunate enough to discover the Adobe House! Kim has created an oasis that allows you to get away, relax, enjoy and have fun! The rooms, grounds and food have all been created with incredible attention to detail and Kim and Russell were great hosts from the time we arrived until the time we left. Truly a one of a kind that I was so surprised to find in Yuma, AZ. You would love every minute of your time at the Adobe House and we look forward to our next visit. Thanks Kim and Russell for a very memorable weekend!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

I seem to respond the same with each review!! I am so blessed to have every great guest pass thru the door of The Adobe House, All I can say, is "thank you, thank you, thank you!! It really is the guests that make this place so great!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stayed here in July 2012 on business as Yuma was my stopping point between Phoenix and San Diego.

I was not expecting much when I came to Yuma, but this B&B is absolutely fantastic. The cottages are really funky, clean and awesome. And the owners are completely fantastic.

It almost feels like you're staying at home. If your home is a beautifully decorated art compound with guest houses. Do not stay anywhere else in Yuma.

I have no idea why anyone would choose to stay in the boring bland motel/hotel chains that line the main road in Yuma one after another, while you could stay here. This is a NO BRAINER.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for your nice review. I am glad you liked your stay at The Adobe House, Yuma's hidden secret. I hope you come back for another stay.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2013

My sister and I had a wonderful time with Kim at The Adobe House. It is a fantastic place to stay when you are in the Yuma area. We appreciated the beautiful surroundings and the great service. The spa experience was unforgettable!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Thank you Becky for your kind review. It was great meeting your sister and I am glad you girls enjoyed the wine and hot tub. I know I did...Best Wishes,

Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

This is mine and my husbands 2nd trip to The Adobe House B&B. Each time Ilove it more and more. Kim and Russel treat you as friends and family even. We went this year for my husbands birthday and introduced some friends to the Adobe House. They loved it and everyone had a great time from the moment we arrived to our sad departure. Well rested, well fed, and can't wait to return. Well worth the money and you leave with a new place to call HOME.

• Stayed: March 2013
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Can't wait for another event that you all can celebrate! Your friends were terrific and well.....you guys go without saying. Thank you for being wonderful guests and thank you for such a good post on Tripadvisor. Hope to see you this summer.
Best Regards,