“Best Italian Food in Town” 5 of 5 bubbles

Da Boyz Italian Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 250 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yuma, Arizona, United States
“Best Italian Food in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We love the thick pizza with "da works" but on days when we must watch the waist line the Chicken Caesar salad is to die for!!. Grilled chicken, fresh parmasean, yummy dressing WOW On a Friday when I'm to tired to cook, I order the Family Feast. Something for everyone! and they deliver.

• Visited May 2014

Yuma, Arizona
“Best Italian pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Da Boyz Italian Cuisine does not have just the best pizza in Yuma, Arizona but the best pizza I have found anywhere in a long time. My husband who originated from Chicago would also agree. No one loves pizza more than he does and he loves Da Boyz pizza. We were skeptical when we first went there because there is a Da Boyz in the Foothills of Yuma also which we have tried, but there is no comparison with the pizza or the ambiance. First of all this place is huge. It has several special closed off dining areas for private parties with walls decked out with 1940’s epoch movie idols. The Marylyn room, the Elvis room, and the Rat Pack room (which can seat up to 30 people) are delightful with their beautiful wood tables and comfortable leather cushioned chairs (at least in the Marylyn room). High back chairs stand at a slant like wooden soldiers along the long granite bar that extends along the massive dining room. High beam ceilings with tasteful chandeliers and spotlights give a dazzling effect especially as they accentuate the huge color prints of Marylyn Monroe, Humphrey Bogart, James Dean and Elvis Presley playing pool together. (Could that really happen?)

The employees are so attentive and efficient that nothing is ever out of place. Every table is swiftly cleaned and set with a menu and silverware wrapped in a napkin for the next happy patron. I like to see everybody keeping busy even when it’s slow. Last time we were there I noticed the hostess was busy wiping down the menus with a sanitizer. The servers are friendly and make you feel at home. They remember us each time we come in and always stop by to make sure we are happy with our pizza. Friendly and efficient…wow. Oh and the bathrooms are emaculate…a big thumbs up for me. I’ve never seen the kitchen, but just based on what I’ve seen so far I don’t have to.

Old town Yuma does have some unique eateries but we can’t seem to resist Da Boyz’s pizza especially on Wednesday when the bottles of wine are half price. Our favorite is Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir. One of the servers recommended it to us and that’s all we drink now. All their wines are reasonable even at full price. If you can’t drink a full bottle you are allowed to take it home as long as they put it in a bag for you. There is a lot of stuff on the menu but I must confess we have never tried them because the pizza is so good. We get the largest size and end up taking half of it home.

Ok, I have to say something critical about this place though it’s very hard to do. We go there for the pizza and that’s it… because everything else on their menu is so typical. For appetizers they have Bruschetta, Italian chicken breast sliders, sausage sliders and chicken wings. Their Bruschetta consists of chopped tomatoes, basil, garlic and oil and vinegar on Italian bread. I love bruschetta, but not without fresh mozzarella and some kind of Italian deli meat like proscuitto. I know they have fresh mozzarella and basil because they put it in their Caprese salad. So why not have a real Caprese Bruschetta with all those ingredients? It’s not just Da Boyz, not one single restaurant in Yuma has Bruschetta the way it should be. The other thing I’d like to see in an Italian Restaurant is an appetizer like you would find in Venice, Italy, The enotecas of Venice serve cichetti (chi-ke-tee) small bite size canapés with a variety of tasty toppings. Spain has tapas…..the Europeans get it. Oh well, we have to settle for chicken wings here.

That’s my rant and rave. Yuma still has a long way to go in the culinary arena, but as long as we can get great pizza we’ll stay here. And as long as Da Boyz and some other places have half off on wine, we’ll keep going back. The address is 284 South Main Street, Ste. 101 Yuma, Arizona.

• Visited May 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Food and Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This atmosphere, food and service were great! Restaurant located downtown within walking distance of the Hilton Garden Inn.

Visited April 2014
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Fast Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

The best way to describe this place is fast Italian food, fast food type atmosphere, but great quality food. Great menu selection, very fast service and great taste.

• Visited November 2013