“Ecletic fish house meets "Cheers" in the Arizona Desert !”
Review of River City Grill

River City Grill
Ranked #5 of 257 Restaurants in Yuma
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: RIVER CITY GRILL In our 17th Year of Celebrating Fine Food & Service Welcome to River City Grill. We offer a unique menu based on the regional cuisines of the Mediterranean, Pacific Rim, India and the Caribbean; with an emphasis on fresh fruit and vegetable sauces, whole grains and exotic spices - foods that are naturally low in fat and rich in flavor. We serve wild river salmon, halibut & true cod from Alaska, naturally raised beef, Kobe burgers, as well as house made bread and desserts. We take great pride in our talented staff and hope your experience with us is a happy one.
Seaford, Virginia
“Ecletic fish house meets "Cheers" in the Arizona Desert !”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Wow, never thought I would find a place like this in Yuma, AZ. Up to this point I thought Yuma was just a Furr's cafeteria and chain steakhouse kind of place catering to Marines and snow bird retirees in the RV parks. We went here due to reviews on Tripadvisor and it is great. This is the kind of place you find in Taos or Santa Fe or maybe even Greenwich Village or the theater district in NYC, NOT the middle of the Sonoran desert. I didn't think there was enough sophistication in Yuma for a place like this to stay open; but it has for 14 years. It is kind of small (30 seats) but VERY friendly. We saw locals being greeted by name with a hug. The reviews said they were noted for martinis - YEP, my lemontini was perfect, good wine - YEP, my wife's Reisling was perfect and fish/seafood - YEP, my seafood alfredo was great (crab, shrimp, scallops, salmon, and cod tossed with veggies in linguini) and my wife's apricot crusted salmon was great. The roasted pepper bisque was OUTSTANDING! We chose crème brulee and sweet potato pecan pie for take home desserts. GO there, you will NOT be disappointed if you like great food and friendly service in a unique atmosphere. If you think the "Texas Roadhouse" is the best restaurant in town; stay away because you won't like it.

• Visited August 2014

“Went here after reading Tripadvisor reviews”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I really love this place, the food was really good, three of us tried out the restaurant, the waitress was very attentive, will definitely come back, the next time I am in Yuma.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jumpingchula
Hubert, North Carolina
“Great ambiance”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The food and wine list were excellent and the staff was super friendly. It's a cozy little restaurant off the beaten path. They offer gluten free options which is a huge plus!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank 1TinaG2014
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“River City Grill, Yuma, Arizona”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Found this little gem totally by accident today while looking for a place to get a salad. Small homey atmosphere. Great for a business lunch. Great menu, fair prices, nice size portions, friendly staff. I would consider this to be one of Yuma's best kept secrets. I hope we can change this from a well kept secret to a well known restaurant hot spot. If you are in Yuma, you need to check them out!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ge0rgetravels
Litchfield Park, Arizona
“Just OK”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I ate here on a trip to Yuma. I showed up early before the crowd around 5:15 pm. Service was good as I was one of three tables. I ordered the Shrimp Pad Thai and an ice tea. The SPT was ok. The noodles were swimming in the sauce. It did not taste bad, just way to much. I did get 8 decent sized shrimps, except they were over cooked. That's better then under cooked, but could have been better. Not a ton of options in Yuma, wished this one was better.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TexGX

Been to River City Grill? Share your experiences!