“Best Darn Steakhouse in Yuma”
Review of Jack & Rosie's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Jack & Rosie's Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Memphis, Tennessee
“Best Darn Steakhouse in Yuma”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A friend and I recently worked in Yuma on two different occasions and it became our mission to discover the best steak in town. We tried several great restaurants then finally on my last trip and the very last night in Yuma, we hit the jackpot.

I will be honest with you I thought about turning around on the way to the restaurant because it wasn't located in the best side of town and the building is not at all impressive from the outside. However once we arrived it was obvious that we were in the right place because even though we weren't in the best side of town the parking lot was full of cars.

It was a very unassuming building. I don't even remember seeing a sign for the entrance but there is a red door on the front. When you walk in you actually walk thru a bar and then there are separate dining areas off two sides of the bar.

The steaks were out of this world. Definitely one of the best steaks I have ever eaten and the prices were reasonable. The wedding soup and bread were great as well. I had carrot cake for dessert and that didn't disappoint.

That was my very first trip to Jack & Rosie's but if I ever go back to Yuma it definitely will not be my last.
That

• Visited May 2014

“Best steak in Yuma”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I eat here a lot. The servers are well trained and the steaks are GREAT. I usually order the filet. Occasionally I order the ribs and they are good also. I recommend the the twice baked potatoes. The restaurant is off the beaten path right in the middle of a residential neighborhood. I compare the quality of food to Flemmings or Ruth's steakhouse.

Sykesville
“We were not disappointed, they've still got it!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This has been an old favorite of myself and my coworkers when we travel to Yuma on business (which is frequent). We had heard rumors that it had gone downhill recently, but our experience on this occasion was consistent with our previous dining experiences here, and all walked way quite satisfied.

The atmosphere is old school bar and grill, think late 50's early 60's. The wait staff was attentive but not intrusive, all of our needs and expectations were met. The food was uniformly outstanding given what they offer. There is not a huge selection, but steak house standards are well met. One of us had the fillet, three had rib eyes, and one had a sirloin, all cooked to varying degrees. All were served exactly as ordered, and all were excellent. The twice baked potatoes here are outstanding, I highly recommend them. The steaks were thick cut, well spiced, with excellent flavor. We'll be back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Eric A
“What kind of place serves crackers with salsa?”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

this place was old and nasty looking. Food to expensive 4 the crappy quality. The owner just sits and gets drunk at the bar while her employees ignore the customers.. there also was a cockroach in the bathroom. I told the employee and she just said ok..before I left I went 2 c if they removed it..no it was still their. This place was the worst place ever!!

• Visited January 2014
Yuma, Arizona
“I've had better”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I went to Jack and Rosie's this past weekend with my family and a couple of friends with their family as well. None of us had ever been there before but we went because I had heard that they had the "BEST" steak in town. People make a big deal about of this place. After my experience this past weekend, I'm not exactly sure why. It was no big deal. The decor is old and tacky. The steak was okay. There was really nothing special about it. I could've made a steak that tasted like that at home and to my preferred temperature. I asked for medium rare and basically got rare and lots of grisly pieces. Waste of $29.50. I assume the servers weren't fond of having children in their "high class" restaurant because as soon as we walked in with my six year old and nine month old, we got looks. I was in the service industry for 9+ years and I understand that, yes, some children do not behave well and yes, they make messes. But seriously, I had just walked through the door! Our server was TERRIBLE!! There was no friendliness what-so-ever. She had the face of: hurry up and eat, tip me, and get out. She never told us her name, never said a word besides, "are you ready to order?" She stood by the bar with the other servers just kind of starring at our group. Granted, the food came out in a timely manner but that's pretty much the only thing she did right. She gave me the incorrect salad dressing. Didn't check on us to see how we were doing or if we liked our food. She forgot the extra side I ordered. Did I mention that this place is over-priced? $4.95 for a small side of fries? Really? All-in-all, it was a pretty bad experience. I will never go back. Not worth it.

• Visited November 2013