“Best freshest food in town!!”
Review of MI Fajita - CLOSED

MI Fajita
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gilroy, California
“Best freshest food in town!!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I live in the Foothills in the winter and I have found this restaurant to be a good find. The Chiles rellenos are house made and fresh. The fajita's have real meat, as in white meat chicken and tender steak, not thinly sliced tough chewy meat found at most places around town. The owner Steve is actually a fun guy once you get to know him. I have toured the kitchen and found it clean and full of fresh vegetables, very few cans!!. I tried a piece of the beer battered fish they have every night on their all you can eat fish and chips and it was legit. ( excellent ).
Steve C.

1 Thank Steve C

Yuma, Arizona
“Rude, Bully , Unprofessional Owner”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

OMG, I've never been in a restaurant when the "boss/owner" actually called one of his waitresses over and proceeded to humiliate her in front of the entire room of customers. This was only because he read the menu one way and she and our party of four read it another. The difference in money was less than a dollar but you would have thought we were asking for free meals. The menu is confusing but he was determined to have us read it his way. The poor waitress didn't know what to say so the boss continued to pound her into submission, although I don't think he was successful. What a jerk! We will not eat there again. He got so flustered that he told a young couple passing by on way to pay their bill to "shut up" in a loud voice that scared me and our group. I haven't figured out what they did or said to deserve that. His behavior is questionable and, quite frankly, scary. Time for big bully to retire……. LT

Coquille, Oregon
“Not Really!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

If you try this place, your dining companions with be a lot of old folks (who have little idea what real Mexican food should taste like) - you'll not find one Hispanic soul! But they're open on Sunday night, which is the reason why we were there. I've often heard that many Yuma restaurants benefit from the fact that most available kitchen staffers are Mexican, and they all seem to do well in the kitchen environment - if allowed some freedom and creativity - but since this place is modeled after the all too typical American idea of what a Mexican restaurant should be, I'll be the kitchen boss is a gringo.

If you are seeking the real thing, keep looking - however, if you are looking to join the geriatric social crowd, it is alive and well here!

1 Thank drfugawe
Yuma, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save your money”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I am a resident of yuma and I decided to try this place with my family. It was horrible. They are so over priced for how little food you get. My fiancé got a shredded beef burrito which he said tasted like a mystery meat. My grandmother got enchiladas and she said the red sauce was just horrible. I played it safe and went with a bean and cheese burrito, it was disgusting. I don't understand how you can make a bean and cheese taste so bad. I ordered guacamole to make it better and that was a bad idea. It had no flavor and it tasted like something they squeezed out of a packet. Save yourself time and money and eat elsewhere. Mr gs, chilli pepper, or mi ranchero are the best places for Mexican food and they're cheap cheap cheap.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Foodfanatic1207
Yachats, Oregon
“Gyros at the Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Mom had the chimichanga with red sauce and quite enjoyed it, I had the gyro and it was good as well. Atmosphere is open and has many tv's for those that love sports. I didn't care for the salsa, but I like mine spicy. Service was excellent!