“Mediocre/ awful”
Review of Wild Stix - CLOSED

Wild Stix
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We are spending a few days in Yuma, AZ because of dental work and needed a place for take out
food.. I found Wild Stix online for their mention of vegetarian dishes and since it had ok reviews.. nothing major I thought I would try it.

I placed my order, asking for 2 sushi rolls, one noodle dish and one rice bowl with brown rice.

Since we are veggies.. (but eat fish).. and I asked for veggies, I thought I would get a decent amount of veggies.. but with the rice, they only allowed 4 types of veggies.. and I asked for eel sauce with the sushi. He charged me over a dollar and half for the small little cup of eel sauce, and forgot it, until I mentioned it.
Then when I got back to the hotel room and opened the packages.. One of the sushi rolls smelled strange (it might have been the nori wrapped on it, not sure).
The noodle dish was ok.. but it seemed that at least half the veggies were gone and not there so it was basically just noodles (but they were fine).. That's the mediocre part.
When I went to open the rice bowl container... there was basic white rice and 4 little pieces of broccoli and chunks of raw onions and exactly 4 slices of mushrooms... no sauce no brown rice (which I might have had to pay extra for, not sure)... crappy!!!
No plans on ever going back there.
I know Yuma is a one horse town.. but we have had some decent meals in other restaurants around town...especially Mexican.. but come on... don't say you have vegetarian and then offer this crap up...

1  Thank wheresnina
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We like Asian food and always try to check out new places, but our visit to Wild Stix was one of the worst meals of my life. Mongolian grill meant one ounce of mealy, low quality beef (I hope) with minimal options. Even the rice in a simple teriyaki rice bowl was repulsive. The whole family picked at food, then ended up going elsewhere to eat.
I'm not sure how they stay in business--parking lot and restaurant are usually empty. Even so, our booth and wall were dirty. I would not recommend anyone eat here for any reason.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Actually I won a gift certificate for my first visit to Wild Stix, and the second visit was just as good. Excellent prices, a wide variety of food and what we ordered was very good and lots of it!
Super customer service!