“Nestled in the heart of Yuma”
Review of Holiday Inn Yuma

Holiday Inn Yuma
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Yuma right across the street from the main mall and all restaurants. 10 min drive from the airport. 10 minutes to walmart if you are looking to save some money. the rooms were comfortable. nothing too exciting about this place. They have a restaurant in the lobby which I didn't use. I wish they had a free breakfast bar because I didn't use the restaurant. But they did have daily meal/drink specials.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LAMERV20
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear LAkers20,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am happy that you liked the location. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

When you travel with a dog it is hard to find a Clean hotel, but we found it here! What a pleasant surprise and the people are really nice and the room was excellent and easy location to restaurants and shopping. They also have a restaurant on location for breakfast which was nice. For the money it was well worth it.... This is a keeper!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is more than we usually want to pay for just one night, but we did enjoy this motel after a very long drive. The room was clean and well appointed. We enjoyed breakfast the next morning at the restaurant. The check-in was quick and we were made to feel valued. The location is good. The AC was great in the room even though it was really hot outside. A big point for us was that they allowed pets.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank planolady
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I usually choose a Hilton Garden Inn if I can, but this time I decided to stay at the Holiday Inn based on reviews here and I had a free night to use up. I can't speak to the value of the hotel, since I didn't pay for it, but I would definitely stay here again even if I was paying. It looks and smells very clean and new. The grounds are immaculate with plenty of free parking. We were greeted promptly at the front desk and properly recognized as Platinum members. There really isn't anything I could suggest to make the welcome any better. Every employee we encountered was friendly and spoke to us, even the woman bringing a tray of glasses to the maids.

We had a corner room on the top floor, which had a nice view over the valley. Yes, there are nice views in Yuma! I think the only advantage to the corner rooms is that they have an extra window on the side. They are the same size as the others, which is quite spacious. I would prefer a comfortable chair to lounge in rather than two chairs and a table, but that is standard for a Holiday Inn and the chairs provided were fairly comfortable. The decor was the usual dark wood and beige/brown theme you see in all new hotels these days. Nothing wrong with it, but not notable. I did like the vintage Holiday Inn photos they used as art in the room.

The room smelled nice and clean, which it was. The bathroom was spotless with not a spec of mold in the grout. The bathrooms are small, so no more than one person in there at a time, which isn't a problem for me, but something to consider if you are used to getting ready at the same time. Water pressure was very good and the temperature stayed where it was set. There was a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. The beds were comfortable with very nice linens and a choice of firm or soft pillows.

The entire hotel was very quiet. The only noise I heard the entire time was a slamming door from the hallway, but I never heard anyone talking, which is unusual. I guess the biggest surprise was that the lamps had 100-watt incandescent bulbs in them!

We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. The service was very friendly, but lacking much training. It didn't make any difference, just something that could be improved. The food was plentiful, fresh, and inexpensive (for a hotel.) I thought the menu choices were quite varied and there should be something for everyone. They gave us a coupon for $5.00 off breakfast when we checked in. Since a larger entree costs around $7.00, that's a good discount. There were free apples and cookies in the lobby.

This property is at the end of the road with just about every chain hotel known to man, so there are a lot of choices of brands. I think I could see at least ten different hotels from the window. There are a few restaurants within easy walking distance and the mall is a few blocks away. Access to the freeway is very easy. We were on the side facing away from the freeway and it was completely quiet, but I can't vouch for the side that faces directly to it.

Internet was free and worked fairly well. It only slowed down during the "rush hour", but was fine most of the time. They have wired or wi-fi and I didn't try the wired version.

My only negative, and what caused me to knock a star off my rating, is that the air conditioning is very loud and it was impossible to keep the temperature consistent. It was either freezing cold or too warm. I'm not sure there is much they can do about it since it is one of those standard under-the-window boxes, but I've never had problems with those in other hotels other than being noisy. But really, that is the only con I can think of and it wasn't annoying enough that I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davegidd
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

Quit looking, this is where you want to stay. I have stayed in many of the hotels in Yuma and this is without a doubt the best. Great location, clean rooms and awesome staff. There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel, so you never have to leave. If you want to get out the mall is within walking distance and is safe to do so. I know it's Yuma, but if you get a north facing room the views are beautiful.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank AZNative79
Reviewed 14 February 2013

This is the second year we have stayed here and the accommodations did not disappoint. The hotel has comfortable beds and we slept like a baby. We were given a coupon for $20 off our breakfast which was very good. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin Y
Reviewed 15 January 2013

My plane got delayed from landing in Tucson, so we landed in Yuma instead. Thankfully, they had room to book our group in on the last minute.

When I was driving to the hotel, which was later at night, I was impressed with the look at the hotel from the outside. The entire hotel was just engulfed in a bright green light, which made you not want to look away from it.

When our group arrived at the hotel, I was impressed how fast the staff took care of us. They checked all of us in very fast so that we could go relax in our rooms. Not to mention that the staff that was working there were extremely friendly and polite. They also gave us a 5$ voucher to be used at their Breakfast restaurant on the premises.

The room itself had everything you needed and nothing more, it was very clean, quiet and relaxing.

What really sold me on the hotel was the 24/7 free shuttle that was provided to members at the hotel. You could grab the shuttle at any time and go anywhere in Yuma without paying a dime. Once you're done in the city, you just give the hotel a call and they will immediately leave the hotel to pick you up at your location. Of course, it's always appreciated to leave a tip.

The Breakfast in the morning was EGGcellent! *CORNY*
I had an egg-white omelette which was loaded with broccoli, onions, ham, cheese and some peppers. Very healthy and delicious! The price was very good too!

If I'm ever in Yuma again, I WILL return to this hotel and also recommend it to anyone else that travels to Yuma.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business