“Great Seafood”

Cuisines: Mexican
Bellville, Ohio
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've lived in Yuma for well over 14 years and we just found out about this place several months ago. They have excellent shrimp cocktails and their seafood is very good. The shrimp cocktails have onions and cucumbers in them, along with a juice that sort of tastes a little bit like clamato. It's not your typical shrimp cocktail. My family loves the food there!

• Visited June 2014

Borrego Springs, California
“Mexican seafood at its best.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stopped for lunch on our way home from Tucson. It's located in the back of a strip mall and a little hard to find but step inside to one of the best Mexican restaurants we've found.
The place is clean, clean, clean; service is the very best ( the waitress even gave me a moist cloth to get some salsa off my shirt); the menu is large and there are photos of may of the entrees; each table has a lazy-susan filled with different hot sauces, including a chili pequin that will start a fire in your mouth.
I had a garlic fish fillet; my wife had a fabulous shrimp ceviche. Mine came with a salad that had a house made cilantro/lime dressing that was excellent. Also, be sure to trip their house salsa.
We shall return and return and return.

• Visited June 2014
Columbus, Georgia
“Mleh, not what we expected.”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Reading the reviews I was excited to go eat there since I had Mexican seafood on my mind. When we got there it smelled really good and clean in there and the decor was nice. However, I thought it was odd that they didn't automatically bring you free chips and salsa, you had to pay $5 for them. We ordered them anyways, because what's Mexican without chips and salsa?! It was good, and the salsa had a lot of flavor, but it was kind of watery. We ordered our the large shrimp cocktail to share, and when it came out of was nothing like I expected...at all. It was not like typical Mexican shrimp cocktail with pico, avocado, shrimp, and swimming in a tastey red sauce. This one had cucumbers and onion in what looked to besome sort of orange sauce. I was bummed. For $15 it was a sure let down. But I must add, the shrimp were GIANT. So that was cool. I ordered a shrimp taco and a carne asada taco. The first bite into the carne asada taco was grizzle, but after getting a second taste I realized that the steak had zero flavor. Like none, whatsoever. Bummer! The shrimp taco had a lot of flavor, however. The only let down was that the shrimp were fried and not grilled like I was hoping. My hubby had the fish tacos and he said they were good, fried, but good. And he loved the tortillas that they were served in. If you go, just stay away from the carne asada tacos, and know that if you get fish its probably fried, heads up! Overall the service was exceklwnd and our waitress Kaitlyn was a sweetheart.

Visited May 2014
Modesto, CA
“Pricey, but delicious!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were surprised to see the number of working people there for lunch as we found the food expensive. There isn't a lunch menu. Service was fast and courteous.

Visited March 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“A gem hidden in back of a strip mall”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

What an absolute surprise!!! Hubby ordered the whole red snapper and I had the breaded fish!! Wow..very good. But be warned.. Mine came with just a salad, rice and tortillas, hubbies came with rice and tortillas. So if you want beans or in some cases a salad, this has to be ordered separately. However it was very good. Both meals were very big and we really were full by the time we were through. He only thing I would criticize is the waitress asked if we wanted appetizers before we even looked at the menu,and it took quite a while before we got refills of ice tea.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Mariscos Mar Azul? Share your experiences!