“I was expecting more” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 250 Restaurants in Yuma
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Savannah, Georgia
“I was expecting more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

For a city so near the Mexican border, I thought I would get a memorable meal. It's not that the food here was bad, it's that it was just so average. It's what I would expect of a Mexican place in Ohio or Kansas, not southern Arizona.

We walked in with a group of 11, but since it was 5:00 on a Monday and there were only 4 or 5 tables taken I thought we would get good, fast service. Wrong. The servers were nice but it took almost 15 minutes to take our order, then more than 30 to get our food. I got offered a drink refill a grand total of one time. The food was standard cheese & sauce covered tortillas, and the margaritas were unusally small.

After having spent a few nights in Yuma, I can assure you there are much better places to get dinner.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank pudgeUSAF

Bakersfield, California
“Nice stop for drink and appetizer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

We had been driving and touring around Yuma when we spotted this place. Sounded good to stop and have a margarita and appetizer. We sat in the bar and got a margarita on the rocks, which was good and ordered Nachos. Didn't pay much attention at 1st, after ordering, but then noticed that when we ordered the bartender had asked if we wanted a dozen. When they arrived, very strange looking but very good. They were round tortilla chips, 12, with cheese on all, melted, and each topped off with a sliced jalapeno pepper. It was good and we ate the whole thing, even the pepper. This appetizer comes with either 6 or a dozen. We did look around at the restaurant and the meals we saw looked really good, don't know about the taste.

• Visited February 2013
Canada
“Great first-time experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

When I first walked into this restaurant, at around 830-9pm, I saw that they were cleaning and getting ready to close, which I was surprised, because it was Saturday night.
There were only two other customers sitting at the bar. I asked if it was too late to grab ourselves a meal, without hesitation the Waitress said "Yeah! No problem, grab a seat and I'll bring out the menu".

The Waitress looked a bit tired, she seemed that she wanted to go home, but didn't push us in any way or make any signs that we needed to rush and finish our food faster.

I ordered a draught of "Pacifico" beer and had a "1946 Chimichanga". I'm no expert on Mexican-style food and I don't eat it everyday, but I do have to say that it was extremely delicious! Which is why I'm confused with some of the reviews on here, saying some people didn't have a very tasty meal. Maybe I just got lucky?
The meal portion was massive! I only finished half the plate. Not to mention the prices, I paid 13$ for my beer and my meal, that's unheard of back home or to most other places I've visited in the States.

I wished that it could have been a little busier and stay open a little later, especially on a Saturday night, but what can you do? Applebee's profitted on the rest of the night.

Based on my experience, I would return in the future.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jordan I
yuma
“we used to go once a week,now we go once a year”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

very sad,all the chretins original waitresses are gone..........the buffet is terrible,,,the once famous nachos are little and cheap......the last taco I had ,I had to take it back.......it smelled bad.....it is very sad that they are no longer worth going to.....they have forced us to go elsewhere.......

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank rickcasi
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“who do I have to sleep with to get a refill on water?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

This is the only mexican restaurant opened on Mondays in Yuma. It probably is the worst mexican I have ever had. My boyfriend had a chimi and was sick all night. The service is one of the worst i have ever experienced. We were visiting with friends so once the bill was paid and she got her tip we never saw her again. Hello, we are still your customers, water please I am in the desert here.

• Visited November 2012