“Comfort food sometimes trumps fancy cuisine”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #10 of 254 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Coronado, California
“Comfort food sometimes trumps fancy cuisine”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Wherever I go, if there is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant, I can get a good meal at a good, affordable price. The Cracker Barrel in Yuma, Arizona, is a mainstay of the chain in the Southwest. Good food, good service, good price, GOOD GRIEF! Don't expect alcoholic beverages, but when it comes to "down home"dining, you are already home.

• Visited March 2014

Coquitlam, Canada
“It was OK”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Group of 8 attending on a Saturday dinner service. Wait time was as expected (15-20 minutes).
Restaurant was clean. Once seated, service was prompt. All questions answered and 8 different orders placed. For some reason, 4 of the 8 orders were delivered with the other 4 waiting close to 5 minutes for their orders.
Food presentation is average (perhaps matching the expected home style). All orders were correct. Some of the accompanying vegetables were (over) cooked to a point of being soft. Good value dinner options with most selections priced below $10.

• Visited March 2014
Nevada
“Needs an overhaul”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We ate at Cracker Barrels before at different locations. This location needs attention all around. All 3 of us had problems with our food. One person ordered steak medium, it was very black and overdone to say the least. I had breaded shrimp which was good except it had many just battered tails, somewhere the shrimp part got lost during shipment from the source company. The green beans were mush from either a cheap grade or so long in the metal cook pot and from being scooped out all day that they got chopped up in pieces, it tasted like metal too. The other person got the chicken with that white "country gravy"-- he could not eat it, it was goo-like and his mashed potatoes and my "hashbrown (casserole??), that was like glue and hard from sitting out in the kitchen for too long. I will add that I spoke to the lady manager who seemed aware of certain items we had complained about and assured me that there will be a change, she was very nice. They do need a cook/chef with recipes. The hard chairs are very uncomfortable to sit on and are meant for teenagers not adults, they are narrow and need padding. The waiter was "in a hurry" we all felt rushed, but he could of had too many tables to wait on. We left hungry. I'm not sure if I would come back to this one, many other places to choose from, but maybe in a few years after they get the "new" cooks. The place was clean from what I saw and nice décor. They have a unique gift shop like the others in the chain.

• Visited February 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“A few glitches, but very good”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Our waitress was a little delayed in serving us, but she apologized profusely. Something had definitely happened because she looked upset, however she was very professional and handled our group of 4 very well. The guys had chicken fried steak, the other gal had fried chicke and I had catfish. The kitchen mixed up the fried chicken and fried steak, and the server seemed confused, but we fixed that quickly. We just switched the meats since the sides ordered were right. My catfish was a smaller portion, but that is exactly what I wanted.... Too many restaurants have these huge portions. The chicken fried steak was declared very good. And the waitress was very good considering she indicated there was an issue she had to resolve and the business of the restaurant. Will definitely go back... And I normally don't care for chains that much.

• Visited February 2014
Mesa, Arizona
“Typical chain restaurant food.”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Had supper at the Cracker Barrel in Yuma and was not impressed. Pork chop was tough and dry. Vegetables and biscuits were adequate.

Not my favorite place to go.

Visited February 2014

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!