“Dinner was 'OK'”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Eaten at Mi Fajita a number of times over the last 3 winters. Tonight the restaurant was half full and we were both acknowledged and seated proptly. Ordering was also quick as was the arrival of our food shortly thereafter. Have to say the food looked and tasted 'OK' and warranted an average rating.

While rating overall experience as average, Mi Fajita does offer a number of good value specials for dinner (and breakfasts as well).

Reviewed 14 February 2014

My family and I tried this restaurant a couple of weeks ago. Will not be going back. Service was awesome but the food was horrible. Very bland and not authentic. Canned beans, boxed rice from Food City. I can make better at home.

1  Thank Bridget J
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I live in the Foothills in the winter and I have found this restaurant to be a good find. The Chiles rellenos are house made and fresh. The fajita's have real meat, as in white meat chicken and tender steak, not thinly sliced tough chewy meat found at most places around town. The owner Steve is actually a fun guy once you get to know him. I have toured the kitchen and found it clean and full of fresh vegetables, very few cans!!. I tried a piece of the beer battered fish they have every night on their all you can eat fish and chips and it was legit. ( excellent ).
Steve C.

1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 27 January 2014

OMG, I've never been in a restaurant when the "boss/owner" actually called one of his waitresses over and proceeded to humiliate her in front of the entire room of customers. This was only because he read the menu one way and she and our party of four read it another. The difference in money was less than a dollar but you would have thought we were asking for free meals. The menu is confusing but he was determined to have us read it his way. The poor waitress didn't know what to say so the boss continued to pound her into submission, although I don't think he was successful. What a jerk! We will not eat there again. He got so flustered that he told a young couple passing by on way to pay their bill to "shut up" in a loud voice that scared me and our group. I haven't figured out what they did or said to deserve that. His behavior is questionable and, quite frankly, scary. Time for big bully to retire……. LT

Reviewed 6 January 2014

If you try this place, your dining companions with be a lot of old folks (who have little idea what real Mexican food should taste like) - you'll not find one Hispanic soul! But they're open on Sunday night, which is the reason why we were there. I've often heard that many Yuma restaurants benefit from the fact that most available kitchen staffers are Mexican, and they all seem to do well in the kitchen environment - if allowed some freedom and creativity - but since this place is modeled after the all too typical American idea of what a Mexican restaurant should be, I'll be the kitchen boss is a gringo.

If you are seeking the real thing, keep looking - however, if you are looking to join the geriatric social crowd, it is alive and well here!

1  Thank drfugawe