“BEST DATE SHAKE EVER!!!!”

Martha's Gardens Medjool Date Farm
Ranked #3 of 45 things to do in Yuma
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“BEST DATE SHAKE EVER!!!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I signed up for my husband and I to take the farm tour at 10:30 .Our tour guides name was Jason. That is the owner's son and it felt like a family tour:) After our very informative tou,r we decided to stay and enjoy lunch. I ordered a gourmet turkey sandwich. My husband decided to enjoy their famous chicken salad sandwich and soup combo. We both could not resist the BEST DATE SHAKE EVER!!!!!We decided to take a seat on the patio outside by the beautiful date palm fountain. Such a relaxing and enjoyable place. We will be back very soon with our friends!!!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Kristin W

Ottawa, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Yummy”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We went on the farm tour and learned so much about farming dates. it is certainly laborious. The commentator is the son the owner and was so knowledgeable and helpful. Also the free samples of dates were totally scrumptious.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank marilyn f
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Dates in Town!!!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I love this place! I love taking my family here. They have excellent Dates and a friendly staff! If you want a tour and would like to know more about what you eat, go see Jason!!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank 2StateTraveler
Calgary
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Martha's Gaarden”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Went to Martha's date farm today for the 10:30 tour as advertised. Found that the tour did not run if there was less then 10 people. We were 8. At this time of year there is little to no activity on the farm. Harvest is in August/ September . The only thing open was the gift shop. This is a good place to shop for products made in this area. Dates of course, honey, syrups etc.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank CalgaryChristine
New Gloucester, Maine
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Get your Dates Elsewhere”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We visited the farm just after Thanksgiving. Had a couple of nice date samples in their store, and signed up for a tour the following week. The sign up sheet for the tour clearly said they needed ten people to do the tour and to call before to make sure there where enough people. We called the morning of the tour(two couples), where put on hold and then told there where not enough on the list but we should call again as the person who gave the tours sometimes gave them with less than 10. We did call again, but the tour giver was elsewhere and the woman I talked to took my phone number and said she would have him call me with a yes or no. We never got the call back.
When we were in the store we had picked out several gift boxes to send back to New England as Christmas gifts, but their charge card machine was down, our plan to take the tour and send the gifts did not work out. There are other farms who do these tours, notably across the border in Southern California, when I called , they called back, provided a great tour, and sold us a bunch of dates, good shakes too.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Sabbathday

Been to Martha's Gardens Medjool Date Farm? Share your experiences!